Success of bringing on Alcohol?

gill_boo

Did you get your smuggled alcohol on board?  

401 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get your smuggled alcohol on board?

• Yep, it was in my bag where I'd put it when I unpacked!
    • No, Carnival found it and took it, damn :(

Has anyone gone out of JAX port lately.....are they real strict on the carry on luggage and what is in them?? I got my flasks ready to be filled and since I saw Bob NC pic, I will be bringing on some brewskies as well :)

I just left March 12th from the Jacksonville port, we had 2, 32 ounce rum runners and no problem at all. We didn't bring cans of beer on even though I wish we tried. All we did was put it in my checked bag and gave the porter a couple bucks (even though im sure he has nothing to do with it getting on or not) and it showed up at our cabin a couple hours later. We even walked on with a HARD SIDED cooler with soda in it, and my GF walked on with a 8 pack of soda wrapped in the plastic bag we bought it in, they never asked to unravel her soda. It was very simple and easy, just don't get too cocky.

Be very CERTAIN that these boards are read frequently by the cruise lines in order to adjust, find out what customers like or dislike, etc. It's the perfect focus group and costs them nothing. ;)

Maybe we should keep our secrets to ourselves. :rolleyes:

I laughed about 5 minutes. This is classic.:)

Another good one was on a thread about fishing on a cruiseship. Several people posted this is not done. Then, a guy posted a picture of a large fish he caught on his balcany with a big grin on his face. Now that was funny.

I love reading these boards. :o

PJ

3 cases of bud light cans (only one can leaked suprisingly), 2L of vodka, 1 oversized bottle of wine. All checked bags and they even kept ice in my soft cooler for the brews all cruise long. Used coozies, put it in sovinier cups, never had a problem. And it on deck and clubs. Wouldn't chance putting in carry on.

My favorite drink is Raspberry Stoli's Vodka and Sprite (or Coke, depends on the mood). They don't have Raspberry Stoli on the ship, so I usually bring a couple bottles of my own in my checked bag. Never make any attempt to disguise it...just roll it in a towel to keep it protected. And it's always made it to my cabin with no problem.

The first few times we did this, we found we didn't drink it much because of the hassel of going back to the cabin when we wanted a drink. Now we use some little plastic travel shampoo bottles that fit just perfectly in my little purse I carry at night. Grab a Sprite using my soda card and discretely mix my own drink.

No worries about not spending any more on ship for alcohol though. Last cruise my SnS bill was still over $600 and about half of that was on alcohol. I always drink my BBC's by the pool during the day and usually buy a few different drinks during the evenings to mix it up a bit.

Misty

Archived