Ft Launderdale hotels

rocmoss

We just booked the Holiday Inn in Hollywood Fla. for a night before the cruise. It is close to the cruiseport, has its own restaurant for our convenience. Haven't been there before but hope it will do just fine.

I would go over to the North American Port board click on Fort Lauderdale there is a wealth of knowlegde on hotels there. We booked the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 stayed there last year before the rennovations loved it.

Christine

:D We are sailing out on the 29th of November, and we are staying at the Renaissance in Ft. Lauderdale. They have free shuttle to and from airport, and cruise port. By the way, it is only about three miles from the ship, and you can see the ship from your room in the morning.

Good luck.

I would go over to the North American Port board click on Fort Lauderdale there is a wealth of knowlegde on hotels there. We booked the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 stayed there last year before the rennovations loved it.

Christine

I would do the same thing. There is lots of info on florida hotels over there.

marilyn

Just about any hotel on 17th street causeway is a good one. Some are older, some are expensive, but all give you a fairly good place to sleep at night. I personally like the Hampton Inn which is on State Road 84. The part of town that it is in is not the prettiest, but the hotel is new, the staff wonderful, their breakfast is one of the best (as far as freebies go) and it is only 2-3 miles from the port, entering on the "back side" (state road 84 also ends in the port and usually not as crowded as the 17th street entrance. Granted, you can't see the ship from your window, but it is a good value if all you want is a place to sleep.

:D We are sailing out on the 29th of November, and we are staying at the Renaissance in Ft. Lauderdale. They have free shuttle to and from airport, and cruise port. By the way, it is only about three miles from the ship, and you can see the ship from your room in the morning.

Good luck.

Sorry the Renaissance does not have free shuttle.

My DW and I are staying at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale on SE 10th Street, just south of the 17th Street Causeway.

It has been recently remodeled, and is centrally located. It is rated "3 Diamonds" by AAA.

We stayed there last year, just as the remodeling was finishing up and the place is beautiful, in fact we have it booked for our cruise in October. Go to valuetrips.com and see if you can get a good price, We got it for $107 we through AAA it was only a few dollars more and withAAA you are able to cancel if for some reason you can't make it.

We stayed there last year, just as the remodeling was finishing up and the place is beautiful, in fact we have it booked for our cruise in October. Go to valuetrips.com and see if you can get a good price, We got it for $107 we through AAA it was only a few dollars more and withAAA you are able to cancel if for some reason you can't make it.

Reservations through valuetrips can all be cancelled with 24 hours notice. You do not have to book through AAA or do anything special. We have booked through valuetrips many times, and it is a great way to save $$$.

This is direct from the valuetrips site:

"NOTE: If your plans change, you must call to change or cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival date to avoid a no-show penalty."

We have found that hotels in FLL are very expensive in winter, especially around Super Bowl week. That being said we had to pay $180/night for the Holiday Inn Express on SR-84 in February, 2007. Naturally it was SB week.

This year in February, with the game in AZ, we elected to take the Princess package of the Marriott North on Andrews Ave and take the Princess transfers. It was $78/pp and a bargain compared to the other FLL hotels. No, not near the port but very close to a large assortment of restaurants and a multiplex theatre. Very clean and nicely decorated. Even if the breakfast buffet was a little pricey @ $15.99/pp. We could have walked across Andrews Ave. for something cheaper but felt like indulging a bit.

Too tell you the truth, we were too pooped after dinner by 6:30 to do much else but shower and crash.

Reservations through valuetrips can all be cancelled with 24 hours notice. You do not have to book through AAA or do anything special. We have booked through valuetrips many times, and it is a great way to save $$$.

This is direct from the valuetrips site:

"NOTE: If your plans change, you must call to change or cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival date to avoid a no-show penalty."

Sorry for giving out the wrong info, I thought that is what I was told from the hotel last year when we booked with valuetrips.com

Sorry for giving out the wrong info, I thought that is what I was told from the hotel last year when we booked with valuetrips.com

No problem at all. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that you didn't have to book through AAA or anyone else to be able to cancel if the reservation is not needed. I know we had to cancel before, and it was a very simple process. ;)

Of late, we have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport. It is a nice hotel that is within minutes of the airport and the cruise terminal. We have stayed at the Renaissance and the Sheraton, too, but have enjoyed the quietness of the HGI.

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise!

Of late, we have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport. It is a nice hotel that is within minutes of the airport and the cruise terminal. We have stayed at the Renaissance and the Sheraton, too, but have enjoyed the quietness of the HGI.

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise!

Oh, those beds at the HGI................they are PURE HEAVEN. ;)

We stay at an older, historic hotel on Las Olas Blvd. called the Riverside. Las Olas Blvd. has lots of restaurants and shops. It's really fun to walk around. You can also catch the river taxi a couple of blocks down from the Riverside. It is an easy cab ride to the Riverside from the airport and then an easy ride to the port from the Riverside.

We are on the Emerald November 10 and we will be staying at La quinta near the airport free shuttle from airport and pier and free breakfast. Clean nice, and reasonable and best of all walking distance to Oakwood Plaza for supper and last minute shopping :)

We have cancelable reservations for Feb. at the Fort Lauderdale Grande. Any comments? Sorry, but we still smoke - the only hotel we found with smoking rooms available - I wonder what you think? Please no comments about smoking - we know it's time to quit and maybe will have by Feb.

Thanks any comments on this hotel????

Kaye

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place (formerly Amerisuites) twice in the last year. The customer service is the best!!!!!!!!!!! We have flown in on Red Eyes from California and they have had a room ready for us at 5am!!!! So much for check in after 3pm.

They have a shuttle both to and from the airport and the cruiseport. Very comfortable beds, too.

Cheers, DEnise

Archived