Voyager 7688

• 6 years later...
Jimbo - Why oh why did you bring up this six and a half year old thread?!?!?!?!?!?

Because I'm bored but we do have that cabin in 2012 and I bought a hammock and I want to know how they attached it.

Also there is another thread on the first page that asked about a hammock, I want to see how long that person takes to find this one. lol

Jimbo:D

Because I'm bored but we do have that cabin in 2012 and I bought a hammock and I want to know how they attached it.

Also there is another thread on the first page that asked about a hammock, I want to see how long that person takes to find this one. lol

Jimbo:D

Funny! :D

Carol,

I know you have had those aft corner balconies on deck 7 but have you ever had one on Explorer of the Seas. My sister just got out of one of those cabins this past Saturday and said they had a sewage smell aleast half the week and could hardly use the balcony because it was that bad.

Just wondered if you ever had the same thing happen while you were back there on that ship?

Jimbo:)

Yes, I was a bit surprised to get this in my inbox! And you're probably more surprised that I'm responding!

We used a set of hammock straps like these:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___42501

We use them all the time in various locations while camping - usually on trees, but you can use them with nearly any kind of post or permanent object. And they don't take up any more room than a folded up t-shirt or so.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Yes, I was a bit surprised to get this in my inbox! And you're probably more surprised that I'm responding!

We used a set of hammock straps like these:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___42501

We use them all the time in various locations while camping - usually on trees, but you can use them with nearly any kind of post or permanent object. And they don't take up any more room than a folded up t-shirt or so.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Excellent, thanks for the quick responce, what keeps it from sliding down the pole.? We are driving to the port though, heck we could take the tree........so Carol..hahahahahahaha

PS...Next time can you answer a little quicker, that took 13 minutes..........lol

Sorry on the delay this time - my son graduated from high school today so we were at a graduation party! ;)

All I can guess is simply friction? We've never had trouble with them sliding down (and my husband is like 220 pounds) - sometimes loosening up a bit (so you end up sagging on the ground), but I think the resistance on them is more horizontal than vertical. When you attach and tighten the ropes, the hammock should be almost perfectly horizontal. If you search Amazon or similar, you'll see a lot of newer versions which look like they have more rubber-type straps which would probably have even more grip. I was just trying to find what we'd used. If you look at my pics above though, you can see what we used as the two grip points - one round pole (that you can see in the hammock pics) and one square pole, which you can see the rope down on the ground around in the picture of the balcony in the rain. We tended to just drop the ropes and bring the hammock in when we weren't using it, since it was a bit in the way otherwise. Hope this helps!

My pics of 7388, opposite corner but identical (flipped), even pics of our hammock set up on it:

http://community.webshots.com/album/192732222bfOzJt

Thanks for the pics! I am so going to surprise my husband and bring a hammock for him. He can figure out how to hang it, as the engineer in him won't have a problem I'm sure. : ) We have the same balcony on Voyager next year.

Carol,

I know you have had those aft corner balconies on deck 7 but have you ever had one on Explorer of the Seas. My sister just got out of one of those cabins this past Saturday and said they had a sewage smell aleast half the week and could hardly use the balcony because it was that bad.

Just wondered if you ever had the same thing happen while you were back there on that ship?

Had 7688 on our first cruise, on Explorer - 2002

Had 7688 on our second cruise, on Explorer - 2003

Had 7388 on our third cruise, on Voyager - 2004

Haven't had it since.

LOVED IT.

Got us hooked on cruising.

Never had a sewer smell there. NEVER.

But who knows what the poor ol' Explorer has been through in the past 8 years?

;)

Archived