Success of bringing on Alcohol?

gill_boo

Did you get your smuggled alcohol on board?  

401 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get your smuggled alcohol on board?

• Yep, it was in my bag where I'd put it when I unpacked!
    • No, Carnival found it and took it, damn :(

This is a really dumb idea! To post a poll to brag. This will only lead to more scrutiny. Don't brag about it. Who cares if you got away with it. Share stories of being caught, and how to avoid being caught without sharing actual numbers of how many got away with it. I would not be surprised it Carnival was on here looking seeing this. They see 185 people who got away, and then see $$ signs all over that they lost.

I doubt that's going to happen.

Carnival's policy has more to do with their own liability, damages to the ship, and ruining the vacation experience for other passengers by excessive drinking than anything else.

From Carnival's perspective, the best thing about their policy is that buying drinks from a bartender means there's a person involved that can interject and say "Sorry, but I think you've had enough Sir". Plus if you do end up falling off the balcony because you got too hammered, they can't be accused of contributing to your untimely demise. All the cruise lines have moved in this direction. Families are too big of a demographic to let rowdy passengers dominate the ship.

So the policy accomplishes exactly what it's supposed to already. They are not going to step up enforcement because of anything posted on Cruise Critic.

I doubt that's going to happen.

Carnival's policy has more to do with their own liability, damages to the ship, and ruining the vacation experience for other passengers by excessive drinking than anything else.

From Carnival's perspective, the best thing about their policy is that buying drinks from a bartender means there's a person involved that can interject and say "Sorry, but I think you've had enough Sir". Plus if you do end up falling off the balcony because you got too hammered, they can't be accused of contributing to your untimely demise. All the cruise lines have moved in this direction. Families are too big of a demographic to let rowdy passengers dominate the ship.

So the policy accomplishes exactly what it's supposed to already. They are not going to step up enforcement because of anything posted on Cruise Critic.

The only thing these companys really care about is the bottom line. And to bring attention to and brag about this is just stupid.

This is a really dumb idea! To post a poll to brag. This will only lead to more scrutiny. Don't brag about it. Who cares if you got away with it. Share stories of being caught, and how to avoid being caught without sharing actual numbers of how many got away with it. I would not be surprised it Carnival was on here looking seeing this. They see 185 people who got away, and then see $$ signs all over that they lost.

Please erase this admins!

This is one of the most discussed topics on CC and has been for years... same poll pops up all the time, for years now. And yes, Carnival has people looking at this board... they don't have any trouble with liquor revenue :p They know what is going on, and if it gets to the point they want to change it, they will.

I bought a large bottle of Evian water...drank the water, then filled the bottle with Grey Goose. I walked through security with the water bottle in my hand. Vodka does not have a strong smell.

Is it possible to take on a bottle of wine in hand luggage and another bottle in your checked-in suitcase?

Boxes are fine, too, we came on board in October with two in a bag, carried on, through the xray - no problems. We bought bottles at dinner and had plenty to drink at the bars. If Carnival ever cracks down like NCL, we'll be looking for another line. NCL treats pax like criminals. "Naughty Room" :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

5 cruises so far....100% success.

And I don't bother with rum runners, emptied out water/mouthwash bottles, etc.. Just bubble wrap the bottles and put them in ziplock bags cushioned with clothing in my suitcase.

Has anyone gone out of JAX port lately.....are they real strict on the carry on luggage and what is in them?? I got my flasks ready to be filled and since I saw Bob NC pic, I will be bringing on some brewskies as well :)

So therefore, 1 - 2 Cruisers out of twenty read "Cruise Critic"??

I would say it is because people do not know they are not "allowed" to bring alcohol so they bring it as they do on any vacation. Most adults do not expect to be treated like a 15yo.

For me...I am 3 for 3.

I have brought booze on every cruise I have been on. I have even run out mid cruise and brought more on board. It is easy to stager past the table to turn in what you bought while on shore. It has always been in my checked luggage for embarktion.

Has anyone gone out of JAX port lately.....are they real strict on the carry on luggage and what is in them?? I got my flasks ready to be filled and since I saw Bob NC pic, I will be bringing on some brewskies as well :)

If you try to bring alcohol onboard in your carry-on luggage you should expect it to be confiscated. (that would be the 10 people in the poll) Put it in your checked luggage like the other 288 poll respondents do. ;)

I like whiskey sours. I not only brought my big plastic bottle of whiskey i also brought several 2 liter bottles of diet squirt as the mixer. I still had a good sized bar tab because i bought a lot of foofoo drinks and beer up on deck. You could certainly get away with only drinking what you brought with you if you really wanted to. Greg

I've been on 4 cruises and never been caught. My husband pours his Crown Royal into a Listerine bottle, (after many trips in the dishwasher!) We put it in our carry on with all of our other toiletries and have not been caught once!

I don't drink beer but my adult kids do and we are taking them on a cruise in February 2010. Where do we get beer in plastic bottles? I don't believe I have ever seen this? But then again, I haven't been looking. And which brands come in plastic bottles?

Archived