Princess - OnBoard Theft?

Moondance30

Soda Card Sharing  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Soda Card Sharing

• Purchasing One Soda Sticker for two people is theft.
    • Purchasing One Soda Sticker for two people is acceptable.
    • We always purchase One Sticker for two people.
    • We would not even consider purchasing one sticker for two.

I was recently reading CC boards in the rituals section about how much money people spend on a cruise and stumbled across a statement that I wondered if it is a common accepted practice?

"...now we buy a soda card and share. (i don't think the multi billion dollar cruise line will go broke because we share a card)"

To me, this is plain and simple larceny. We no no more consider doing this as we would stuff a $1 piece of candy in our pocket.

What's your opinion - just curious.

It's amazing the number of customers (of any business, not just cruises) who feel that the business is making plenty of money and it's ok to:

• share a soda card
  • take the towels
  • pack up food from an all you can eat buffet
  • stuff someone in the trunk of the car to save on getting in to the drive in.
  • grab a roll of toilet paper from the restroom (yes, I've seen it happen
  • etc., etc., etc.

Then they complain when prices go up, part of which is caused by their own actions.

I will now step down from my soap box.:p

Charlie

It is perfectly fine until someone does something about it.

That is how society works.

If this subject concerns you this much I would hate for you to...

drive on a highway. speed limit is 55 I'm staying in left lane.

go to a movie. They snuck that candy in!

go swim in a neighbors pool. You didn't get a permit for this!

read cnn war with iraq! There was wmd's we sold them to saddam to use on Iran.

look in peoples medicine cabinets. Those meds were to be all used up!

talk to a politician. all lies

get pulled over cry and get let go.

you just let r12 leak out of your cars a/c lines and refillled it with r134

your using home heating no2 fuel oil in your diesel car!!!

Think I made my point, I can go on for several pages if need be.....

This isn't utopia knit picking at nonsense things like this is absurd.

drive on a highway. speed limit is 55 I'm staying in left lane.

go to a movie. They snuck that candy in!

go swim in a neighbors pool. You didn't get a permit for this!

read cnn war with iraq! There was wmd's we sold them to saddam to use on Iran.

look in peoples medicine cabinets. Those meds were to be all used up!

talk to a politician. all lies

get pulled over cry and get let go.

you just let r12 leak out of your cars a/c lines and refillled it with r134

your using home heating no2 fuel oil in your diesel car!!!

Think I made my point, I can go on for several pages if need be.....

This isn't utopia knit picking at nonsense things like this is absurd.

Let me guess??? You think this is perfectly OK and do it all of the time?

I am just guessing her by your response.

Nope, I don't agree, I have never done it, never will, and consider it stealing, even though SOME can rationalize it to themselves. And we also have some that brag how they can pay for one soda sticker and have sodas for the entire family. ARGH!

On a recent cruise, I was in Horizon Court and sitting with a couple who had just boarded. He said to the waiter that he and his wife could share a soda sticker. The waiter brought them each a soda. Like you I think this is stealing.

drive on a highway. speed limit is 55 I'm staying in left lane.If it's a 2 lane highway you're going to get run over. If it's a 4 lane then yes, it's illegal in most states to cruise in the left lane at any speed.

go to a movie. They snuck that candy in!Which is a revenue source to keep the price of the movies low. If they have a posted policy then, yes it's theft.

go swim in a neighbors pool. You didn't get a permit for this!Without permission it's called trespass.

read cnn war with iraq! There was wmd's we sold them to saddam to use on Iran.:confused: Which has to do with .....?

look in peoples medicine cabinets. Those meds were to be all used up!Maybe, maybe not. Pain scrips and others are issued as PRN (as needed). Why are you snooping in my medicine cabinet anyway? That might come in under the trespass laws. At any rate how does that constitute theft?

talk to a politician. all lies"All"???

get pulled over cry and get let go.Try it sometime and get back to us.

you just let r12 leak out of your cars a/c lines and refillled it with r134"r" u kidding? Yes, it's illegal.

your using home heating no2 fuel oil in your diesel car!!!Also illegal. Just like using agricultural gasoline in your car.

Think I made my point, I can go on for several pages if need be.....Apparently you missed the point of the thread. Nobody said anything about changing the system. OP wanted opinions as to whether we (you, I, and the rest of the CC community that care to respond) thought that sharing a soda card is theft.

This isn't utopia knit picking at nonsense things like this is absurd.If it's nonsense to you then why even post?

Just my 2¢,

Charlie

Is there any difference in sharing a soda card than sneaking booze aboard. I know that a very large number of people sneak booze (not wine) aboard to save money and think it is OK. Sharing a soda card would fall into the same category.

I do neither as I don't drink alcohol or drinks sodas, so for me this is just a rhetorical question.

It is a simple matter of integrity and honesty.

... and Domdombus it isn't fine.

Someone always has to take advantage of a good thing and ruin it for the rest of us. Maybe they will start making you wear some kind of permanent wrist bands while you are on the cruise. Glad I drink very little pop....soda...

I heard a story today of a person who had a long coat on going to a buffet and loaded his plate with steak and shrimp . He took his plate back to the table and inside of his coat he had large baggies, filled them and then went back for more!!!

I think everyone would agree that going into one of the jewelry boutiques onboard and palming a diamond ring when you buy another is theft. Some apparently think that doing the same thing for a soda card is different.

It reminds me about the story of someone asking another person if they would do something for $1 Million, that they wouldn't for $100. If the answer is "yes" then the comment is "Now we've established what you are, and we're just haggling about the price"

It is a simple matter of integrity and honesty.

I really appreciate that answer - and many others... honesty and integrity are both very much a personal thing - as well as public. Cruise prices are very reasonable and I understand the additional costs prior to booking and am willing to pay. I also understand that things like theft, property destruction... add to the cost of doing business also.

Thanks

Where were the choices:

"Don't care don't care don't care"? :rolleyes:

"Soda is for kids and fat folks" :eek:

"Stickers! We don't need no stinking stickers!" :D

"How can I keep my big fat nose outta other peoples cruises, it seems to upset me... I need help!" :eek:

why would someone have to steal from the buffet?

aren't all meals included

This another one.... WHY is taking food from a buffet STEALING when room service is free?

Is stealing also ordering ANOTHER Lobster and then not eating it?

Would I purchase a card and use it between 2 people? no simply because it would be too bothersome me.

do I drive faster than 55mph in a 55mph zone YES

would I install a pool without getting a permit? NO! even though I worked for the town hall for 8 years and know everyone and I could get away with it.

it all doesn't matter, there are more important things in life then complaining about someone sharing a soda card......

You should follow them around and make sure they are not ordering extra food and not eating it.... thats a worse crime than drinking extra SODA.

Is theft a cruise line running on a down generator missing ports causing hot spots instead of fixing it asap?

It is absurd to complain about soda card sharing, and your poll does not have an option to go against your subject so it is an invalid poll.

A few weeks ago almost EVERYONE was claiming princess was making things up to conserve fuel, is that THEFT if they were doing that?

I have not seen a picture of a broken generator yet so maybe they are thieves. and amen to those soda card rascals trying to get their fuel costs back.

you do realize that the soda costs the ship probably about 2 cents each and if they cared they would do something about people sharing.. just like if they cared about people chair hogging they would do something more than just put up a sign. It's vacation live and let live.. just my soda 2 cents :p

THen do you consider a couple sharing a soda at dinner? My husband and I always do this, one of us orders a soda, the other water. We share. Is this stealing?

Is it still stealing if my husband buys a soda card, and I take a few sips here or there? Or if he orders a soda, decides he doesn't want the rest? What is the difference between my finsihing the drink, and him just throwing it away?

I know I will get flamed, but there are more serious problems in the world than sharing a soda card.

It's good to see the positive numbers. Some people have no conscience at all and see nothing wrong with stealing...and that's what it is.

These same people think it's perfectly fine to consume grapes and bananas from the produce section of the supermarket while they are shopping...or a bag of chips.

After all, who does it hurt, right?

The answer is ALL of us by higher prices, tighter rules, more surveillance, more restrictions.

They are selfish boors.

THen do you consider a couple sharing a soda at dinner? My husband and I always do this, one of us orders a soda, the other water. We share. Is this stealing?

Is it still stealing if my husband buys a soda card, and I take a few sips here or there? Or if he orders a soda, decides he doesn't want the rest? What is the difference between my finsihing the drink, and him just throwing it away?

I know I will get flamed, but there are more serious problems in the world than sharing a soda card.

There is a definite difference between taking a few sips of soda and planning all week on having 2 people order sodas from 1 soda card.

Okay, for those who say the soda doesn't cost much. What about all the extras involved in getting that soda to you. Someone has to deliver it, install it. A bartender has to take a glass and fill it. A waiter has to serve it and then the glass has to be retrieved and taken to the kitchen and then washed by someone else. There is alot more cost to having a glass of soda than the actual cost of the soda itself.

Archived