Can I keep it a secret?

I've managed to upgrade to a balcony room. I'm trying to keep it a secret for hubby's birthday, so would like him to open the door to a surprise. I'm thinking of slipping a note to the person at check-in explaining this, just incase they mention a balcony (which he's not expecting). Will they look at me as though I'm daft? What has anyone else done to keep their secret?

I don't recall anyone at check-in saying anything about the cabin, including the number. It is always Have a great cruise. Once I hear that and walk away from the counter, my cruise offically begins.

I dont think they ever said what type of cabin it is most people know what cabin they book.

On a similer note about good friend of mine his wife came to him one day in may and told him he needed to take June 7 - 14 off. When he asked why she told hime they were going on a cruise and it was paid for. So to get back at her he planed a trip to Disney World and he'll tell he rat last minute.

We upgraded my inlaws to a JS for our Mariner cruise......they dont know it(we paid the difference already),so all they have to do is pay what they think they already owe......my only concern is the luggage tags that will say JS on them........they are not experienced cruisers and depend on us to tell them everything..........hope they fall for its a"Just Superior" cabin hahahah.....

Good luck to you! I don't remember the check in agent ever saying anything about cabin category. ;)

I have been keeping a secret from my kids. They know we are going to Disney but think we are staying at a resort the entire time. I have a private car picking us up on the 6th day and taking us to the port for a cruise. :D

I have faxed a request to the driver and asked them NOT to say anything during the ride. I am hoping the kids don't pay attention to the signs. ;)

Now I just have to get my MIL to keep her mouth shut. :rolleyes: She said to me the other day "Oh that's right, next month is your CRUISE!" :eek: Luckily the kids didn't hear her.

Last year I suprised DH by upgrading to a Suite on the NCL Spirit. I thought that he would have figured it out also and I actually was the one that blew it.

After check in on NCL they send you over to the concierge. I told him then because I thought he had figured it out. He hadn't; he thought it was just because we we lattitude members.

You may have more trouble keeping it quiet when you think it is going to be reveiled even when it isn't:D

Good luck. I am sure he'll be thrilled whichever way he finds out!

Mother-in-laws - don't you just love them !! (just kidding - some). My brother-in-law is the BIG MOUTH of the family. Wanted to surprize the "Grammies To Be" with our news - even had everything planned out with

little surprize gifts for them - which turned out to be a total flop because dear

BIL had already spilled the beans. How I can't stand that man !!

I agree with most comments that they never mention it at check in.

With that said, I'd avoid 'passing a note' to them... it would only give them a reason to ask questions.. Do all the online check in possible and there's not much to say at the desk.

Archived