Ryndam inside staterooms

debshomespun

Does anyone have any pictures of the inside staterooms on the Ryndam? Or, does anyone know if there is any type of chair, or sofa in the staterooms? It states the inside are 182 sq. ft, but on the HA website virtual tour, it shows there being no couch or cushy chair, other than the chair at the makeup table/desk/cabinet.

TIA! Thinking of booking this ship!

This is a question I can answer! We thought the chair was in the way - and was not cushy, but serviceable. The room service steward bumped into it most days when he brought us our coffee and rolls. It was a small cabin but my favorite cruise to date! I loved the intimate feel of the smaller ship. Wish we could afford a bigger cabin on a smaller ship but I will settle for more cruises!

DSC01014.jpg.44abac92a2ff778c84b56e670c7d00e0.jpg

DSC01015.jpg.4c34b498afb83abaeed65d44abae1d07.jpg

DSC01016.jpg.2879a53678fb0a46d2ad49ddefe893eb.jpg

DSC01017.jpg.e718571623234688cd936e01637a75fa.jpg

DSC01018.jpg.615b898c9daa37cf30ca7e46783d8f3a.jpg

The room service steward bumped into it most days when he brought us our coffee and rolls.
Your pics look just like outside cabins we've had on the Veendam, Statendam, and Amsterdam. I agree that the chair was mostly in the way. We seldom used it, but managed to trip over it quite a few times. :)

We had a cat J inside on the lower promanade on the Ryndam Sea of Cortez and were very pleased. We had a sofa. The cabin seemed as large as the outsides on the same deck except that it had a shower instead of a tub. We actually preferred the shower...easier to get in an out of.

We have sailed on the Ryndam 3 times and love her! The lower promanade is a good choice because the deck is just a few steps away.

I hope you choose the Ryndam!:) Happy Sailing.

Karen

Karen--Thank you so much for your photos! The cabin is much roomier than I thought it would be. We are contemplating booking the Ryndam 30 day to Hawaii, Tahiti, roundtrip from San Diego Jan/09. HAL had sent me an email about a super price for this sailing, and when we tried to book yesterday, was told there is a glitch in their system, and the lower price is not coming up. It is supposed to be taken care of monday morning, so I am keeping my fingers crossed we can get the advertised special pricing, but I know HAL has done this in the past.

. . . on that ship with that itinerary. We did it in 07 and loved every day in our inside cabin.

I find the chair more comfortable for sitting than the sofa so it was NEVER in my way. The steward can probably take it away if you don't want it.

I hope you get the great price and have this cruise to look forward to. The sea days are restful (but plenty of good lectures while on board), the port days offer great variety and beauty, and the care while on board for 30 days makes it hard to return home.

BTW, keep your eyes open for "friends" on board. While sailing to Hawaii, DH and I met someone who graduated from HS with us 40+ years before. We had plenty of time to visit and catch up.

look's bigger than the inside cabins on the dawn princess and the mercury.

can't wait till 12/01/08. if anyone has more info to share about these cabins that would be grand.

I've been on both those ships and I'm sure it's bigger then both Princess and Celebrity.

Here are a couple more pix of the room. Notice the over the door shoe organizer on the bathroom door (behind my husband) I brought to store my multitude of beauty products. I was glad to have it as the bathroom shelf would have been FULL of stuff without it! I don't like to leave stuff out for the steward to clean around, plus the clear pockets make it easy to find what you're looking for. (And with the door closed you can even reach everything in it while taking a shower in case you forget your razor or ???)

Our cabin steward, Dani, was great. See the towel animal he left us? :)

DSC01096.jpg.852a60eb2beabdda34a0f62dff790e8f.jpg

DSC01031.jpg.1630fb8a48e0c0c42ae33763776498a4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from the 35 day Voyage of the Vikings on the Maasdam, and had cabin 354, inside lower promenade. Loved it. Same size as the outsides across the hall, shower only. Look behind the curtains over the bed. There is a wonderful full length 8-10 inch shelf there. Great place to stow things. We put our cameras, books we were reading, and our pajamas there.

We would book an inside again in a heart beat!!

Cheers,

We've never sailed HAL -- yet!

Are thinking of booking inside on Ryndam for Alaska next year and I have a question regarding bathroom storage. From Karen's pictures of the bathroom I couldn't tell if there were any shelves on the side above the sink countertop.

Our only experience has been with Princess.

TIA

Alaska05: As I recall, the only shelf was the one under the mirror - one long narrow ledge that would hold my bottles and various toiletries but I didn't want to look at all that clutter for 10 days.

When we first saw the room, it looked crowed. Once suitcases were unpackd and put away - it was becoming more doeable. DS loved the sofa, that was his bed by night and play area by day -and oh the excitement coming back from dinner - THE TOWEL ANIMAL had appeared, often interacting with Justin's other stuffies.

Now for the chair - we all thought it was in the way, and our seward had offered to remove it. BUT I have leg problems and have to wear high compression support stockings. That problem chair was just the right hight and provided just the right support. I thanked God and HAL every day for that troublesome chair.

g

Archived