Refrigerators

Can anyone tell me if there are freezer compartments (even tiny) in the Junior suites on the Mariner?

Nope. You can get ice morning noon and night from your cabin steward.

There will be an ice bucket in your room when you arrive. You can request an additional one from your steward if you need it. S/he will keep it full at all times if you ask for this.

Technically, the "refrigerators" on the ship are not actually refrigerators. They do not have a compressor which is needed for cooling. Did you ever notice that you don't hear it "running" like your refrigerator at home? The electrical needs would be phenomenal if every cabin on the ship had a refrigerator.

Technically, the "refrigerators" on the ship are not actually refrigerators. They do not have a compressor which is needed for cooling. Did you ever notice that you don't hear it "running" like your refrigerator at home? The electrical needs would be phenomenal if every cabin on the ship had a refrigerator. They really do not keep things cold, only slightly cooler than room temperature.

I'm sailing on the AOS in a few months & I have to take medication 2x during the week. I don't care either way about a fridge in my room, but will RC keep the meds for me? They are actually injections that must be kept cold.

I have no idea how I'm going to fly with them now come to think of it:rolleyes:

I'm sailing on the AOS in a few months & I have to take medication 2x during the week. I don't care either way about a fridge in my room, but will RC keep the meds for me? They are actually injections that must be kept cold.

I am an insulin dependent diabetic. On our cruise on the Jewel last December I was given one of those mini-mini refrigerators(like the ones you can plug up in your car). I had to present my doctor's order.

hope this helps.

Hi there, my wite is diabetic and on our sailing in June on the IOS we asked for a 'proper fridge' in our suite to keep her medicines in. When we boarded the fridge was in place. It was a small fridge but worked fine and wasn't noisy.

Len

In January my mom and I sailed on Sovereign in a JS. That is the first time that I have had a refrigerator in the room that actually kept things cold. This one worked so good that our drinks formed slush.

All the other cabins that I have been in have the cooler type refrigerators that only cool to around 60 deg F.

I too travel w/ meds that need to be kept cold. I have a mini thermos that keeps things hot or cold, it is about a 1 cup size. I put my meds in it w/ a few ice cubes and put it in my carrry on. I have never been questioned when flying. On the ship I either put my meds in the fridge or ask for an extra ice bucket for them, room steward has always been very helpful.

Most of the refriderators in the cabin do have small freezer sections in them. At night I slip 2 water bottles in them, they freeze and are ready for our day in port the next day. I always have cold clean water at hand.

I'm not a diabetic, I take Enbrel injections. They call it a "sureclick" pen or something like that. It's the medicine & needle all together. I renew my meds by phone every 2 months, so the next time I call them I will find out the best way to travel with this medicine.

Can any of the diabetics of the group tell me how you disposed of your needles? I'd hate to have to bring along the large sharps container as well!

My DH has a "gadget" that cuts the point of the needle off and stores the tip

inside. About the size of a nail clipper. Then just throw the rest in the trash.

Also, he travels with insulin and a small freezer pack - no problem. Unless you

are traveling in the extreme summer heat - I don't think a few hours without

refrigeration will affect the insulin. We use a small insulated bag - be sure to

have a written script along to prove that the needles are a medical necessity.

I always check our fridge for ice build up. Once we had a fridge that didn't even get close to cold and my BIL showed us where to check for ice build up. Sure enough there was a huge chunk of ice in there. We turned it off and left the door open with towels in there to soak up the water. After that it worked like a charm. I think we had to remove a little tray that was in the back of the fridge to see the ice.

Archived