New west Coast itinerarys, please

Cozzette2

We live in northern Ca so when I found the Coastal cruise in Cruise Travel I looked it up on Princess web page. Vancoucer to LA. I booked for two reasons: its cheap and for the ports of call. Booked thru Costco there are $400 to $500 cheaper than Princess. Can't wait to sail under the Gold. Gate. With all the drama with the airlines changing your flight time and the cost of a ticket I too will be looking at more cruise from the west coast. I love Princess Cruise lines and but may have to go to another line to find cruises.[

... Booked thru XXXXXXXXX there are $400 to $500 cheaper than Princess....
Hey there Sharon, seeing as how you are new, we'll be gentle--but board rules prohibit naming agencies. Big, small, warehouses, lady-in-her-kitchen. If they sell cruises, we cannot name them, offer to send the name by email or use cutesy references that hint at the name of the agency. ;) When you have a minute, take a look at the guidelines link in the menu at the top of the page for the full list.

I want to see a cruise that visits the California Redwoods (Eureka or Crescent City port), A lost coast port in wine country, San Francisco port, Monterey Bay port, Pismo/Avila/SLO port, Santa Barbara port, and Laguna Beach OC port!

How about a west coast rainforest cruise visiting Redwoods National park, several Oregon Coast ports such as Golds Beach, Yachats, Coos Bay, and Seaside (my favorite place to go see fireworks on the 4th), and Ocean Shores or Long Beach in Washington, and of course the Olympic Rainforest/Lake Quinault/Hoh rainforest and Port Angeles.

request to send by email or sending by email also not allowed!
LOL Sultan, that's what I said. It was a list separated by commas, not an alternative suggestion. :p

Oh, and put me down for more Left Coast itineraries. Much easier for us to get to one of those ports than Florida or Alaska.

oohh. a ten day out of San Fran sounds awesome.

I guess I should have qualified that in addition to different I would like inexpensive, do I ask too much?

I can't take any vacation time when the Alaska cruises go and I am kind of limited to Jan.=April and that does narrow it down quite a bit.

I would still like to see a round trip Panama Canal from the west coast that is a little less than the one for 18 days. Picky, picky:D

That’s one I was wanting to do too. I have no interest in going back to Alaska or Mexico. What does that leave? Hawaii, but that 14 days. I wouldn’t mind doing it, but you have the sea days in between to relax and port every day while there and then sea days. I could do it once, and probably will but that would get old soon.

Yes, we have the repositioning cruises, but again only in May and September and they are one way…. I want round trips other times of the year. The worse thing for me is, I drive my mother up to Vancouver in May/June and back in September so I would have to take the cruise, fly back and then drive up and fly back in the same month or reverse that in September. Now if I could convince them to reposition the other way it would be perfect. Some ports in Oregon would be fun – leaving out of Portland would be a blast since I lived there for 12 years and could see friends too.

Rather than flying to catch those short Pacific Coastal repositioning cruises, we take Amtrak one way, and the ship the other.

Makes for a great week-long getaway. Last time we went North by ship (SF to Vancouver, Sun Princess), we took Amtrak bus Vancouver to Seattle, Amtrak to Portland, overnighted there a couple of nights (of course going to the famous Portland bookstore), then Amtrak back to the Bay Area.

Of course, the train was late, which is why the wags call the Coast Starlight the Coast Starlate.

The problem is, I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year and having to drive my mother up takes a day of two from work at each end of the trip, not to mention my weekend (and I'm not complaining about driving her)- I really don't want to spend more time doing the trip the necessary. I grew up in Vancouver, lived in Portland for 12 years and now back in LA. I've seen the scenery a 100 times. I want to get from point A to point B on these trips. What I would rather do is see some place new while being pampered and at sea. The train follows pretty much the same route (or close enough for me) as I-5 through Washington and Oregon so I have no interest at all.

Mariakitty,

You mentioned wanting a Sea-Ptld-SF-LA itineray. This under present Maritime law would be impossible. The Cruise lines are under some very strict laws which have been in effect for many a moon and as I understand are not apt to be changed anytime soon. From one continental US Port to another is as I understand is not allowed, the Cruise Line would encounter a stiff fine. PAT CC

I'll support having more cruises along and out of the West Coast. How about an 8 day from San Diego stopping in Monterey (or Santa Barbara), San Francisco, Seattle and Victoria? I'm thinking it could probably do that trip in 8 days. All but one of our 12 cruises have been West Coast/Hawaii cruises. We like the convenience of either driving or having a very short flight down the coast.

I would do a 7-8 day R/T UP the coast to Canada a couple of times a year if they had it. Love the repos but you still have to fly back.

I love British Columbia, Washington State,Oregan and California.,Hawaii.

Like someone else mentioned clean,no hassles from poor wee kids having to beg as in Mexico(Which upsets me to see them in that state).

It takes me a whole day to get to FLL from Vancouver.:eek:

Hope Princess is listening.Lets have more WEST COAST SAILINGS........Kruisey

Just heard from a friend who is going on Celebrity from LA/LA to Alaska,for 14 days, in April 2009. That would be something we would like Princess to do too. She said the ship sold out very quickly and has a long wait list for any cancellations. The cruise corporate offices need to hear from all of us on the West (Left) Coast.

After our last flight to Europe and all of the changes to make flying "safer" my husband and I really aren't interested in flying anytime soon. Being from Oregon, I would LOVE departures from Portland/Astoria and I feel there would be a real market for this. What about a Seattle-Portland-SF-LA RT itinerary? I would book it in a heartbeat!

Nice to see so many Oregonians here. :) For those of you "up north" do you have any smoke issues? Here in Grants Pass we have thick smoke, like fog. Hope it clears up soon.

Maria

Not sure if someone else has given this info., but that itinerary would never work. The ships have to go to a foreign country at least once during the cruise. Although LA seems like a foreign country, it really isn't. :D

I would like to see a regular 10 to 14 day itinerary that sailed from LA down to South America rtn. as I agree the Mexican trips are getting a bit tired.

Me too, I would love that itinerary!!! Please please please Princess

I would love to see these as SUMMER cruise routes -

from Seattle to College Fjord in Alaska rdtrp

from LA or SD to Hawaii (why not all year long??? Not everyone can do this trip at the time of year it is currently scheduled)

from SD to Galapagos rdtp in summer

from Seattle or Vancouver to Alaska, Russia, Japan // then reverse it for a back to back cruise, with a few days in between in Japan. Oh, maybe it would cruise around some Japan/Korea areas for a couple days, then return to the USA.. IN SUMMER.

The Passenger Vessel Services Act prevents most of these cruises from being profitable. Essentially a foreign flagged vessel cannot move passengers from one US port to another without stopping in a "distant" foreign port first and a foreign flagged vessel cannot round trip from a US port without stopping at a "foreign" port.

A "distant" foreign port is in Central or South America. A "foreign" port is Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, etc.

That's why the R/T Alaska cruises stop at Victoria and the one way Alaska cruises start or end in Vancouver.

This is to protect the immensely popular and unbelievably massive US flagged cruise ship fleet...(all 'one' of the them - LOL)...

Call your congressman, senator, have them repeal the PVSA. Coastal cruises on the west, east and southern coasts would be great for local port economies and would keep cruise dollars in the US.

Well, lets keep bugging Princess for some new places to go. I wouldn't mind seeing Costa Rica or Hualtulco or Roatan [ I think those are all west coast countries. ] Personally, I would like anything new from 8-12 nights, but geeze, 18 nights while still working is just a few too many days, but someday:D

Kris

roatan is off honduras and on the other side of the canal. This is being included in some western caribbean itineraries to come instead of jamaica , thank goodness, as it is quite a bit nicer and less crowded and less full of hawkers than jamaica.

Well, if you are serious about learning about/changing the PVSA, hop on over to the Ask A Cruise Question forum and read the thread about the pending changes to the PVSA, intended solely to protect that massive US flagged one-ship carrier.

Long story short, future cruises that operate in the same market as US flagged carriers (i.e. Hawaii) will either have to visit one of those named distant foreign ports OR spend over 50% of their port time in other foreign ports. Meaning the RT LA-HI-LA trips would need to spend a lot less time in HI and loads more in Ensenada (or somewhere else). Princess will have to do some serious re-routing on that HI itinerary. Might as well be with some of the routes we have suggested here. ;)

Archived