Princess - OnBoard Theft?

Moondance30

Soda Card Sharing  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Soda Card Sharing

• Purchasing One Soda Sticker for two people is theft.
    • Purchasing One Soda Sticker for two people is acceptable.
    • We always purchase One Sticker for two people.
    • We would not even consider purchasing one sticker for two.

Pia: Okay! Okay! I concede! But, if they don't serve the coffee you enjoy is that going to ruin your vacation?

Absolutely not, because I take no chances and I bring my own. LOL :D The first cup in the AM has to be wonderful. Ahhhhhhhhhh................

I would never, ever, even consider sharing my soda card. (I don't drink it.)

I would, however, fill my rum runner flasks to the brim with Bailey's so I can have a well deserved drink before bedtime....:)

I believe I am a hypocrite! Oh well...........:D

Why don't we just elminate the problem by making the cruise all inclusive? We all would pay more but it would much more relaxing and less stressful about budgeting!

Heck no; I don't want to pay more so that all you people can consume gallons of that sickly-sweet mess known as "soda pop"! Nor would y'all care to subsidize my martinis and red wine! I say we all pay for our own addictions.

I've worked part-time for a major high-end retailer for many years, and one department sells chocolate truffles by the piece. Every new employee was reminded by the manager that eating just one truffle because "who would miss it" was beside the point: just because something was consumable didn't make it any less of a theft than it would be to tuck that Dolce Gabbana dress into your briefcase on your way out. Same thing as the soda card: Princess sells it to you with the expectation that it's for the use of one person and that should be the end of it. Otherwise, you're no different in intent, albeit in scale, from that dress thief.

thanks for the encouragement. the thread was entitled "raindrops on roses." I may start another one. But it was a little discouraging.:rolleyes:

Creative titles are great, but some people might have thought you were talking about flowers or flower delivery on-board... Something that many people just dont care much about.

Favorite thing about Princess threads usually generate responses.

Why don't we just elminate the problem by making the cruise all inclusive? We all would pay more but it would much more relaxing and less stressful about budgeting!

BITE YOUR TONGUE !!!!

Pay more...NEVER! :D:D:D

Frankly I prefer that they sell soda cards for people who want soda and keep the prices reasonable.

I for one am NOT willing to pay more just so soda can be added for no charge. If selling soda cards keeps my cruise price reasonable, then I say that's fine with me, keep selling them.

I don't want an all inclusive if adding all these extras would result in the cruise price going up. AND based on the recent and quite lengthy thread on this very subject most people agree.

I would guess, that in the not so distant future, Princess will sell the soda stickers just as they do the coffee cards. So many punches for a price. That way it will eliminate those sharing soda stickers and again, punish those that followed the rules and totally tick off those that didn't. ;)

I would guess, that in the not so distant future, Princess will sell the soda stickers just as they do the coffee cards. So many punches for a price. That way it will eliminate those sharing soda stickers and again, punish those that followed the rules and totally tick off those that didn't. ;)

Well the advantage of having so many punches per card is that then you can carry the left over punches to another cruise. I never get the soda card since I don't drink many sodas, but do enjoy one occasionally. For me its not worth the unlimited soda card, but if one was offered with punches that I could use on my next cruise, I would likely get one.

That said, I doubt they'll go to punches because of the hassle it would cause the waiters to be having to punch all the cards all the time. I think they're more likely to keep raising the price of the card.

Well the advantage of having so many punches per card is that then you can carry the left over punches to another cruise. I never get the soda card since I don't drink many sodas, but do enjoy one occasionally. For me its not worth the unlimited soda card, but if one was offered with punches that I could use on my next cruise, I would likely get one.

That said, I doubt they'll go to punches because of the hassle it would cause the waiters to be having to punch all the cards all the time. I think they're more likely to keep raising the price of the card.

I agree, there is a lot more soda consumed on board than coffee I would imagine. For the waiters to have to punch a card everytime there is a soda by the pool or at the bar would slow service down as well. I dont think we will see the coffee card format, but I could be wrong.

Never have done it, never will, and find it pretty outrageous that some people do it and furthermore, some even think it's okay.

I agree. Come on you spend a lot of $$$ to go on the cruise and some people conserve and not spend $1.95 per person for a soda card. Sounds like to me they might even eat in a grocery store and don't pay for the food too. Just a thought!!

I noticed that no one really talked about all the liquor that is brought on board (even when they stop in ports) and used by passengers. Look at all the money the cruise line is losing there, that is a lot more then 2 people sharing a soda card.

And look at all the money lost by the cruise line when people board with clean clothes in their suitcases instead of using the laundry services on board.

I agree, there is a lot more soda consumed on board than coffee I would imagine. For the waiters to have to punch a card everytime there is a soda by the pool or at the bar would slow service down as well. I dont think we will see the coffee card format, but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing the day is close at hand when smart card technology will allow passengers to pre-purchase a set number of beverages for a volume-discounted price and the cruise card will automatically keep track when it's swiped.

Just hoping that then they'll finally offer a discounted "adult beverages" card!

Originally Posted by Chacooe viewpost.gif

I noticed that no one really talked about all the liquor that is brought on board (even when they stop in ports) and used by passengers. Look at all the money the cruise line is losing there, that is a lot more then 2 people sharing a soda card.

And look at all the money lost by the cruise line when people board with clean clothes in their suitcases instead of using the laundry services on board.

Well, that's two different things. There's a rule against bringing your own liquor onto the ship in your luggage, but there's no rule that says you have to use the laundry facilities.

What I'd really like to know is how many people here who have said they think the sharing of soda cards is theft have ever smuggled booze on board. It would seem kind of hypocritical if you think that is ok but the sharing of soda cards is not.

Originally Posted by Chacooe viewpost.gif

..... What I'd really like to know is how many people here who have said they think the sharing of soda cards is theft have ever smuggled booze on board. It would seem kind of hypocritical if you think that is ok but the sharing of soda cards is not.

Exactly my point. this thread is absurd.........

I think I am going to get a soda card take a picture of me getting it, then take a picture of me dumping it out, then get another 10 minutes later and do the same process. Do it for several hours and make a youtube of it.

I will label it. I PAID FOR IT I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT WITH IT.

It is not theft if I keep dumping out... UNLESS I dump it into someones glass! OMG dial 911!!!! the low class people are sharing their soda card!!!

Such pettiness..... I am going to dance through the dinner halls and dial 911 on all the the people that are not cleaning their plates. How dare they not eat something just because they dont like it! they orderred it! why did they order it if they werent going to eat it? because they are STEALING and want to make less for everyone else and drive costs up!

petty whining is why there can never be utopia.

I am printing out my SODA CARD POLICE Badge and I am going to report any soda card sharing directly to the captain.

I did some math and 1 shared soda card costs the people on the cruise .0069cents more.

I think I am going to get a soda card take a picture of me getting it, then take a picture of me dumping it out, then get another 10 minutes later and do the same process. Do it for several hours and make a youtube of it.

It is not theft if I keep dumping out... UNLESS I dump it into someones glass! OMG dial 911!!!! the low class people are sharing their soda card!!!

Such pettiness..... I am going to dance through the dinner halls and dial 911 on all the the people that are not cleaning their plates. How dare they not eat something just because they dont like it! they orderred it! why did they order it if they werent going to eat it? because they are STEALING and want to make less for everyone else and drive costs up!

I am printing out my SODA CARD POLICE Badge and I am going to report any soda card sharing directly to the captain.

I did some math and 1 shared soda card costs the people on the cruise .0069cents more.

And remarks like this, and statements like this, are what DO make this thread absurd! :rolleyes:

These comments are absurd and are not realy helpful to a constructive discussion. A bit of hysteria perhaps? A bit of common sense would go a long way.

I believe there is a difference with bringing liquor onboard and sharing a soda card.

If you are drinking soda from a card for which you did not pay for, you are receiving a product you did not pay for. If you are purposefully doing this multiple times throughout the entire cruise, I find this dishonest. If you - once or twice over the course of a week - drink a soda on your spouses card, that's probably not a big deal. But trying to "cheat" the line to save $4 a day by each drinking multiple sodas on one card, is as another poster put it, tacky.

If you bring your own alcoholic drinks onboard and consume them in your stateroom, you are in theory denying the cruiseline of lost onboard revenue. However, you are not causing them to incur an additional expense nor are you receiving something without paying for it. You paid for your liquor that you brought onboard the ship, and you paid for your room.

If I am allowed to have a glass of wine in my stateroom, I don't see a huge difference in having a small "nightcap" before bedtime. I still buy drinks on Princess when I am out and about. I don't fill up a mixed drink and walk around the ship. I bring a small amount for my room - not to save money but for convenience. If I'm relaxing in my room, I don't want to have to seek out a bar. And they have a limited selection of items for in-room consumption on board. Our onboard account is usually a few grand. So I won't feel bad about having an Bailey's mini bottle in my room once in a while. I don't consider that stealing. [Don't flame me!]

Archived