If you have booked a guaranteed cabin, please come in

If you pay in full you may have a little more chance to get the room sooner but i wouldnt say its do or die. also just because its gone to book means nothing for you. you have it booked already. just make to pay in full by the final pay date.

I'm still a bit confused about how the whole guarantee thing works. I booked a balcony guarantee. I don't much care where my balcony is, so this was just a way to save $300. Nothing more. We don't sail until the end of April. When I was booking a second cabin (an accessible cabin for my mother) the agent was surprised that our cabin still hasn't been assigned. How far out do they get assigned? Is it more likely to be assigned if we were paid in full? I just noticed that the balcony guarantee is no longer available to be booked online, does this mean anything?

I finally had the opportunity to try this. Thank you to all the CC members who have discussed it and brought it to my attention. On Saturday, 11/27/10, I booked the Allure for 12/1/10, just four days in advance. I booked category Q, interior guarantee, and this morning, 11/29/10, was assigned a Central Park balcony. Paid $479 and this morning the CP balcony was listed as $999. We were in a CP balcony on the Oasis and loved it (booked another one for the Allure in October 2011), so we are very happy. I wonder if they saw that we like those cabins or it was just a lucky coincidence?

I have booked balcony guarantees with Celebrity and many a time have ended up in Concierge Cabins.

Last week,Wednesday i found myself at a loose end on our upcoming trip to Singapore this next week coming and i booked a 4 night Malaysian Phuket Singapore voyage on the Legend of The Seas ex Singapore.

Booked a Balcony Guarantee for around $609 and ended up 48 hours later scoring the beautiful Royal Suite 8500. http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/576885183zOxoMG

When i logged into my cruise personalizer on Saturday at home in Sydney and saw the above result i was so overcome with excitement,like never before, has this ever happened.

So yes, Guarantees can very much work in our favour.

Wow! Great up-grade and photos great too! That would be my dream :p

We booked a guaranteed oceanview one time (it was on Carnival) and ended up on good deck (MAIN) but we were all the way in the front of the boat. My family (who also booked the OV Guarantee) ended up in the same deck we were , but all the way in the BACK of the boat.

They were about the 4th room from the back, we we're the 2nd room from the front!

Just got my assignment: deck 8 at the mid/back of the ship. So I wasn't upgraded but I don't think it's a bad location. The category is M, I believe. Basically, if I want to change the room, I can change within that category without a problem OR upgrade if the price drops to what I paid?

I'm off to search about that deck and see if there are any specifics about that room.

We had booked an Inside assigned cabin, which we recently upgraded to an OV GTY, paying for the price difference for the upgrade. We are sailing in less than a week, but do not have a cabin assignment yet for the OV GTY. Would like to hear from others' experience where cabins were assigned very very close to sailing date.

Also would like to know if any one has had an experience where they weren't assigned a cabin until they arrived at the port. Just concerned how we'd handle that for tagging our bags. We have already received baggage tags which are for the originally booked Inside cabin. Thanks for your help.

On one trip got our cabin assignment from the porters at the terminal:) They have a passenger manifest with your cabin number on it and blank luggage tags. DO NOT USE the tags you currently have:eek: I think the later they assign your cabin the better shot at an upgrade. THe one trip I reference above, we had booked an IS GTY and wound up with an Obstructed OV on a better deck, so was great - a bit nerve wracking not knowing our cabin, but I've gotten better at it over the years. We've done several GTYs since this one and never had a cabin we couldn't deal with:cool:

Our story, just for your info..:)

We mostly book GTY cabins if available, or change to GTY when the category does become available. We have mostly, been allocated our cabin within a week or so of booking, although the sailing may be many months away...... UNTIL NOW..

We had always been very happy with our results, and our latest upcoming cruise was booked some 15 months ago. (Prior to rule changes 17 May).

After changing to a GTY, the cabin allocation was only made a few weeks ago, and this time we drew the short straw.. Arguably, we have the worst cabin on the ship:eek:.. Thems the breaks.... not going to whinge about it because we ended up getting huge price drops up until last week, and we leave in 3 days.

An interesting related aside to this is that we are now Diamond, after our last cruise.

. We were hoping that the new Diamond benefit (from June 1st), of complimentary upgrades may come into play.. Will we get that magical email or phone call within 14 days of sailing??.. We have monitored availability, and all sorts of cabins are still available, but, alas, so far we have had no such contact..... Maybe an Text message, when we get to airport on way to the ship??? :)

We can only hope for a cabin change, but if not, so be it... Thems the breaks !! .. We will have a good time anyway.

We originally booked a D8 and received a decent room assignment..When gty came available, we took the gamble and switched to ov gty to save the $$...I checked today and was assigned D1 OV on deck 7 just about midship. I'm happy we took the chance on a gty...it turned out great for us on our first gty booking

Our story, just for your info..:)

We mostly book GTY cabins if available, or change to GTY when the category does become available. We have mostly, been allocated our cabin within a week or so of booking, although the sailing may be many months away...... UNTIL NOW..

We had always been very happy with our results, and our latest upcoming cruise was booked some 15 months ago. (Prior to rule changes 17 May).

After changing to a GTY, the cabin allocation was only made a few weeks ago, and this time we drew the short straw.. Arguably, we have the worst cabin on the ship:eek:.. Thems the breaks.... not going to whinge about it because we ended up getting huge price drops up until last week, and we leave in 3 days.

An interesting related aside to this is that we are now Diamond, after our last cruise.

. We were hoping that the new Diamond benefit (from June 1st), of complimentary upgrades may come into play.. Will we get that magical email or phone call within 14 days of sailing??.. We have monitored availability, and all sorts of cabins are still available, but, alas, so far we have had no such contact..... Maybe an Text message, when we get to airport on way to the ship??? :)

We can only hope for a cabin change, but if not, so be it... Thems the breaks !! .. We will have a good time anyway.

I booked an aft JS for Alaska cruise. The guy next to me was a 1st time cruiser, went GTY balcony! He got the GS, I was unchanged. I was diamond.....he was brand new. I think newbies get bumped up because they want to get them hungry for that standard? Doing our 1st HAL cruise in a few days and got bumped up significantly. I am thinking GTY as a newbie & trying all the lines might be a way to go?lol. No longer loyal to Royal, but enjoy the same ocean!

Karen

What kind of cabin did you end up with when you booked a "guaranteed" room?

I have done this several times. I received the lowest cabin available in that guarantee price range. Never recieved an upgrade unless I booked through a travel agent. But than again may be I actually paid for it and not know it. I book through RCCL and never receive anymore that what I have paid for. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

I booked last Friday for Serenade sailing December 18, a Gty inside cat. Z. Today found I was upgraded to an OV on deck 3,all the way forward. In fact, it is the 6th cabin from the front of the ship. It might not be a location I would pick, but it is still an OV, and I only paid for the Gty Z inside. Can't wait for this weekend. :)

My friend and I booked a balcony guarantee on the Navigator. Within about a week of booking we had our assigned cabin, an E2 balcony on the hump. My friend is Diamond and by the time our cruise gets here she will be Diamond Plus so we're still keeping our fingers crossed for an upgrade when we get closer to the sail date. I'm just Gold and have never even had a balcony cabin so this will be a new experience for me no matter what :D

We generally avoid guarantee cabins since we book connecting cabins, but since there are only two of us traveling this time, we decided to take advantage of some very attractive pricing.

We booked a Y (oceanview) guarantee on the Majesty of the Seas. We've been assigned a category G cabin. It looks like it's in a decent enough location. We'll find out in a few weeks! :D

Have you made final payment yet? I was wondering why I haven't been assigned - we sail at the end of April... and the wording is "Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing"

Still waiting for my cabin assignment

Archived