Disappointed in the Splendor (photos)

Casshew

I am booked on the Splendor and was looking forward to seeing her, I was shocked to see her in the pics that were recently posted.

Other posters are posting how beautiful she is after seeing the pics and I am thinking wow, that is one ugly ship (inside). :eek:

Her pool area with the hanging flowers looks really nice and also the cabins look good, and the exterior fine, but all the dining room/bars and public areas look :eek: horrible.

Maybe she is not as bad in person as in the pics? the colours (purple/orange and the big circles everywhere)

So am I totally crazy or is anyone else seeing what I am? I am seriously considering switching to RCCL (which I have never tried either) based on the photos I saw of Splendor.

Maybe I have no taste? :D

Cashew ~ I moved your thread to the correct board :) . I'm sailing on Splendor next year and really looking forward to it. I think it's best to wait until you see her in person before getting to concerned!

ENJOY!

Cashew ~ I moved your thread to the correct board :) . I'm sailing on Splendor next year and really looking forward to it. I think it's best to wait until you see her in person before getting to concerned!

ENJOY!

I'm sailing on the Splendor in November and again in April of '09. I think she looks lovely.

I'll be uploading hundreds of pictures after my cruise in November... Perhaps a different perspective will change your mind...

ENJOY!

Anne she was personal with us in her bubble bath on the wrong board. Now that she is naked in her bubble bath on another do you thing she has a friendly towel boy on a moved thread started with this title???:eek:

Cashew...good luck. ;)

I will wait for more pics and trip reports, I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting... was like Liberace threw up all over it lol

Sorry for posting on the Celebrity board by mistake - I was mesmorized by the pics of the Splendor.

I am Carnival fan. However when I saw the pics of the ship, I thought" This is it???? It looks like every other Carnival ship." It all looked very pink to me. I am really tired of pink. On the Victory it is green everywhere. However in cabins pink is number 1. I think Carnival owns stock in some shades of pink company.;) :D

I am Carnival fan. However when I saw the pics of the ship, I thought" This is it???? It looks like every other Carnival ship." It all looked very pink to me. I am really tired of pink. On the Victory it is green everywhere. However in cabins pink is number 1. I think Carnival owns stock in some shades of pink company.;) :D

thats exactly what I thought. I was soooo hoping to have the cabin colors look different. Even though its brand new it still has that "old carnival look" however Id still sail on her :)

thats exactly what I thought. I was soooo hoping to have the cabin colors look different. Even though its brand new it still has that "old carnival look" however Id still sail on her :)

Exactly my thoughts . . . I was hoping for the cabins to be something brand new and DIFFERENT. The cabins aren't unpleasant, I just expected with a new class ship and everything they would be DIFFERENT. :(

As for the rest of the ship . . . well, if you don't like Farcus, you probably will be disappointed. I, for one, can't get all those vases/cannisters/human ash containers out of my mind from the LEGEND, but then . . . that's Farcus . . . love him or leave him. :D

I booked her months and months ago, where there were no real pics. I have a Spa Suite. Ive been waiting all this time for pics.

Check for pics/small review of the spa cabins here

OP: Yes, the pink is everywhere. As a guy it would not be my first choice. Probably not as a girl either. But you definitely get used to it and it grows a little on you. \

There was not really any orange as you mentioned. All of the lights in the atrium/promenade change colors so a different shade of color is cast every few seconds..it is really pretty nice. The Spectacular Spectacular really does look good in purple even though the pictures make it look now...it is nt as deep of a purple as it looks.

Stay on the Splendor, she really is a great ship!

Casshew ~ no need to apologize....we're actually pretty friendly folks over on the Celeb board and it reminded me that I need to check in on how the Splendor is doing :) Thanks for stopping by....you will have a great time on Splendor! I know we will....

There was not really any orange as you mentioned. All of the lights in the atrium/promenade change colors so a different shade of color is cast every few seconds..it is really pretty nice. The Spectacular Spectacular really does look good in purple even though the pictures make it look now...it is nt as deep of a purple as it looks.

Stay on the Splendor, she really is a great ship!

It could just be the camera and not the true colour, but still :eek: lol

2395412303_abe4bd9d81.jpg

Casshew ~ no need to apologize....we're actually pretty friendly folks over on the Celeb board and it reminded me that I need to check in on how the Splendor is doing :) Thanks for stopping by....you will have a great time on Splendor! I know we will....

Thanks Anne, happy sailing :)

I think you just have to take it as a given that any Carnival ships interior is at some point going to make you say "huh?" Now some ships are worse than others, but they all get a little sideways sometimes. I personally think that Farcus packs a hookah with him when he goes out to practice his....."art"......:rolleyes:

In any case, I am certainly not going to avoid a ship just because it's interior is ugly, if I did, I couldn't go on most of Carnivals ships! I mean come on, have you seen the Sensation-al Purple People Eater?!?!?

I wish Spendor was coming to FL. I would gladly sail on her, the changes they have done to her upper decks put her above and beyond all of the Conquest class ships in my opinion. I can deal with the Pepto Bismol explosion going on inside.

Archived