Whole Wheat Bagels....

sail7seas

That's what is so great about this Board. We learn so much.

In reverse, considering we go to Canada every summer and have for years, it's surprising I have never ordered an iced coffee but have learned to not order one. If they served me what you describe, I wouldn't be able to drink it. It sounds ghastly to me. I only have coffee plain black and couldn't stand to have it sweetened and the fatty cream added.

Krispy Kreme opened one store in our area about 3 1/2 years ago. They closed about 2 years ago. Went broke.

Krispy Kreme -- we had quite a few of those stores around here. Even our local grocery store - Giant Eagle -- sold their stuff.

Now there isn't one store left anywhere around here.

Call Room Service. They'll bring you a freshly toasted one. ;)

I don't think I remember ever seeing a bagel in Neptune. I've seen smoked salmon, capers, tomatoes, onions and cream cheese but I have not seen bagels. Soggy or otherwise.

On the Ryndam, Veendam and Westerdam they are there for breakfast.

They are the tiny ones.

In the afternoon, they cut them if half and use them as the finger sandwiches.

What I am seeking and have sought for years is the availability of whole wheat/whole grain bread or rolls, whole wheat pasta at least at the pasta station in Lido if not the dining room also, baked sweet potato in place of white potato offered every night.

Add, don't replace, I am not a fan of alot of those "healthier" foods your talking about, for me, it goes along with "pub" food on a cruise. When I am on vacation, I like to enjoy foods I don't have at home, so lets not replace the white baked potato with the sweet baked potato, lets add them as options.

Sorry for the wording. I don't mean for them to stop offering white baked potatoes. I request they offer baked sweet potatoes (yams) for those of us who wish to make a substitution.

I think it time HAL offers more healthy choices on a consistent, always available basis.

On the Ryndam, Veendam and Westerdam they are there for breakfast.

They are the tiny ones.

In the afternoon, they cut them if half and use them as the finger sandwiches.

Nope...... Didn't see them on Veendam or Ryndam. Someone must have scooped them all up before we got there.....every morning of our cruises. :D

Sorry for the wording. I don't mean for them to stop offering white baked potatoes. I request they offer baked sweet potatoes (yams) for those of us who wish to make a substitution.

I think it time HAL offers more healthy choices on a consistent, always available basis.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Baked Sweet Potato (Yam) once in a while.

I don't like what they call mashed sweet potatoes -- they are awful -- instant!!

Nope...... Didn't see them on Veendam or Ryndam. Someone must have scooped them all up before we got there.....every morning of our cruises. :D

They were on our recent cruises: Ryndam - Nov/Dec; Veendam - March and Westerdam - April/May.

I don't remember seeing them on other cruises.

Archived