an 11:05 flight after cruise...??

JessInNY

Is this too early to schedule a flight? - I'm on the Crown 11/16 cruise.

Thanks for any info! Have a nice evening.

Jess

FLL airport is not far from the port, but I would suggest you do self debarkation so as to alleviate any stress.

self embarkment - you mean no transfer? I always take a taxi.

Thank you!

I mean don't put your bags out the night before and walk yourself off the ship early in the AM. Take your taxi, get to the airport, no worries.

answering my questions! Thank you!

I thought you had to show your color disembarkment tickets to get off the ship early. You can just walk off yourself if you carry your luggage? Wow - I keep learning new stuff! Thank you!

If we can't do this (one in party is physically not in great shape) - could we get colorcoded to get off early enough if they have our luggage?

Thank you! Have a nice evening.

Jessica

answering my questions! Thank you!

I thought you had to show your color disembarkment tickets to get off the ship early. You can just walk off yourself if you carry your luggage? Wow - I keep learning new stuff! Thank you!

If we can't do this (one in party is physically not in great shape) - could we get colorcoded to get off early enough if they have our luggage?

Thank you! Have a nice evening.

Jessica

You would need to speak to the purser's desk in order to make sure your color is among the first to disembark. There will also be a questionairre delivered to your cabin asking for you to list your flights. Not to worry; you'll make it.

Pia

I mean don't put your bags out the night before and walk yourself off the ship early in the AM. Take your taxi, get to the airport, no worries.

I agree.

Self-Disembarkation

This is the easiest and simplest way. If you can carry all your luggage off the ship yourself, as soon as they announce that the ship has been cleared for disembarkation, off you go. This saves you time in two ways. You get to leave before the first color group; you are the first off the ship and you don't have to look for your luggage in the warehouse.

All of our flights out of FLL have always been between 10:30 & 11:20, and we have never had a problem.

If you have a flight scheduled in this time period and your disembarkation tags do not reflect an early time period, just go to the pursers desk and ask for different colored luggage tags.

Unless there is a major problem with getting into port, you should have more than enough time to get to the airport seeing that it is only a 10-15 minute ride. If there is a big problem getting into port on time, then it's not going to matter what time your flight is, because your going to miss it anyway, unless it is a realy late afternoon flight.

As for self-disembarkation, unless it is absolutely necessary, I think it is a waste. I have watched people struggle down the stairs, trying to have their luggage follow them like a puppy dog, watching it as it tumbles along side or past them while trying to keep the carry-on bag balanced on their shoulder. After which, they have only saved 15-20 minutes.

This is OMHO

Joe

I would always book a flight after 1200 hrs just to be safe...

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

We had an 11:05 flight at Fort Lauderdale airport for our last two cruises . We just asked to be in one of the first groups off the ships. We also took a cab to the airport. There were lots of cabs available. We were at the airport with plenty of time to spare.

How about in Los Angeles?? Does anyone know how far the cruise terminal is from LAX? We're considering a 10:25am flight out of LAX, but don't want to have major stress trying to get to the airport on time. We don't have any problem doing self-disembark.

How about in Los Angeles?? Does anyone know how far the cruise terminal is from LAX? We're considering a 10:25am flight out of LAX, but don't want to have major stress trying to get to the airport on time. We don't have any problem doing self-disembark.

LAX is usually a 30-40 minute trip from the pier. Both of the flights we took from there were at 10:25 and we were fine.....HOWEVER, we understand that other people just don't feel comfortable with that and are not faulting them for saying not to take an early flight.

Joe

I don't think it'd be a problem. Do the self-disembark and you'll be ahead of most of those 8,000 people. If one person is not in great shape, then have one of the stronger guys carry that person's bag in addition to his own. I had no problems carrying both my bag and my wife's bag down the stairs and I am not a he man by any means.

Is this too early to schedule a flight? - I'm on the Crown 11/16 cruise.

Thanks for any info! Have a nice evening.

Jess

As you can see you will get many different answers. Here is mine. Ask for early disbark. No need to lug your luggage. When you get into the luggage terminal hold up a tip and grab a porter. Have the porter grab your luggage and a taxi. It will be quick and painless and you will be at the airport before 9:30. :)

As you can see you will get many different answers. Here is mine. Ask for early disbark. No need to lug your luggage. When you get into the luggage terminal hold up a tip and grab a porter. Have the porter grab your luggage and a taxi. It will be quick and painless and you will be at the airport before 9:30. :)

Ditto to the poster above...and to all those that said it's no problem. We have done an 11AM flight at least 8 times in the past 4 years and have never had any problem. You are at the airport before the masses, including those coming from Miami cruises, so it's the best time for a flight.

Judy

Thanks again for the info all. There is only one direct flight, and it's $100 cheaper - that's the 11:05.

Again, thank you. Have a nice day.

Jess

I am on an 11:05am flight when I return on 11/2 on the Crown Princess to FLL. The only reason I am doing this is because the airport is so close. I am planning to use self debarkation. I know it may not save a ton of time but it will help to be one of the first ones off the ship.

For LAX flights, I would definitely schedule a return flight for noon or after. LA traffic can be very challenging and as previous posters mentioned, the airport is about 30-40 minutes away from San Pedro.

The elevators will be full so be prepared to take the stairs.

We self embarked for the first time off the Emerald in Jan. Now just to let you know, we each had one self carry on size suitcase a piece, and I had my small purse. That's it! Not much luggage for a 10 day trip, but it was worth it and wonderful.

The elevators were jammed as the previous poster said, so we did take the stairs, but the ease in getting off the ship, getting our cab to the airport, and checking in was great!!!

Archived