What does everyone think about this?

DeRon

Don't knock the acupuncture on ships. It hardly falls into the same category as teeth whitening. I wish the ships would carry a chiropractor.

I am a firm believer and frequent recipient of acupuncture treatment (and chiropractic treatment), but I'm just not sure I want either administered on a rocking ship by a stranger. Same with the teeth whitening...you know the person administering it has NOT had the same education as my dentist, and knows nothing about the health of my teeth or other concerns that may affect my suitability for that treatment. And no matter how white my teeth were already, they would never tell me (as my dentist did this past year), that further whitening wouldn't accomplish much.

Ship is too big for me and too many passengers I believe if you count the 3rd &4th passengers in cabins it will hold over 6,000 plus the crew. I have cruised with RCCL last year had a great cruise on Jewel of the Seas but the Oasis of the Seas I will not cruise. But I'm very excited to cruise on the Emerald Princess in March that's as big of a ship I think I will go on.

I'm not sure if Princess will follow suit and build a ship that big, it will be interesting to see how full she sails after the initial newest wares off. She could turn out to be a big lemmon or the greatest ship to hit the ocean only time will tell.

Christine

I can almost guarantee you the Emerald Princess will feel much much more crowded than the Oasis of the Seas. Yes I have sailed on the Emerald.:cool:

Not sure why you think that's a jab at Princess.:confused:

Emerald & Caribbean princess have a space ratio of approx. 36.4

Oasis of the Seas will have a space ratio of approx 40.7

That's a significant difference.

As stated in a previous post why go on a cruise. This is just too big. Might as well stay on land at a nice resort. I would find it hard staying on anything much bigger than a princess Crown class ship....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Way too large for me and my taste. The ship could hold my whole town and then some!:eek:

OP.. thanks for posting here. I was just passing through to see what is being said about Princess as I am close to booking a Nov or early Dec. cruise with them and I wanted to get the "feel" of Princess cruisers.

I've learned a lot here and have also learned that some Princess cruisers are not very tolerant! :rolleyes:

If ya can't say something nice.........................

Not sure why you think that's a jab at Princess.:confused:

Emerald & Caribbean princess have a space ratio of approx. 36.4

Oasis of the Seas will have a space ratio of approx 40.7

That's a significant difference.

Ratios and actually how a ship is laid out is a big difference. Celebrity Millenium has a much better ratio than the CB, but felt MUCH more crowded to us.

But wouldn't all that empty atrium space on the Oasis between the two "wings" count toward a higher space ratio, even though it's not usable space? It is part of the enclosed area of the ship as it's not open to the outside. After all, no wonder Royal Caribbean has such a large fleet-average space ratio, given their huge inside atriums.

Personally I don't care about "space ratio" so much as sailing on a ship that has something to do with its element: there doesn't seem to be any type of recognition on the part of the designers that passengers might actually want to look at the sea they're sailing on. Apparently the only public oceanview space is on top of the rock-climbing wall!

As stated in a previous post why go on a cruise. This is just too big. Might as well stay on land at a nice resort.

The nice thing about cruising is that there is a ship for everyone. A few years ago I would have loved to take my kids on the Oasis. Something for everyone.

There is nothing wrong with a nice resort, if that is what one wants.

I might even treat my young adult children to a cruise on the Oasis. They would love it. I really don't see them on the Grand Princess with us.

Personally, I adore the movement of small boats. Darn those stabilizers on the big ships. I like to feel that I am on the water.

Ratios and actually how a ship is laid out is a big difference. Celebrity Millenium has a much better ratio than the CB, but felt MUCH more crowded to us.

Well, alllllllllllllrighty, then; however the math works out for you...:rolleyes:

Frankly, I've never felt more crowded in my life than I felt on Golden & Caribbean Princess.

I have been on 3 cruise on cleebrity all on millenium class ships (2x Sumitt 1x Constellation). IMHO in the 7 cruises I have been on, these are my favorite ships. I think they are laid out perfectly and we never felt crowded. Best thing about them is the alternative Dining venue; best out there...

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I'm looking at smaller ships in the future rather than larger, so I'm definately not interested.

This ship may have a real problem getting people on/off both at ports and embarkation/disembarkation.

Wouldn't want a balcony facing inward towards other balconies. I get balconies to look at the sea an no one looking back at me. I cruise to get away, not to watch people out in a courtyard.

Well, alllllllllllllrighty, then; however the math works out for you...:rolleyes:

Frankly, I've never felt more crowded in my life than I felt on Golden & Caribbean Princess.

Goes to show how subjective this subject is*** We were cooped up in Golden for two days because of high winds but didn't feel claustrophobic.

***(I did that on purpose)***

Steve

We felt way too crowded on the Emerald Princess... I like Princess' smaller ships like the Coral but RCCL does larger ships better and they have a much better design IMHO

That being said, I still don't think this ship is for us... too geared toward kids... we are DINKS:D

The good thing is that the Freedom of the Seas will be moving to Orlando... I may want to check that out:p

CuriousCat

Archived