Fantasy NEEDS work in more ways than ...

nanny4sure

I had kids under 10 running up and down my hallway on one of my RCL 7 day cruises. You have to expect things like that on a cruise imo. How is it you feel the Fantasy needs to work on this?

I think cruise help is reluctant to dive in and stop folks from doing certain behaviors in general, and not necessarily just on Carnival. Disney is the only cruiseline that is strict about enforcing adults only areas for instance.

See,, You all miss the best game of all...

When you have these little brats running up and down the hall.. You leave your door open just a tad,, and as the kid gets closer at full steam you stick your leg out and trip the little blur..

Then quickly shut the door and peek out the door hole to see the aftermath.. :D

When you have these little brats running up and down the hall.. You leave your door open just a tad,, and as the kid gets closer at full steam you stick your leg out and trip the little blur..

I have to admit I have a lot of fun with the children I run into on cruises. Like the two little boys from Canada who came to the theater early and we all sat in the same row after that and talked. And the little girls at lunch who came by themselves. I used to volunteer to babysit for free, so Im probably not a good judge of if children are annoying or not, I dont mind them. Children and dogs like me too. guilty

lol on the door idea though.

Well maybe Carnival can't do anything about that area with the kids - i just don't need to cruise when kids are out of school.

This is not true. They just choose not to do anything. If the kids bother you that much I would suggest cruising on Princess. They have youth security 24/7 and don't have the problem that Carnival seems to have.

Good luck!

I'm guessing that would be the unwashed illiterate trash like myself?

mzloolue , also trash like me??? i am telling you the things i read in this forum are just amazing ,talk about manners and education !!!!

she says she is not prima donna well i just think the opposite she thinks she is, by no means she is , this person thinks the "clientel" is low class, thats all, perhaps she can book a celebrity cruise with people like her ?????

so she really thinks she is royalty????? also the name nanny???she hates kids for God's sake I will not want her as my kids nanny. My DD is almost 21 , hubby and I are going to this cruise with our fiends and their kids ages 8 and 12. Kids are kids please!!!!

Peace out

Who's right about the food ? I will be cruising RCL in Oct. and I will surely be disappointed to find the same food everyday. Also don't bet on not having kids when school's in, the parents just take the kids out of school. I don't understand why the cruise line doesn't do more to keep the kids from becoming "out of hand"

I'm getting a little nervous reading this bc i leave on the fantasy in a week! But the holiday is supposed to be the "Worst" ship right? I had no complaints about it at all. I guess i'm just easy to please as long as i have a drink and the sun i don't care. As for kids the ought to be in school by now right? They really don't bother me as long as I am not responsible for them they can be as loud as they want. It's not my problem thats why my kids don't cruise yet!!!

Holly...if I were a betting person...I would say you are going to have a wonderful cruise.

Yes, the Fantasy is a little "tired" looking...but she is still a fine ship and will provide more than your money's worth!

I have to disagree with the OP about "old and smelly". Our friend that just returned specifically commented on how clean everything was....and that crew were constantly cleaning. And while the Fantasy is ready for a drydock and has some issues...I do not believe they will substantially affect your cruise.

While the OP may have had valid issues, I tend to ignore generalizations like "the food was terrible". Sorry, I have cruised long enough on Carnival to know that all the food will not be terrible on this cruise.

I know that schools in Mississippi are back in session. I do not know about Alabama or Louisiana.

So relax and have a wonderful time.

Who's right about the food ? I will be cruising RCL in Oct. and I will surely be disappointed to find the same food everyday. Also don't bet on not having kids when school's in, the parents just take the kids out of school. I don't understand why the cruise line doesn't do more to keep the kids from becoming "out of hand"

Our friends are taking the kids out of school to go in this trip , i never did it with my dd when she was in school, I think some people just dont like kids and they shall look for a travel arrangement to a adults only enviroment.

Holly...if I were a betting person...I would say you are going to have a wonderful cruise.

Yes, the Fantasy is a little "tired" looking...but she is still a fine ship and will provide more than your money's worth!

I have to disagree with the OP about "old and smelly". Our friend that just returned specifically commented on how clean everything was....and that crew were constantly cleaning. And while the Fantasy is ready for a drydock and has some issues...I do not believe they will substantially affect your cruise.

While the OP may have had valid issues, I tend to ignore generalizations like "the food was terrible". Sorry, I have cruised long enough on Carnival to know that all the food will not be terrible on this cruise.

I know that schools in Mississippi are back in session. I do not know about Alabama or Louisiana.

So relax and have a wonderful time.

Alabama public schools started back Aug 11.

We've been on the Fantasy many times, and the Lido Deck buffet has a completely different menu each day - not only that, but each side of the buffet has different selections - the regular offerings on one side and the taste of nations on the other side. We eat at the Lido buffet every single day and never have the same thing twice, other than things like the potato salad which they will offer each day.

I agree. Breakfast is not the same every morning either. Some days pancakes, next day French Toast. One day oatmeal, the next day creme of wheat. I will have to note, one trip they had no grits & in May, they had grits every day.

Not sure what people expect when they cruise on one of the oldest, smallest ships in the fleet that is scheduled for refurbishment & also cruise during peak kid time. :rolleyes: I've cruised on Fantasy 3 times & would never have done it the second or third time if things were that bad. I've always had a great time along with good food & service. Can't wait to book it again next year for a quickie. :D

what do you mean by the "clientel it attracts"??? just curious....

Their post just lost all credibility with those kind of remarks. :rolleyes:

Yes, the ship is older & does need some repairs but those will be completed soon & have been scheduled for a long time.

The ship did not smell on any of my preious trips.

The food & service was fine. To all of you sailing soon...go, relax & enjoy yourself. You are on vacation, on a ship heading someplace fun . :D

Well, and that's why you guys are so great to chat with. I have had some great tips on here. I just felt I owed it to all the greats on here to be honest - just in case someone might be wanting to cruise her before the big facelift and tummy tuck! DON"T DO IT - wait till Oct of 2008!! I didn't pick it though - I just joined the wedding party and this was their first cruise. If you have never cruised, why pick it for a wedding?? hmmmm:eek:

They picked it because they were trying to make it a reasonable price for some of the family members to be able to attend. How did the wedding party like the cruise? It's their first, they were probably in the right frame of mind.. . . As long as we don't SINK, it's OK!! Most of the things mentioned are minor. You get rowdy kids anyday in a WalMart, running you over with a bike. You get bad food in a restaurant anyday. Elevators break down any given day at work. You made it back safely, that's what's important. Yes, you have a right to put your point out there but to totally attack the ship and say "don't do it" is a bit extreme. Last but not least, you weren't in a "vacation" frame of mind when you took this cruise, so naturally EVERYTHING just kept jumping out at you that didn't look right. You've got a lot of CARNIVAL FANS on here that will chew you up and spit you out. The only thing that can be said is don't cruise during the summer, easter/spring break, Thanksgiving or Christmas and don't sail the older ships.

i was on the Fantasy in April and i agree it was the worst cruise we had been on and have been on several. if it would have been the first cruise it would have been fine because we would not have any thing to compare it by. We prefer RCL (just my opinion no need to start attacking) the workers just seem to be more friendly on RCL. we are going on the Legend in October being a bigger ship i hope it is better.

and as for the food on the Fantasy it was bad. very few thing to choose from. but hopefully after dry dock it will get better.

and all the rude people you just have to deal with that. it is very sad that not all people can be friendly.

but like i said if it would have been the first cruise it would not have been bad.

You've got a lot of CARNIVAL FANS on here that will chew you up and spit you out.

I think it is also fair to say the people that chew you up and spit you out loose all credibility too IMO;) If the op didn't like it they have just as much right to their opinion too.

Some people love kids but don't want to put up with them running wild on a cruise;) Nor should they have too.........

agreed lol , i a telling you my daughter is 20, i notice that sometimes we go to a restaurant and seeing kids all over the place is something i am not used to, my dd never did that, she was a normal kid but it was never allowed to run like a maniac, so i do understand where others come from, but this person thinks that the clientel is cheap by any means, and it can be read all over her post , thats a different story and has nothing to do with the ship, this person will feel the same even in the best ship , is just that she thinks she is upscale and the rest of the guest are just low class.

HA!! Well, I'd never injure the brats but, let me tell you, I have a voice that my family called "a real hog-caller"-HA. It's deep, loud and has lots of resonance. I have spent most of my life learning to modulate my voice for human consumption. I did a lot of public speaking and presentations so it was necessary to learn that skill in order to not blow everyone out of the audience. But, when I cut it loose, it can be terrifying.

More than once I've waited patiently until the little monsters get almost to my door, step out in the hallway and with my deepest, most resonant tones, tell them to knock it the he** off. Usually scares the bejesus out of them and sends them scurrying off elsewhere.

That voice has come in handy many times on a ship with the untrained.. Combined with a searing eye-contact stare, it never fails to accomplish the deed....

but this person thinks that the clientel is cheap by any means, and it can be read all over her post , thats a different story and has nothing to do with the ship, this person will feel the same even in the best ship , is just that she thinks she is upscale and the rest of the guest are just low class.

Not true. She thought they were rude. Big difference;)

More than once I've waited patiently until the little monsters get almost to my door' date=' step out in the hallway and with my deepest, most resonant tones, tell them to knock it the he** off. Usually scares the bejesus out of them and sends them scurrying off elsewhere.

That voice has come in handy many times on a ship with the untrained.. Combined with a searing eye-contact stare, it never fails to accomplish the deed....[/quote']

That is too funny! My father has what my sister and I refer to as "The Voice of God"...Deep, powerful, and one you best not ignore! He was always really good at getting the unruly folks to settle down, whether they be children running amok or adults acting like idiots.

You might be right, maybe it isn't my cup of tea. We love Alaska and the food was always awesome. The Lido offered variety -which this ship did not. Perhaps it was just the location of the cruise and the clientel it attracts. We went only due to the wedding. I had never wanted to do the W Carribean - only the eastern. So, I guess I will stick to the places that interest me. I was just really disappointed in the smelly ship, and broken elevators - and no one seemed to care when we pointed out that the elevator had been stuck on our floor for over an hour. I'm really not a prima donna or anything - I was just not impressed AT ALL - if you didn't know that already!

We cruised on Fantasy in April and had a great time, mostly because we went with another couple who were great fun. The ship itself, as you have said, was not in the greatest of condition. We have been on the Holiday twice, and it has been in better condition both times than the Fantasy was, but "new and shiny" doesn't mean much to us. However, we agree that unruly kids making noise at all hours, like drunken adults who do likewise, are a real downer, so we never cruise during times when schools are out. Not only do you get a less enjoyable experience, but you pay more too. Fares in early August are almost double those at the end of the same month. Maybe it's just my professional tendency [accountant], but I just seem to enjoy myself more when I don't have such large stakes on the table. Large steaks, yes, large stakes, no.;)

Most people looking for a quieter atmosphere book longer cruises. The average passenger seems to be older, but more importantly, they do not seem to be in such a hurry to "have fun". Eastern Caribbean cruises usually are 7 days or more.

mzloolue , also trash like me??? i am telling you the things i read in this forum are just amazing ,talk about manners and education !!!!

she says she is not prima donna well i just think the opposite she thinks she is, by no means she is , this person thinks the "clientel" is low class, thats all, perhaps she can book a celebrity cruise with people like her ?????

so she really thinks she is royalty????? also the name nanny???she hates kids for God's sake I will not want her as my kids nanny. My DD is almost 21 , hubby and I are going to this cruise with our fiends and their kids ages 8 and 12. Kids are kids please!!!!

Peace out

Maybe she's "Nanny 911":D:D

Some people love kids but don't want to put up with them running wild on a cruise;) Nor should they have too.........

Righto! [bet you haven't seen that word in a while]

I love dogs, but not those that use my leg for a fire hydrant.:p Enough bad behavior can overcome the sincerest love.

nanny4sure, I have to admit that I share your view of the Fantasy. My one Fantasy cruise was the absolute worst of the 6 Carnival cruises I've been on. The worst thing about that cruise was that it was the one that my best friend was able to go on with me. It was her first cruise and will no doubt be her last, because it made such a bad impression on her. I would love to have her cruise with me again in the future, but she is convinced that all cruises are like that one, and she won't even consider another cruise. So the Fantasy has ruined cruising for her. :(

TRUST ME when I say that you will have a completely different experience if you choose to cruise on the Conquest out of Galveston! A fair comparison, in my own personal opinion, would be that the Fantasy is like Motel 6, and the Conquest is like the Hilton. Some might not agree with me on this, but that is my opinion....and I have been on the Conquest 3 times so far, with 2 more Conquest cruises already booked. :) Although many of the same cruisers will choose both the Fantasy and the Conquest, the Fantasy generally attracts more of the "party crowd" and the young families, due to the lower cost. Therefore, in general, you will find a different group of people on the Conquest. I'm not saying different CLASS of people, but it's just not the party scene or day care scene as on the Fantasy.....although of course you will have SOME big partiers and kids on the Conquest.

My advice to you is to choose a date when the kids are in school and give the Conquest a try. Be careful to avoid the spring break dates in March and April and holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. We have found that October is a great month to cruise! So don't let the Fantasy leave a bad taste in your mouth for Carnival. Give the Conquest a try. I think you'll like it! ;)

Archived