Fantasy NEEDS work in more ways than ...

nanny4sure

Well goodness, since you asked so nicely and all...:rolleyes: $203 per person in a 4A. Of course, you're going to have to find it on line and/or call Carnival anyway, so did that really help any? ;)

Wow, that is a great price.

It made me feel a bit left out.:(

But happy for you anyway.

See, apparently somebody else appreciated knowing instead of just the vague comment about great pricing or it being dirt cheap.

Actually, I read her response to mean that she wasn't eligible for the military rate that I mentioned in the first post. So I don't think it helped her either. She just gave me an honest 'good for you!' comment. :rolleyes: Hope knowing the military rate helped you some anyway.

I am sorry you had a terrible cruise! I made the same mistake my first Carnival cruise... sailing in the summer on a ship that needed to be refurbished...

It happens.. and I know that is not especially helpful since you spent your money and expected better.. but there is better... Chat with CC' posters and you will find some ships consistently get poor reviews while others are always glowing... I have not been on the Fantasy so I can not compare.. but there are other ships and other cruiselines.. Heres to hoping your next cruise is a memorable one!!

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to see a few beating you up for your opinion. These are exactly the type of clientele you are speaking of, I am sure! I think you might enjoy a Celebrity Cruise next time. It is a quieter more refined atmosphere albeit a little too stuffy at times. That was my first cruise and I enjoyed it very much. I am now a Carnival Cruiser however, and really enjoy the atmosphere. I like the fun that comes with these cruises and that is why I cruise. I do agree about unruly children however and can't stand an unsupervised brat!! Can't really blame the kids however, as this is just how they are allowed to behave by their parents. I don't know about the food situation as I find each spot has its pluses and minuses. I really didn't care for the dining room food but was perfectly happy with the buffet fare on our last cruise. Again however, Celebrity is hard to beat in quality dining. At least we have choices. I hope you will continue to cruise and think of it this way, it can only go up from here!! Enjoy!!

Mary

I see very clearly were are you coming from and the comment in the other thead is uncalled and is been reported already.

have a nice day

Terry

We just returned from the August 9th cruise on the Fantasy and I must say I was more than disappointed with the entire process. We just drove on to Mobile - that was not the worst. We were with a wedding and that seemed to be just fine. The reception food was the best thing happening and we don't drink, so we never ordered 3 and 4 of the same drinks at the same time! The ship needs a LOT of refurbishing! THe elevators worked some of the time - but not once did they all work. Not that I don't need the exercise, but there were others who needed the help of an elevator for lots of reasons. The food was repetitive every morning and every lunch - an not very good even though they fixed the same box of pancakes every other morning. There was not much happening during the day of the "fun days at sea". I saw and heard kids running up and down the halls with no adult supervision - and I mean kids under 10. Of course the big kids were doing their own noise making - but I expected that. We have cruised several times, but I dont think I will do another Carnival if this is the norm. I do like exursions, but not for the main reason of just leaving the ship. There is not much to do in Progresso - they could have stayed overnight in Cozumel and made it much more enjoyable. Between rude and inconsiderate guests, terrible food, broken equipment - I don't know - is it worth it?? It wasn't a bargain cruise, yet somehow I felt like I was in a bargain atmosphere. I would definately not recommend this ship or itenirary. You would just have to be bored and want to waste money in my opinion - and I know we all have them. Not a "fun" trip at all. :(

will not question whether the ship needs help, I have clients that cruised her last week and would agree with but as for a bargain cruise: this is very high season and the rates for a 5 day cruise are about as cheap as you can get this time of year.

Nita

I have not read any of these posts just the title....Just getting off this ship this week its fine. It does not need much work at all. The only thing I noticed the whole cruise is that our stateroom chairs had stains....other than that the ship was in great shape for its age!

I agree with Bruce.

After reading this thread I thought...well...uh-oh...

But the ship actually looked fine.

There were things that needed touching up here and there.

Carpet that I understand would soon be pulled out, but it was acceptable and clean.

I had a great time.

Loved the ship and the ports.

The waiter was good.

The steward, Conrad, was wonderful.

A perfect steward.

The only complaints I had were the Bitter and Blanc was dried out and ruined.

And my Chateaubriand was like stew meat.

Other than that it was wonderful and I'm ready to go again.

Hello Nanny4sure and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Don't let anyone tell you that cruising is not for you. Like me you prefer not to sail on the more decreipt ships that attract rude and inconsiderate people.

*DISCLAIMER*

Not everyone who sails on the Fantasy or Holiday fits the description above. :)

Your assessment of the Fantasy as an old smelly ship sounds right on...afterall her decor is fashioned out of a garbage dump. Smell and garbage are synonomous with one another.

I have never been on the Fantasy (thankfully) but I have researched enough and have the admited confessions of past passengers that substantiate my claims. I am not about to make the same mistake I did with the Holiday!

I see you have raised the ire of the lynch mob. It is common to be attacked for your opinion. If your opinion differs from theirs suddenly you have no credibility or you are a troll ...dither...dither..

My advice to you would be to sail the more upscale ships and let this kind of clientele have their own little world away from us. I am really happy to see that others see what I see and have similar opinions.

Hope to see you on the seas soon. Nanny4sure you breath fresh air to this forum. I want to party with you! :D Thankyou for your polite and accurate comments.

See,, You all miss the best game of all...

When you have these little brats running up and down the hall.. You leave your door open just a tad,, and as the kid gets closer at full steam you stick your leg out and trip the little blur..

Then quickly shut the door and peek out the door hole to see the aftermath.. :D

LOL :D

Hello Nanny4sure and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Don't let anyone tell you that cruising is not for you. Like me you prefer not to sail on the more decreipt ships that attract rude and inconsiderate people.

*DISCLAIMER*

Not everyone who sails on the Fantasy or Holiday fits the description above. :)

Your assessment of the Fantasy as an old smelly ship sounds right on...afterall her decor is fashioned out of a garbage dump. Smell and garbage are synonomous with one another.

I have never been on the Fantasy (thankfully) but I have researched enough and have the admited confessions of past passengers that substantiate my claims. I am not about to make the same mistake I did with the Holiday!

I see you have raised the ire of the lynch mob. It is common to be attacked for your opinion. If your opinion differs from theirs suddenly you have no credibility or you are a troll ...dither...dither..

My advice to you would be to sail the more upscale ships and let this kind of clientele have their own little world away from us. I am really happy to see that others see what I see and have similar opinions.

Hope to see you on the seas soon. Nanny4sure you breath fresh air to this forum. I want to party with you! :D Thankyou for your polite and accurate comments.

WOW... How can you speka on a ship you've never been on? Holiday isn't even in the same class as the fantasy. Please do not assume things like that. And anyway the ship goes into drydock in like 1-2 weeks in which all its probelms will be fixed.

WOW... How can you speka on a ship you've never been on? Holiday isn't even in the same class as the fantasy. Please do not assume things like that. And anyway the ship goes into drydock in like 1-2 weeks in which all its probelms will be fixed.

We LOVE the Fantasy and can't wait to see her after drydock. Anyone that assumes the Fantasy is a bad ship full of classless people is missing out.

We LOVE the Fantasy and can't wait to see her after drydock. Anyone that assumes the Fantasy is a bad ship full of classless people is missing out.

Susan,

You be safe if I dont get to chat at you before we leave tomorrow on KY's favorite ship, the Holiday. In the suitcase, I have packed overalls with holes to make scratching easier in certain locations as I go through the buffet line.:eek: I want to make sure I fit in with the rest of the clientele on the ship.:p

Dave

Susan,

You be safe if I dont get to chat at you before we leave tomorrow on KY's favorite ship, the Holiday. In the suitcase, I have packed overalls with holes to make scratching easier in certain locations as I go through the buffet line.:eek: I want to make sure I fit in with the rest of the clientele on the ship.:p

Dave

Have fun, Dave, and take care. I'm hoping the storm keeps on moving west, we really don't need to go through this all over again! I'll be thinking about you guys this week - I told my son about your brilliant evacuation strategy, and he asked if we could go too. Now he's REALLY bummed. I swear, if we're sitting her with no power next week I will NEVER hear the end of it...

Susan

Susan,

Dave

:D :D :D :D

Jetskier, you're alright!!

I can not believe that the OP can make the comment that she can not deal with rude people, even considering where she lives, What is wrong with Louisiana? I feel that this is a good example of being rude, sometimes people that have the same attitude do not like competition from others like them. If they are unhappy with the attitude, which is very friendly compared to a lot of other places, Interstate 10, 49 or 55 is open 24 hours a day for the ones wanting to leave......Just my 2 cents.

People with perfect lives can not be made happy no matter what someone else does for them.

What is wrong with Louisiana?

Nothing's wrong with Louisiana..nor Alabama where the Holiday docks.

The passengers come from near & far and are not neccessarily from Louisiana. Some may come from places that are notorious for rudeness. Some even come from foreign countries.

In my opinion I don't think the OP was ininuating rude people are from Louisiana..just the passenegers from wherever they may hail from.

Archived