Buying wine in port

barbara brad

GREAT!! I dont have to hide it??

Wait, I am confused. I didn't think that you could buy alcohol in port and bring it on the ship to consume on board. I know you can bring some back with you and they store it until you disembark, have the rules changed?

Technically the rules haven't changed. But Princess choses when to enforce it. I warned my husband about "smuggling" on the Sea Princess. Coming back from St. Maarten the guy in front of us had a bottle of scotch, didn't hide it, they x-rayed it and he walked straight through. My husband gave me one of those looks ;), dumped his stuff, walked off the ship and went and bought a litre of Absolute Vodka, Princess couldn't have cared less. Maybe it was because it was a 14 days cruise rather than a standard 7 day, who knows. We also boarded with about 6 bottles of wine and it came through fine. I think I bought Grand Marnier somewhere that trip too and didn't hide it.....we were travelling with friends, not drinking for 14 days straight :)

Wait, I am confused. I didn't think that you could buy alcohol in port and bring it on the ship to consume on board. I know you can bring some back with you and they store it until you disembark, have the rules changed?

That's liquor, not wine. You've always been permitted to bring aboard wine.

That's liquor, not wine. You've always been permitted to bring aboard wine.

We brought on one bottle of wine each at every Caribbean port except St. Thomas when we were on the Crown in April. Carried it right on, no hiding. The only reason we didn't in St. Thomas was because I thought their wine prices to be outrageous. :eek:

Archived