Someone Told Me...

rucruizin

That if you are platinum with any cruiseline ie: Carnival, Princess, HAL... That you receive those same benefits within the ??? what would you call it? Corporate sister lines.

Now, I honestly didn't believe that they had it completely right. Now that I have booked my next Princess cruise, but have platinum status on Carnival...I'm hoping it is true.

If it isn't...I won't be all devestated.

Thanks for the info:D

That if you are platinum with any cruiseline ie: Carnival, Princess, HAL... That you receive those same benefits within the ??? what would you call it? Corporate sister lines.

Now, I honestly didn't believe that they had it completely right. Now that I have booked my next Princess cruise, but have platinum status on Carnival...I'm hoping it is true.

If it isn't...I won't be all devestated.

Thanks for the info:D

Absolutely positively incorrect information. Each cruise line runs independently. There is no reciprocity.

Pia

P.S. Now if you're a CCL stockholder, that's where they all come together to get you OBC

Yeah the minute I heard that, I figured it couldn't be true.

Wouldn't it be great if it was though, huh?

It was someone who wasn't a frequent cruiser, and passed the info through the DH. I took the info with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the clarification

Not true on CCL, but I just booked a RCL cruise and do get credit for my Celebrity cruises on there. Go figure? Actually, the perks on Princess are much better.

Really, I wonder if this is new. I just sailed on Celebrity this past winter and didn't seem to be recognized for my previous RCL cruise.

Really, I wonder if this is new. I just sailed on Celebrity this past winter and didn't seem to be recognized for my previous RCL cruise.

No, it is not new. Been doing it for a couple years now. On my last RCI cruise they i had access to the Concierge Club. Turns out i am Diamond status with them after only 8 cruises with them, but my 2 with Celebrity counted towards it. Go figure :p

Princess and Ocean Village cruises count towards P&O Portunus Club status. (but are scored at 1/2 the value of P&O cruises)

P&O and Ocean Village cruises count towards Princess Captains Circle status (and are scored at full value)

If you aren't in the UK you probably never heard of Ocean Village.....

perhaps they were referring to the VIP program where Carnival brands offer discounts to past passengers accross companies. It is referred to on the back of the brochures or go to http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com

As a HAL Mariner, I tried this a few times. You have to call the cruise line and speak to one of their agents. This is just for a "discount" on limited sailings. No other past guest perks. Didn't help me at all.

I've heard that you lose your (Platinum/Elite) status if you cruise with another Cruise Line and they find out.;) (just kidding)

I know you're kidding, but the fact is, that once you become Elite it's difficult to want to cruise another line. The laundry perk, especially on long cruises, is worth a lot of $$$.

Pia

Benefits on RCl/ X are very different from Princess/ Carnival/ HAL/ etc.

RCL recognized X CC club, even the perks are different within the same lavel

Platinum/ platinum, Elit/ Diamond. Carnival keeps all brands are separate. If you sailed with Carnival 15 times and want to try Princess, your status is not recognized by Princess.

No, it is not new. Been doing it for a couple years now. On my last RCI cruise they i had access to the Concierge Club. Turns out i am Diamond status with them after only 8 cruises with them, but my 2 with Celebrity counted towards it. Go figure :p

Perhaps you had a couple of cruises in a JS or higher category, in which case you would have gotten 2 cruise credits. Or you sailed in a full suite, which gives you C-lounge access, too. RCI lines offer reciprocal benefits once you get to the second tier (Platinum for RCI, Elite for Celebrity/Azamara), but they do not combine cruises or cruise credits to get you there.:)

Back to discussing Princess!

Archived