If you have booked a guaranteed cabin, please come in

a few years ago we sailed HAL and booked a guaranteed balcony and ended up with a suite. I really didn't understand the guaranteed process then and now that I do I don't think I would book one. Good luck doesn't hit me twice so I figure I will get the worst room in that category.

Kathy

We are booked for large oceanview on deck 3. But I just checked the RCI website and a balcony guarantee comes out to exactly the same price as our oceanview. I've only put down a deposit. Should we go for it and take the gty?:confused:

I think I would go for the balcony cabin:) Just because its a gty does not mean they will give you a bad cabin:D We booked a balcony gty and got a category E1 on deck 10 forward. We are very happy with that selection.

Sailing on 101/10/08. Originally booked a guaranteed interior so only 3 day cruise, figured worst case, we end up in interior. Got upgraded to OV but to cabin 6004, right in front of ship by anchor. Called RCI and asked to be moved to same category but midship, now on Deck 8 with obstructed view. Figured at least we will have natural light in cabin even if bottom of lifeboats partially obstruct view. For 3 day cruise, only sleep, shower and change there anyway. Then when prices dropped, called RCI again and asked for lower rate, saved $80 on OV cabin, now only paid $209 pp. Not a bad experience for 3 day cruise.

got an obstructed balcony on deck 8. But, we paid $500 PER PERSON less then a normal balcony. We kept getting price drops and everytime we would rebook, the next day we would have the same exact cabin again! We didn't mind. It was only partially obstructed and we went to the Southern Caribbean on Serenade of The Seas in a balcony cabin for about $1750!

*sad* I was originally on deck 2, then moved up to deck 3 with the first price drop, and now I'm back on deck 2 with the second price drop. :(

Oh, well - guess in the end, it's cheaper... and that's a good thing!

YEP, it's cheaper and that's the important thing! :p

Yeah......well.......our room isn't all that splendid, either. HAHAHA

What kind of cabin did you end up with when you booked a "guaranteed" room?

booked an outside gty on the Sov of the Seas for next Friday the 12th.

Was assigned cabin 2010. Price dropped and we went back in the gty pool and was assigned cabin 3004.

Price dropped again, went back into the gty pool once more and was assigned cabin 2500. All right up there in the bow of the ship.

Guess I'll be getting an early wakeup call when we get to CoCo Cay.:D

Maybe I should say IF we get to Coco Cay.:)

Bill

booked an outside gty on the Sov of the Seas for next Friday the 12th.

Was assigned cabin 2010. Price dropped and we went back in the gty pool and was assigned cabin 3004.

Price dropped again, went back into the gty pool once more and was assigned cabin 2500. All right up there in the bow of the ship.

Guess I'll be getting an early wakeup call when we get to CoCo Cay.:D

Maybe I should say IF we get to Coco Cay.:)

Bill

:) Ahhh....a deck buddy! We're in #2032, I'm the tall Asian Girl that will be yelling at her husband. :D

We booked a gty balcony for three of our cruises. We paid less than the E1 rate and got D1's in great locations all three times. The only time that I don't book a gty is when we bring our kids and need two adjoining cabins. Unless you are really particular about your cabin location, if you are in a balcony or suite, I think that gty is a great way to save $$$:)

Our upcoming TA just had some price drops. I'm a little confused with 2 of them. E2 balcony guarantee is $1049; X balcony gte is $899. Both have same room descriptions. What's the difference where I might want to pay $150 more? Thanks.

I usually book on the top deck (8 or 10 depending on ship)- I dont find them all that noisy--you have less people per square inch on that deck--larger cabins, less people--so not a lot of problems there. The only areas I would look at--are there automatic doors directly above your cabin? If so--that may create some noise. At night--if there is a bash on the pool deck you may have some loud music--it does end!!!

I usually book on the top deck (8 or 10 depending on ship)- I dont find them all that noisy--you have less people per square inch on that deck--larger cabins, less people--so not a lot of problems there. The only areas I would look at--are there automatic doors directly above your cabin? If so--that may create some noise. At night--if there is a bash on the pool deck you may have some loud music--it does end!!!

Thank you very much for the info.

I booked a suite-junior suite garantee today. Royal Caribbean assigned us a Grand Suite!!! Very nice:) - fingers crossed they dont move us.

Booked a guarantee once and was given a balcony cabin mid-ship. BIG MISTAKE!!:D

Why a big mistake? We've always had oceaview cabins midships and now I just got my cabin assignmenet for a gty balcony but it's forward. What are the chances that this cabin will be changed again and should I contact RCI and/or my TA requesting a cabin change?

Archived