Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

• 3 weeks later...

We had our first aft suite on the Emerald several weeks ago. We were aware of the fact that it had the "beam". I was suprised at how small the overall balcony size was . The floor space was no more than 5x11. A lounge chair in the sitting position was pressed up to the glass below the rail. There are actually 2 beams on this deck, one to the extreme left and the other smack in front of one of the 2 sliding glass doors. No obnoxious smells from the vent but there was a lot of noise from the wake.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that they have reclassified the aft balcony cabins wonder how many people will not pay the additional fee - guess it depends on how much more they are. Maybe we talked about the aft too much, lol.

Edited by lonig

• 1 month later...
I just noticed this thread and see that it is rather long. Please let me know if any of you need pictures of C750 on the Golden. I can even provide approximate dimensions (within an inch or two) of the width of both beams.

I'd be interested in the pictures as we are set to be in the Crown Princess C750 which appears to be the same location/setup as on the Grand. Thanks! Did the obstruction bother you?

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked C750 and 752 for a family August 2013 Alaska cruise! This will be our first time on Princess--seemed like a good fit for Alaska. The covered balconies should be perfect for any rainy/misty days. It looks like there is a door that opens between the balconies--is that the case?

Enjoyed many pictures in this thread--would welcome any recent shots from the Star for these cabins.

Thanks!

We really enjoyed the aft balcony (B754) on Caribbean Princess, would definitely do it again although not necessarily every time. Yes, there is noise from the wake/surf but we enjoyed that and you really didnt notice it much after the first day.

Absolutely NO SMELL/ODOR from the vents so not sure why some were reporting that as a big issue here unless it was different on their cruise or they have a very sensitive sense a smell. One day there was a very slight odor from the ship smoke stack, but not from the vent. It wasnt a food smell, more of a smoke smell. This was minimal and only for a short time, nothing much at all.

Lots of room on the balcony, comparable to Caribe size balconies. Balcony had two comfortable deck chairs, no ottomans, one SMALL LOW table, not sufficient for eating on like we used to have on Caribe balconies. We took the table from inside the cabin out and ate on that and used the other table to keep the room service tray on, so it worked out OK. I used to really like that Princess had table height tables however, so hopefully they will bring those back.

Mattress was comfortable (we had egg crate pre-requested), not hard like past cruises on Princess so maybe it was one of the upgraded ones. Bedding was comfortable but pillows were not great, but just MHO.

If you have an issue with walking a lot, I would not recommend the Aft balconies or cabins as it is often a long walk from the Atrium venues and from the Theatre. Didn't bother us a bit though as we like the opportunity to walk off some of the excess calories that way, as well as taking the stairs. You are comfortably close to the aft elevators, which takes you directly to a lot of places.

Overall really enjoyed this balcony.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked and answered (I just can't find it through any searches).

Are the balconies on Golden aft cabins 752 & 753 at least equally as big (wide AND deep) as other Caribe balconies? How much furniture does the balcony have? Does anyone have a pic?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered (I just can't find it through any searches).

Are the balconies on Golden aft cabins 752 & 753 at least equally as big (wide AND deep) as other Caribe balconies? How much furniture does the balcony have? Does anyone have a pic?

Thanks for the help.

752 and 753 have a little more space than the other Caribe balconies. They are fully covered, however.

We used to be able to get a lounger for those balconies but haven't been able to do that for years.

The furniture will be the same as what's currently on other Caribe balconies.

This is the only picture I could find but it's from 2003 - as you can see, we were still allowed to have a lounger then.

DSCF1573.jpg.daae703214e4450efebae12d3f2ff3c1.jpg

Edited by chamima

• 5 weeks later...
We are trying to decide between B749 and D735 on the Ruby for a British Isles trip. Which one is best?

Is B749 fully covered?

I would go with B749. You have a very good view to the side as well as aft. D735 has a partition on both sides and there is a "beam" that blocks part of the view from the balcony door.

This is a copy of OP's photo of the Caribbean Princess. I don't remember if his original link is still good. There are slight differences in suites but the balconies should be the same.

Aft+Balconies+-+Caribbean+Princess.jpg

Edited by IECalCruiser