Switching Cabins

weacat

I'm so excited, we are sailing on the Oosterdam in 3 weeks for a mini-family reunion. My mother had a tough year with open heart surgery and then she fell and fractured her hip. She's healed from everything really well, but still has some pain in her hip. My parents have a VB cabin with a tub. My cabin is a VB as well, a few doors down with a shower only. My mother thinks it will be difficult for her to step into and out of the tub especially with the motion of the ship.

Do you think HAL will let us switch cabins with my parents so they have the shower only? Can we do this at the pier?

Thanks for your help!

Sharon

If you are using a TA, have that person call HAL and ask.

Since you are only 3 weeks from your cruise, you may have to wait until you are on the ship.

Then see the Guest Relations Manager as soon as you board (if you haven't been successful todate) and explain the situation to him/her.

I see no reason why you can't switch cabins.

If you own both cabins for that cruise, I can't see why you just can't switch and TELL them what you did!

Because it's slightly more involved than that. You can't just switch cabins and keycards. The keycards have to be redone to have the correct pictures attached to them. When you (dis)embark at each port the correct person has to be registered in the system.

It can be done, and fairly easily, but it would be better to have the arrangements made in advance.

Hi Sharon! Best Wishes for your upcoming Oosterdam cruise...is it the Alaska Explorer? We did that on the Oosterdam a few years back and loved it! :)

I am glad to hear your mother is healing. The room with a shower will be much easier to navigate. I actually prefer the shower to tub..it is a high leg lift to get in for a person with an injury.

Surley HAL will accommodate your request. Have a wonderful cruise....the scenery is spectacular!

Karen

Archived