Mini-Suite Sapphire Jr Suite Mariner?

MildredK

Hi All, We have booked a mini suite on the Sapphire. We were in a Jr Suite on the Mariner of the Seas last summer and the space inside the cabin was just perfect - spacious even! Can one (or more) of you many experts provide a comparison between the interiors of the Mariner Jr suite and the Sapphire mini?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All, We have booked a mini suite on the Sapphire. We were in a Jr Suite on the Mariner of the Seas last summer and the space inside the cabin was just perfect - spacious even! Can one (or more) of you many experts provide a comparison between the interiors of the Mariner Jr suite and the Sapphire mini?

Thanks in advance!

RCI juniors are larger.

Thanks for the speedy response Pia1913.

Beyond sheer size are there any other meaningful differences between the two in say useability, or storage space, or.....? (I think all the mini are probably the same size but if it's helpful we are in an AA on the Sapphire and we were in a "hump" Jr on the Mariner.

Thanks!

Thanks for the speedy response Pia1913.

Beyond sheer size are there any other meaningful differences between the two in say useability, or storage space, or.....? (I think all the mini are probably the same size but if it's helpful we are in an AA on the Sapphire and we were in a "hump" Jr on the Mariner.

Thanks!

I don't know what a "hump" Jr. is. I just peeked into these cabins. We've been on the Navigator twice; same ship. I'm happy with Princess minis. AA mini is not different; just better location. I like the two TV's and the larger bathroom; doesn't take much to make me happy. :)

Pia

I like the layout of the JS on Mariner better - the minisuites on the Diamond (twin of Sapphire) are long and narrow. Instead of a nice walk-in closet there's an open rod (I think it's open, anyway) and a few drawers just as you walk into the cabin. The hump JS has a little more interior space, too.

You get a sofa and a great chair with an ottoman in the Mariner JS - you get a sofa and a small cup chair in the minisuite.

And the balcony of the AA minisuite is completely open to above, while the JS balcony is covered, which I prefer. If that matters to you, you could look into an AD minisuite on Emerald Deck.:)

I prefer the Diamond Princess to the Mariner as a ship, though. She only carries 2600 or so passengers vs. the 3300 that were crowding all over Mariner.

The JR suite is larger and wider than the mini's on Princess and they have a very nice walk-in closet too. However, both are very nice and comfortable for two people.

The biggest drawback to the mini's (IMHO) is the open balcony. We did not care for it at all. For our upcomming cruise on the Sapphire we have a nice AD mini on Emerald Deck with a covered balcony. The reservation is DO NOT UPGRADE! I can't imagine why anyone would want to be "upgraded" from an AD covered balcony to any of the Dolphin Deck minis.

Some of us actually like the uncovered balconies on the Dolphin deck...we do. Especially on a full-moon night with the moon glistening off the water and us drinking wine on our balcony enjoying the ambiance. If we want privacy, we go into our stateroom.

Thanks everyone! It's nice to have picture in mind and a comparison. Or course, we'll have a fabulous time no matter the cabin but it's nice to have a frame of reference. On the Mariner last year I had a sense that the cabin was very large for that category so I didn't want to get a false sense of size for this cruise.

We'll see how we like the uncovered balcony. I think that we will for this cruise, but I can see that on others we would like to be covered. I like being in the center of the ship so it seems that for the mini-suite cabin category that puts us in an uncovered balcony. (I've read these boards for years now and see that the balcony issue is one where people definitely have opinions! :) )

Cheers,

We had a jr suite on the Mariner (last cruise) and it had a lot more room than a mini suite.

The jr suite is a very nice cabin. We have a mini for upcoming cruise on Princess and its costing us about a grand less, and the balcony on a mini seems bigger.

JMO the only thing that RCL has on Princess is there cabins and the size of them, of course you pay for it also so I guess its a wash.

Archived