Shasa Catamaran ???

going2cruz

Our group of 10 went on the Shasa Catamaran in July and had a blast! Jason, the captain, is a native of Barbados and we felt we were in very good hands. The fact that his catamaran only holds 12 people makes your experience very personal. We had a person in our group that doesn't swim and is somewhat afraid of the water (his wife made him come), and Jason took very good care of him. After Jason gave our friend instructions and a pep talk, he was in the water snorkeling with the rest of us while Jason kept a watchful eye on him. Jason knew exactly where to take us to see the turtles and within minutes of him getting us in the right spot, all the other catamarans filled with masses of people started heading our way. I was very glad we were on a small catamaran with only a handful of people!

Please let me know if you need anymore information.

We did the three-hour snorkel for $60/person and felt it was a gtreat value. He also offers a five-hour snorkel that includes lunch for $80/person.

We were met at the pier by a taxi that drove us to meet the catamaran. It took about 20-30 minutes, and it was nice to see a little of the island on the way. We sailed, snorkeled, and had rum punch, beer, and water. Afterwards, a taxi was waiting to take us back to the pier.

This was one of our favorite excursions, and I would do it again if we ever go back to Barbados.

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto! We had a marvelous time with Jason on our 5 hour trip with him. We had four of us girlfriends and then two other couples joined us. Jason is a quiet, polite guy . The music he played was relaxing; the food delicious, the water warm and sparkling; and he knew where the turtles were and got us there a bit before everyone else. He had a rum punch, an African wine , beer and water

Ditto to everything that has been said! We went with Shasa on the excursion that included lunch last February, and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Jason was excellent and there were only 8 of us on the cat. The food was excellent and the snorkeling was a blast. I highly recommend Shasa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info on this thread. We decided to book with Shasa, and we have done so for our stop in Barbados. We have a group of six, and we have picked the '3 hour tour'.........I can hear the Gilligan's Island Theme playing in my head................:D

• 2 months later...

I thought I would give everyone a report on our EXCELLENT voyage with Shasa Catamaran. We had pre-arranged the tour through their website, 2 months prior to our trip.

Our ship, the Noordam, arrived in Barbados at 8am, on Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2008. Our contact, Tess, was waiting for us at gate #2 at 9:30. A cab was waiting to take our group to the beach pick up site. This was what we saw on arrival at the beach pick up site.

2300074350041895530S500x500Q85.jpg

We had booked a three hour snorkeling tour with Jason, our skipper of Shasa Catamaran, shown:

2214272000041895530S500x500Q85.jpg

We had a group of six, and 2 others from CC were on board. Rum punch, beer and soft drinks were available. We left the beach, and actually SET SAIL to our snorkeling destination. Yep....he deployed the main and jib sails, and away we went. A nice stiff breeze was blowing, and we enjoyed the actual sailing time. The other larger cat tours, just cranked their engines and moved around. No sailing on those large cats. We went to a small reef area, and saw plenty of fish:

2214167060041895530S500x500Q85.jpg

We then moved over a short distance to the area where the sea turtles were. We saw several turtles UP CLOSE!

2467786210041895530S500x500Q85.jpg

Our group agreed, that this was by far the highlight of our cruise. Jason was an excellent host, and we recommend him HIGHLY!!! The cost of $60pp, included transportation to and from the ship, snorkeling equipment, beverages, and the 3 hour tour. THANKS Jason, for a wonderful experience in Barbados!

We did the 5 hour lunch cruise with Jason on November 5th. It was the BEST tour of our cruise. His wife Tess picked us up at the cruise ship port and drove us to his boat. We boarded and headed to the turtles. It was great as we were able to avoid the crowds. Jason served us drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for the duration of the sail and served a delicious lunch. We paid $80 per person. This included transportation to and from the boat, lunch and beverages. We will be doing this same tour again on our next cruise. I can not say enough good things about Jason. You will not be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
The website says they need a credit card.

Trying to decide between Silver Moon, Shasa or the cruiseline (for convenience only). Don't feel comfortable giving my cc info. out.

We gave him our CC information, so that he would hold our spot for that day. Just like a hotel holds your information to reserve a room. They supplied an information sheet, and we filled it out and faxed it in.

Silver Moon is a larger CAT. More people on board. We enjoyed having the smaller group. We saw the Silver Moon when we were sailing. We really enjoyed the sailing part of our trip too. Never saw the Silver Moon put up a sail, just used the motor, if that makes a difference...........

I just faxed through our CC details to hold our place. I have been most impressed with the speed with which Tess replies.

At the mo we are the only ones for the day so we are on the 3hr tour and she will swap us to the 5hr lunch trip as soon as someone else signs up (as she needs more numbers for the catering!)

I just faxed through our CC details to hold our place. I have been most impressed with the speed with which Tess replies.

At the mo we are the only ones for the day so we are on the 3hr tour and she will swap us to the 5hr lunch trip as soon as someone else signs up (as she needs more numbers for the catering!)

There is still time for someone else to sign up. Hopefully, they will. If not............you'll still have a good time!

We did the 5 hour lunch cruise with Jason on November 5th. It was the BEST tour of our cruise. His wife Tess picked us up at the cruise ship port and drove us to his boat. We boarded and headed to the turtles. It was great as we were able to avoid the crowds. Jason served us drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for the duration of the sail and served a delicious lunch. We paid $80 per person. This included transportation to and from the boat, lunch and beverages. We will be doing this same tour again on our next cruise. I can not say enough good things about Jason. You will not be disappointed.

Could you give me an idea of what Jason provides for lunch? DH and I have a few dietary restrictions, and if we can't eat what's offered, that could decide for us whether to take the 3hr or 5 hr tour. --Thanks!

It is a small outfit. You could email Tess, Jason's wife, and ask her. She may be able to accomodate your restrictions. When we took the lunch tour last year, we had chicken, an interesting curried macaroni and cheese ( very good too), a great salad and I think some fruit and brownies or cookies. It hit the spot and was all tasty

Archived