Fantasy NEEDS work in more ways than ...

nanny4sure

We just returned from the August 9th cruise on the Fantasy and I must say I was more than disappointed with the entire process. We just drove on to Mobile - that was not the worst. We were with a wedding and that seemed to be just fine. The reception food was the best thing happening and we don't drink, so we never ordered 3 and 4 of the same drinks at the same time! The ship needs a LOT of refurbishing! THe elevators worked some of the time - but not once did they all work. Not that I don't need the exercise, but there were others who needed the help of an elevator for lots of reasons. The food was repetitive every morning and every lunch - an not very good even though they fixed the same box of pancakes every other morning. There was not much happening during the day of the "fun days at sea". I saw and heard kids running up and down the halls with no adult supervision - and I mean kids under 10. Of course the big kids were doing their own noise making - but I expected that. We have cruised several times, but I dont think I will do another Carnival if this is the norm. I do like exursions, but not for the main reason of just leaving the ship. There is not much to do in Progresso - they could have stayed overnight in Cozumel and made it much more enjoyable. Between rude and inconsiderate guests, terrible food, broken equipment - I don't know - is it worth it?? It wasn't a bargain cruise, yet somehow I felt like I was in a bargain atmosphere. I would definately not recommend this ship or itenirary. You would just have to be bored and want to waste money in my opinion - and I know we all have them. Not a "fun" trip at all. :(

"I felt like I was in a bargain atmosphere" DEGRADING COMMENT NO DISCUSSION ABOUT IT

Well maybe Carnival can't do anything about that area with the kids - i just don't need to cruise when kids are out of school. I don't know how to alter my user profile to list my cruises - and it's only 3 before this one, so I'm not a world traveler. I am not accustomed to rude people I guess - and you would think I am because of where I live. When I pay money, just like everyone else on the ship, I figure I am entitled to the same courtesy as others. Maybe that's not a good enough attitude. Perhaps I just haven't cruised with a ship full of kids and I don't intend to. Disney is not where I want to be. But at all hours of the night, kids running up and down the halls - maybe the doors need to be more insulated. It was just a comment and you are right - it's not an area that Carnival can improve in. But I can choose not to cruise where the kids are and apparently they like Carnival! LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------

is good you realise you need to cruise when kids are out of school, I have been to 3 Carnival Cruise not even one time have i seem a child running in the midle of the night in the hallways.

You might be right, maybe it isn't my cup of tea. We love Alaska and the food was always awesome. The Lido offered variety -which this ship did not. Perhaps it was just the location of the cruise and the clientel it attracts. We went only due to the wedding. I had never wanted to do the W Carribean - only the eastern. So, I guess I will stick to the places that interest me. I was just really disappointed in the smelly ship, and broken elevators - and no one seemed to care when we pointed out that the elevator had been stuck on our floor for over an hour. I'm really not a prima donna or anything - I was just not impressed AT ALL - if you didn't know that already!

"the clientel it attracts" /your words

We only went due to the weeding /your words

"Im really not a prima donna" / ????????

"I was not impressed at all"/ so now you can ruin other peoples plan for that ship??

Actually I was not judging any certain types of people - if you are rude, then you know it. If you never help the guy in the wheelchair who forgot his fries with his hamburger, then you are inconsiderate. When I said "clientelle" - however you spell it - I was referring to the partying people who need large quantities of alcohol so they can pass out and act obnoxious so us sober people have to deal with them. I expected the college kids to drink and act goofy. I didn't expect grown-ups to spit cigar butts out on the pool deck and drink so much they couldn't walk and ended up puking their guts up on the pool deck or in the elevator - the one that worked that day. I guess in Alaska no one goes to the pool, so I have missed all the "fun". I didn't know so much smoking was allowed in so many parts of the ship. I have only seen it in the outdoor sections - and then very little. If you are rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious - then I'm talking about you and you make cruising not fun. I'll be sure to get a guest list and be sure you are not on it - LOL. From what I have read, this cruise being close to NO(and it's my home town, so I'm not categorizing anyone from NO), close to college letting in attracts partying people - and that is great if it does. I should be able to have my kind of fun too and your fun shouldn't have to be at my expense. If you bring your kids, then you should know where they are at midnight - especially when they are under 10. I am not there to discipline your brats. And if you drink, acting mature would be nice - I don't think anyone enjoys getting plastered and being reminded of it over and over again. I don't drink but occasionally, but I don't think sea sickness and being hung over goes together very well. Thanks to you for the advice - I will not cruise again in the summer (which I didn't want to do anyway, but that's when the wedding was) and I won't cruise on school breaks! But I will cruise again - probably not on Carnival, but I will cruise again and have a great time - just not in the Caribbean.:eek:

Sorry to see a few beating you up for your opinion. These are exactly the type of clientele you are speaking of, I am sure! I think you might enjoy a Celebrity Cruise next time. It is a quieter more refined atmosphere albeit a little too stuffy at times. That was my first cruise and I enjoyed it very much. I am now a Carnival Cruiser however, and really enjoy the atmosphere. I like the fun that comes with these cruises and that is why I cruise. I do agree about unruly children however and can't stand an unsupervised brat!! Can't really blame the kids however, as this is just how they are allowed to behave by their parents. I don't know about the food situation as I find each spot has its pluses and minuses. I really didn't care for the dining room food but was perfectly happy with the buffet fare on our last cruise. Again however, Celebrity is hard to beat in quality dining. At least we have choices. I hope you will continue to cruise and think of it this way, it can only go up from here!! Enjoy!!

Mary

Actually I was not judging any certain types of people - if you are rude, then you know it. If you never help the guy in the wheelchair who forgot his fries with his hamburger, then you are inconsiderate. When I said "clientelle" - however you spell it - I was referring to the partying people who need large quantities of alcohol so they can pass out and act obnoxious so us sober people have to deal with them. I expected the college kids to drink and act goofy. I didn't expect grown-ups to spit cigar butts out on the pool deck and drink so much they couldn't walk and ended up puking their guts up on the pool deck or in the elevator - the one that worked that day. I guess in Alaska no one goes to the pool, so I have missed all the "fun". I didn't know so much smoking was allowed in so many parts of the ship. I have only seen it in the outdoor sections - and then very little. If you are rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious - then I'm talking about you and you make cruising not fun. I'll be sure to get a guest list and be sure you are not on it - LOL. From what I have read, this cruise being close to NO(and it's my home town, so I'm not categorizing anyone from NO), close to college letting in attracts partying people - and that is great if it does. I should be able to have my kind of fun too and your fun shouldn't have to be at my expense. If you bring your kids, then you should know where they are at midnight - especially when they are under 10. I am not there to discipline your brats. And if you drink, acting mature would be nice - I don't think anyone enjoys getting plastered and being reminded of it over and over again. I don't drink but occasionally, but I don't think sea sickness and being hung over goes together very well. Thanks to you for the advice - I will not cruise again in the summer (which I didn't want to do anyway, but that's when the wedding was) and I won't cruise on school breaks! But I will cruise again - probably not on Carnival, but I will cruise again and have a great time - just not in the Caribbean.:eek:

"I AM NOT THERE TO DSICIPLINE YOUR BRATS" YOUR STATEMENT NOT MINE, THOSE KIDS ARE SOMEONE ELSES CHILDREN , DO YOU HAVE ANY???

I said i was done but since you continue, I am not attacking you , you are the one that wrotte all of it, I dont have the time nor the interest telling you anymore that you have some issues. I do have the right to post my opinion just like you , and all you did is been complaint and complaint.

Negative comments are always going to be attacked. You are welcome to your opinion here as long as you glow over your cruise. Dont sweat it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and some have strong opinions about your opinion is all lol

I have the right to my oppinion as well , dont forget that.

Thanks

Wow talk about someone with issues?? This is just uncalled for and out of line to post like this.

I have the right to post my opinion.

Any problems with that???

Is uncalled the way she is been posting all day in regards to her bad experience, they are members in this forum that already had paid to go on that ship and now cause of this member they are confussed. Not fair to them.

I'm not calling you names - so why call me names? I wasn't trying to offend anyone and if you were, I apologize. I simply was talking about the ship and what it offered or didn't offer. Were you on that cruise? Do you frequently cruise on the Fantasy? I read what others have to say about certain lines and their ships and the excusrsions - I thought that is what we do here. I didn't call anybody names - I actually referred to the "brats" after someone else called them that. I love children - but I don't care to hear them at midnight screaming up and down the halls. When I went out once to see if something was wrong, they got embarrassed and ran into the exit where the stairs were - never saw any parents. And apparently, I am not the only one disappointed with the Fantasy - if you read what others had to say. So I guess it's better if you do go elsewhere and write your names, etc. of other cruisers.:p

Thanks for coming back. We sailed on the Fantasy in April, and took the Monday departure date. The ship was pretty much as you said, although we found much variety at the buffet when we went to the two lines inside rather than the one on the deck. There were a pretty good number of kids on our cruise, but they were much younger and supervised.

We have also had two 5-day cruises from Mobile, and did not see any kids on either one except when they came out to do a "camp carnival" parade, and that was greeted with applause and gratitude for a program that gave both the kids and adults a great time.

Royal Caribbean does some really neat stuff with the kids too.

Sorry to see a few beating you up for your opinion. These are exactly the type of clientele you are speaking of, I am sure!

Mary

Okay this is refreshing .

So we are what type of clientele????????

I ask myself who is beating who???

Terry305

Relax, Relate, Release you're going on a cruise in about 5 weeks! Hope you have a wonderful time.............

Thanks Ceepal , you r right, i will have a good time , I just dont like to read such statements against kids, lol.

THanks

Terry

Okay this is refreshing .

So we are what type of clientele????????

I ask myself who is beating who???

Well, I believe the OP was referring to the rude inconsiderate people she experienced while on the cruise. Have you read your comments?...

Why are you taking her review of the cruise so personally? You are responding as though she attacked a member of your family or something. She had a bad cruise...big deal. Other people haven't. That's why both are posted - so people can read about EVERYONE'S experiences. Do you only want to read reviews that give *glowing* reports??

Thanks Ceepal , you r right, i will have a good time , I just dont like to read such statements against kids, lol.

THanks

Terry

:confused: You've never come across a kid that was a brat?????

Is uncalled the way she is been posting all day in regards to her bad experience, they are members in this forum that already had paid to go on that ship and now cause of this member they are confussed. Not fair to them.

Good point.... but most members of this forum aren't stupid enough to be influenced by the opinions of just one person!!

I'm not calling you names - so why call me names? I wasn't trying to offend anyone and if you were, I apologize. I simply was talking about the ship and what it offered or didn't offer. Were you on that cruise? Do you frequently cruise on the Fantasy? I read what others have to say about certain lines and their ships and the excusrsions - I thought that is what we do here. I didn't call anybody names - I actually referred to the "brats" after someone else called them that. I love children - but I don't care to hear them at midnight screaming up and down the halls. When I went out once to see if something was wrong, they got embarrassed and ran into the exit where the stairs were - never saw any parents. And apparently, I am not the only one disappointed with the Fantasy - if you read what others had to say. So I guess it's better if you do go elsewhere and write your names, etc. of other cruisers.:p

Hey I was defending you:p

Well I am not going to be fighting all day over this and also get banned in the way, I am not taking it personally I just did not like the way that she talks about children, Yes I have been around spoiled Kids, mine was one when she was younger, lol. I am totally against people that trash a place that someone else had put their hard earned money to go to and in this thread it has happen, if she had a bad experience of course she can put her experience on this forum, I just think that calling some other folks inferior in her clever words was uncalled. I am not going to keep debating this since it will not be over in a week lol. My Imagination cruise is not going to be affected, I took my time and read the reviews on the Fantasy and I dont think they are bad , also i have no doubt that she did not have a good time, I just wont let no one ruined my vacation. Some people are hard to please.

I have to admit I have a lot of fun with the children I run into on cruises. Like the two little boys from Canada who came to the theater early and we all sat in the same row after that and talked. And the little girls at lunch who came by themselves. I used to volunteer to babysit for free, so Im probably not a good judge of if children are annoying or not, I dont mind them. Children and dogs like me too. guilty

lol on the door idea though.

I agree.

I am accustomed to kids and it takes a lot for me to even notice what they are doing. I think what happens is that people don't have children or their children are grown and one can get a little too used to quiet.

I used to teach and although I don't miss a lot of what it entailed, I do miss talking to children.

DH and I are booked on Fantasy Monday.

I'm curious now to see if it is as grim as it sounds.

But we did Holiday in June and liked it enough to book again for January.

I'm not overly impressed with new, but I do like clean.

Well, and that's why you guys are so great to chat with. I have had some great tips on here. I just felt I owed it to all the greats on here to be honest - just in case someone might be wanting to cruise her before the big facelift and tummy tuck! DON"T DO IT - wait till Oct of 2008!! I didn't pick it though - I just joined the wedding party and this was their first cruise. If you have never cruised, why pick it for a wedding?? hmmmm:eek:

I believe they are just fitting it with the new Waterworks water park.....the rest has been done in recent years. I am sailing on the Fantasy in 3 days and am looking forward to it. No cruise is a bad cruise!

Well I am not going to be fighting all day over this and also get banned in the way, I am not taking it personally I just did not like the way that she talks about children, Yes I have been around spoiled Kids, mine was one when she was younger, lol. I am totally against people that trash a place that someone else had put their hard earned money to go to and in this thread it has happen, if she had a bad experience of course she can put her experience on this forum, I just think that calling some other folks inferior in her clever words was uncalled. I am not going to keep debating this since it will not be over in a week lol. My Imagination cruise is not going to be affected, I took my time and read the reviews on the Fantasy and I dont think they are bad , also i have no doubt that she did not have a good time, I just wont let no one ruined my vacation. Some people are hard to please.

Dude....you need to seriously chill out....LOL....she was not the only one on here who called kids *brats* & she only did that after someone else did. The OP gave her review/opinion of her cruise....she was not attacking you. I cannot believe the way you are carrying on. I really do hope you have a wonderful cruise.

The wierd thing about this is I assume she is a nanny by her cc name and she doesn't like kids....Yikes! Most kids are brats at one part of their childhood...I am sure me included, but my kids know better than to run wildly down the ships hallways. My father was kinda nasty with kids when he got older too.

A number of kids on cruises are in definite need of a muzzle and a leash. And their "guardians" should be imprisoned for impersonating competent parents because we all know where the problem started.

As for Alaska, it tends to draw an older crowd and so fewer kids even though the season is mostly during the summer. When someone thinks about doing Alaska, Carnival is certainly not the first cruise line that comes to mind.

The wierd thing about this is I assume she is a nanny by her cc name and she doesn't like kids....Yikes! Most kids are brats at one part of their childhood...I am sure me included, but my kids know better than to run wildly down the ships hallways. My father was kinda nasty with kids when he got older too.

She never said she didn't like kids;)

Archived