Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

I would go with B749. You have a very good view to the side as well as aft. D735 has a partition on both sides and there is a "beam" that blocks part of the view from the balcony door.

This is a copy of OP's photo of the Caribbean Princess. I don't remember if his original link is still good. There are slight differences in suites but the balconies should be the same.

Aft+Balconies+-+Caribbean+Princess.jpg

Thanks so much! I will book B749. It is our 20th anniversary and I want it to be special.

Re:Picture of the aft section of the Caribbean Princess.

I looked at this thread earlier and I could not get the picture to come up. Now I can see it and it really helped. The question I have for the cabin with B754 is (does it have the beam in that cabin or is it the one next door. The picture is not clear on that.

I was also wondering if anyone had a picture of the inside of the cabins? Are the cabins on the aft smaller than the other balcony's?

I really do thank you for the great picture. :D

Hope this helps

CARIBBEANPRINCESSAFT.jpg?t=1215986734

Anybody have a photo like this showing the staterooms on the Grand forward? I'm in C235. Any photos of that cabin?

Thanks!

Tom:)

Edited by trbarton

• 2 months later...

Just booked E732 Vista Suite on the Emerald. Does anyone have any pics of this balcony? I know it has a beam obstruction, I'm more concerned about how narrow the balcony really is. Can you fit 2 loungers there? Any pics of E732 or E733 on the Emerald (interior or exterior) would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Berni

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just booked E732 Vista Suite on the Emerald. Does anyone have any pics of this balcony? .....

We were on the Emerald's April TA in C751, which is just on the opposite side of the ship. These photos show the balcony area from both sides. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge. Hope this helps.

007_Emerald_Balcony_Area_C751.jpg.222469cce7fb89549338ca9d440c2d80.jpg

010_Emerald_Balcony_Area_C751.jpg.4c043a05c94d97aad2923a5adbf1f6eb.jpg

P&J

Hi Roses2

Thanks for those balcony pics as I am in C750 on the Diamond next year. Is the layout of these aft suites the same as the midship suites?

Thanks again

Maurice

Similar, but not identical. Our Vista (S6) Suite aft on Dolphin deck was slightly longer and slightly narrower than our Penthouse (S4) Suite on Riviera deck. There was no desk next to the sofa but just a long nightstand. The sofa was longer with three cushions rather than two. There were longer cabinets between the bed and the bathroom wall. The closet didn't have the notch by the door that made access to part of the clothes racks difficult. All of these are minor and they would look identical on first glance. I liked the longer sitting area in the Vista Suite.

Similar, but not identical. Our Vista (S6) Suite aft on Dolphin deck was slightly longer and slightly narrower than our Penthouse (S4) Suite on Riviera deck. There was no desk next to the sofa but just a long nightstand. The sofa was longer with three cushions rather than two. There were longer cabinets between the bed and the bathroom wall. The closet didn't have the notch by the door that made access to part of the clothes racks difficult. All of these are minor and they would look identical on first glance. I liked the longer sitting area in the Vista Suite.

Thanks heaps for that info IECalCruiser :)

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed in C752 on Grand in May. Aft balcony with a suite on our starboard side and nothing but ocean on the port side. No foot traffic at all. Nice big balcony. NO WIND since we were aft-facing (made if very nice for sitting and reading / relaxing) and, of course, the wonderful view of the wake.

We did get a bit of vibration but, as I told my wife, one used to have to feed quarters into a machine to make the bed vibrate. :D

I would book this room again in a heartbeat.

We sailed in C752 on Grand in May. Aft balcony with a suite on our starboard side and nothing but ocean on the port side. No foot traffic at all. Nice big balcony. NO WIND since we were aft-facing (made if very nice for sitting and reading / relaxing) and, of course, the wonderful view of the wake.

We did get a bit of vibration but, as I told my wife, one used to have to feed quarters into a machine to make the bed vibrate. :D

I would book this room again in a heartbeat.

Sh-h-h-h ! ;)

We were on the Emerald's April TA in C751, which is just on the opposite side of the ship. These photos show the balcony area from both sides. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge. Hope this helps.

[ATTACH]315585[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]315590[/ATTACH]

P&J

Really appreciate the C751 pics. We are booked on the Crowne it that Aft Suite in Oct. 2015 for 28 Days! Looking forward to the suite and views!

Can you expound on the noise? suite? views?

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Ruby in April, 2015 to Hawaii and booked C753 which will be our first aft cabin and want to say thanks to everyone for all the positive info. We have been all the way forward and mid several times but, we decided to give the aft a try and after all these great posts we feel very comfortable with our choice. Thanks to all!!!!