Princess - OnBoard Theft?

Moondance30

Soda Card Sharing  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Soda Card Sharing

• Purchasing One Soda Sticker for two people is theft.
    • Purchasing One Soda Sticker for two people is acceptable.
    • We always purchase One Sticker for two people.
    • We would not even consider purchasing one sticker for two.

Your poll questions more resemble an MMPI test!! :eek:

Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory

Not quite, the MMPI requires that all answers be in a true or false format.:D

I would order a soda from someone else's soda card. True/ False.

I think ordering a soda from someone else's soda card is stealing. True/false

If you can afford the cruise you can afford the dang soda card for everyone in your group that wants to drink soda. It's always amazing to watch people do something that is wrong and make it right in their mind why they did it.

I would challenge anyone on the planet to claim that there's nothing he/she has ever done or ever does that doesn't dig at his or her conscience.

I am 100% certain that Princess knows how these cards are used, which means that if this is a victim crime, Princess (not you or me) is the victim. Princess has run the soda card program for years. They could certainly limit the card to a specific number of sodas, but they don't.

No, I'm not saying it's right, simply stating that the victim is a willing accomplice.

I would have participated in this poll, but it had no answer for me. Mine option would have been "I have not the time nor inclination to be someone else's conscience."

Tee

I was recently reading CC boards in the rituals section about how much money people spend on a cruise and stumbled across a statement that I wondered if it is a common accepted practice?

"...now we buy a soda card and share. (i don't think the multi billion dollar cruise line will go broke because we share a card)"

To me, this is plain and simple larceny. We no no more consider doing this as we would stuff a $1 piece of candy in our pocket.

What's your opinion - just curious.

I think the actual crime is paying for one soda card and then drinking the stuff:eek: Give me water any day.

I didn't get a soda card because none of us drink enough soda to make it worthwhile. However, sharing one would have about equalled the cost of buying all the drinks (for 2 people) separately, and it would have saved a lot of time and effort over the 10 days of the cruise. It was obvious the servers didn't much like the extra work of collecting the sail cards and having us sign for every dang Sprite.

I know I will get flamed, but there are more serious problems in the world than sharing a soda card.

I fully agree. I also agree with the post above that says that Princess is fully aware of how these cards are used and aren't really doing anything about it.

I don't drink soda on a cruise because of the principle of it. I think it's ridiculous that they would actually charge you for soda... the syrup costs very little and the incremental costs of the gas to carbonate the water, etc. is also not much. I don't know why they can't offer fountain soda in the buffet. There's no additional cost of making a waiter bring it to you, and the cost to wash those plastic glasses would be the same as if you got an extra glass of water.

One thing I don't understand is why they offer orange juice and iced tea for free but not soda. I would think that orange juice costs just as much or more.

It is perfectly fine until someone does something about it.

That is how society works.

If this subject concerns you this much I would hate for you to...

drive on a highway. speed limit is 55 I'm staying in left lane.

go to a movie. They snuck that candy in!

go swim in a neighbors pool. You didn't get a permit for this!

read cnn war with iraq! There was wmd's we sold them to saddam to use on Iran.

look in peoples medicine cabinets. Those meds were to be all used up!

talk to a politician. all lies

get pulled over cry and get let go.

you just let r12 leak out of your cars a/c lines and refillled it with r134

your using home heating no2 fuel oil in your diesel car!!!

Think I made my point, I can go on for several pages if need be.....

This isn't utopia knit picking at nonsense things like this is absurd.

If you think it is so trivial , why did you answer?

THen do you consider a couple sharing a soda at dinner? My husband and I always do this, one of us orders a soda, the other water. We share. Is this stealing?

Is it still stealing if my husband buys a soda card, and I take a few sips here or there? Or if he orders a soda, decides he doesn't want the rest? What is the difference between my finsihing the drink, and him just throwing it away?

I know I will get flamed, but there are more serious problems in the world than sharing a soda card.

No , I just consider this cheap.:D

One thing I don't understand is why they offer orange juice and iced tea for free but not soda. I would think that orange juice costs just as much or more.

Princess does not offer unlimited or anytime fruit juice (such as OJ) either. Juice is available in the morning at breakfast, and sometimes with meals in the diningroom, but no other times without a charge.

How do people live with themselves after a long night of sharing a soda card? You sit by the pool and share it, you share it in the horizon court, then you go to dinner and share it, then you go to the theatre and share it! Then you go back to room feeling as though you have not just changed the world by not being honest with your soda card use? :rolleyes:

That being said, I would never do it. It really is too much of a pain I would think.

I don't even understand how it would be possible to share a soda card, in most cases. When the 4 of us would sit down in a lounge or the theater and order soda, the waiter would ask to see our soda cards. If we didn't produce 4 of them, we wouldn't get 4 sodas. Same thing at the buffet. Either a waiter comes by and takes your drink order or you walk up to the bar and get them yourself. Again, you have to show the number of cards for the number of sodas you ordered. Most times, there is only one bartender at the buffet. If you walk up 4 times in a 5 minute span to get everyone a soda with the same card, she's going to be on to you. Same with the waiter in the dining room. How are we going to sit down for dinner and get 4 sodas with only one or two cards?

Some people think the waiters are too busy to ask for the cards or that they forget or just don't do it. But, believe me, they ask everytime if you don't have them out and ready. There was one waiter in a lounge we liked who got to know us and stopped asking to see them after a few days. But we continued to show them to everyone else. I suppose you could get one soda from the waiter and then walk up to the bar to get another. Or, you could go up a floor or two to get another. Why would you want to do that? When we sat down with our kids to relax and have a soda, we didn't want to sneak around to save a few bucks.

Not only don't I get why people would do it, I don't get how people do it.

Since we don't buy a soda card, can we please change this thread to sharing a coffee card? :D Thanks.

Pia

Pia, you can share a coffee card because it has a dedicated number of uses that can be used by anyone. When it's punched out, it's useless.

Pia, you can share a coffee card because it has a dedicated number of uses that can be used by anyone. When it's punched out, it's useless.

Do I understand correctly that for regular brewed coffee they don't punch the card? We don't drink any of those specialty coffees, so I'd only want a card for the freshly brewed, which in that case would be overpriced. Yes? No?

Pia

Geez, now I feel bad about taking home one of those little plastic thingies full of pencil leads for my mechanical pencil from the office. I'll turn myself in after I've had a coffee.

As long as you're not stealing the coffee from work :-)

Do I understand correctly that for regular brewed coffee they don't punch the card? We don't drink any of those specialty coffees, so I'd only want a card for the freshly brewed, which in that case would be overpriced. Yes? No?

Pia

Pia, Yes, with the coffee card you get unlimited brewed coffee without a punch to the card.

OMG...get a grip people.

I openly admit that we get one soda card and DH might order one or two sodas on a 10-day cruise.

Now if we only ordered them to throw overboard, then you got a complaint!! :rolleyes:

As a coffee card holder, I'm wondering why the soda sticker offers unlimited soda and the coffee card is good for only 15 coffees. Of course when I buy my friends a latte, nobody can glare at me! ;)

Perhaps the soda could be converted to x number of sodas per card, similar to the coffee card.

I guess if enough people do it, they can just increase the charge of the soda card or something else for the rest of us.

In the interest of full disclosure I do not do it, but I always bring a bottle of my favorite beverage to enjoy on my balcony before dinner. If that is an example of not having integrity then I can live with it.

Archived