Amsterdam Seattle to Alaska questions

darleen1421

I am booked on Amsterdam for the Sept 12 cruise to Alaska. I haven't seen too many posts relating to this cruise in a long time. Any one have anything to say about it? Seems like there should be someone everyweek with some information. No reviews in a while. I am excited since it is my first HAL cruise and also first time to Alaska.

Hi, I was just on this cruise a month ago and wrote quite a bit here is the link to my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797250

Just click the link in my signature for my web shots and you can view my pictures.

Also there is a thread that I posted the daily programs and menus.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=798460

We had an absolutely wonderful time and really hated to leave the ship.

I am sure you will have a great time, I just wish we were returning in September as well.

Thank you laffnvegas. I did read your review, but I think it is about the only one for this summer. You did a great job on it. I am very happy that the ship is in such good shape and that the crew is so nice. It just seems that when I went on Carnival there were tons of posts about the ship I was taking and lots of current reviews.

We did the same cruise last September on the Amsterdam and loved it. It was a charter, so a bit different form a regular cruise.

We did a helicopter landing on a glacier excursion in Juneau and that made the whole cruise worthwhile already.

The weather was cold and damp in Juneau and Glacier Bay but was warm and sunny in Sitka and Ketchikan. We used the aft pool both days at sail-away and got a sun tan. I think the day we left Ketchikan there was a salmon bake around the Lido pool and it was great, especially when washed down with Alaskan beer on tap.

The Amsterdam is a lovely ship, you will have a great time.

I'll be leaving on Thursday of this week... to sail Friday. Is there any "burning question" I might be able to answer for you while I am on my trip? I won't be posting a live thread or anything, but I'll be happy to check out something and report back.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this thread today while preparing an update with links for the Amsterdam thread in my signature line below. I will try to get the update posted there in the next hour or two if you are still interested in seeing it.

Archived