Fantasy NEEDS work in more ways than ...

nanny4sure

You might be right, maybe it isn't my cup of tea. We love Alaska and the food was always awesome. The Lido offered variety -which this ship did not. Perhaps it was just the location of the cruise and the clientel it attracts. We went only due to the wedding. I had never wanted to do the W Carribean - only the eastern. So, I guess I will stick to the places that interest me. I was just really disappointed in the smelly ship, and broken elevators - and no one seemed to care when we pointed out that the elevator had been stuck on our floor for over an hour. I'm really not a prima donna or anything - I was just not impressed AT ALL - if you didn't know that already!

Kurbafan this is what i am mentioning

Peace out :)

and as for the food on the Fantasy it was bad. very few thing to choose from. but hopefully after dry dock it will get better.

One of our party came back from the lido deck complaining about the lack of variety, so we went back up with her. She had been going to the outdoor line near the pool, and was not aware that if you continued on through the doors and past the first group of oceanview tables you would come to the main buffet area with two lines and several other specialized food stations.

For those who have never been on a Fantasy class ship before, it is a little different. Do the later classes of Carnival ships have the outdoor/indoor setup too? We have only been on Holiday and Fantasy, so we are strictly "oldies".

nanny4sure, I have to admit that I share your view of the Fantasy. My one Fantasy cruise was the absolute worst of the 6 Carnival cruises I've been on. The worst thing about that cruise was that it was the one that my best friend was able to go on with me. It was her first cruise and will no doubt be her last, because it made such a bad impression on her. I would love to have her cruise with me again in the future, but she is convinced that all cruises are like that one, and she won't even consider another cruise. So the Fantasy has ruined cruising for her. :(

TRUST ME when I say that you will have a completely different experience if you choose to cruise on the Conquest out of Galveston! A fair comparison, in my own personal opinion, would be that the Fantasy is like Motel 6, and the Conquest is like the Hilton. Some might not agree with me on this, but that is my opinion....and I have been on the Conquest 3 times so far, with 2 more Conquest cruises already booked. :) Although many of the same cruisers will choose both the Fantasy and the Conquest, the Fantasy generally attracts more of the "party crowd" and the young families, due to the lower cost. Therefore, in general, you will find a different group of people on the Conquest. I'm not saying different CLASS of people, but it's just not the party scene or day care scene as on the Fantasy.....although of course you will have SOME big partiers and kids on the Conquest.

My advice to you is to choose a date when the kids are in school and give the Conquest a try. Be careful to avoid the spring break dates in March and April and holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. We have found that October is a great month to cruise! So don't let the Fantasy leave a bad taste in your mouth for Carnival. Give the Conquest a try. I think you'll like it! ;)

Based on what I've read in the news, it seems most of the drunks hate the Conquest so much that they jump off, and that makes it not only quieter, but less crowded.:D:D Seriously, folks, I'm not serious. If Galveston were not so far, we would go there in a heartbeat, but it would involve flying, and we have sworn off that.

Kurbafan what is your definition of the "type of clientel"??????

According to the op........"Rude"

Kurbafan this is what i am mentioning

Peace out :)

If you go back and read all the op's posts she consistently talks about rude an inconsiderate people. The post that you quoted she mentioned... perhaps it was just the location of the cruise and the clientele it attracts.......meaning perhaps this location has a lot of rude people.........

If she meant something else I didn't see it did you:confused:

Well, and that's why you guys are so great to chat with. I have had some great tips on here. I just felt I owed it to all the greats on here to be honest - just in case someone might be wanting to cruise her before the big facelift and tummy tuck! DON"T DO IT - wait till Oct of 2008!! I didn't pick it though - I just joined the wedding party and this was their first cruise. If you have never cruised, why pick it for a wedding?? hmmmm:eek:

I'm sorry you didn't have an enjoyabe cruise. I can sympathize with the wedding part as well. While they seem to be popular I just can't imagine expecting guests who wish to attend the wedding to have to cruise. (Yes, I realize they can say no but sometimes it's not as cut and dry). You did not get to choose your ship, your sail dates or your itenerary which makes it harder to accept it when things don't go as well as anticipated. I for one will always try to avoid cruising during the time the school is out. As much as I love children I prefer the quietness of the ship without them :)

According to the op........"Rude"

If you go back and read all the op's posts she consistently talks about rude an inconsiderate people. The post that you quoted she mentioned... perhaps it was just the location of the cruise and the clientele it attracts.......meaning perhaps this location has a lot of rude people.........

If she meant something else I didn't see it did you:confused:

Kurbafan to me she sounded derrogatory.

I dont know where in the states the rude people live, I think you are very nice towards this person and that is fine, I just wont setlle for this , is just me. to me is just derrogatory.

There are rude and inconsiderate people on every cruise. Its just odds on if you happen to cross paths with them or not. With that many cruisers, you can bet some of them are rude. Iv sat there waiting after muster drill for 3 elevators and had someone in a scooter roll up and say, make way, scooter coming thru and go right into the elevator. I admit my sister cant move very fast enough for us to get to elevators when the doors open well when there is a crowd, but I think people should let folks they can see have been waiting longer get on the elevators that open up next instead of it being a free for all when there is a crowd. Iv waited 20 to 30 minutes multiple times for a elevator.

Actually I was not judging any certain types of people - if you are rude, then you know it. If you never help the guy in the wheelchair who forgot his fries with his hamburger, then you are inconsiderate. When I said "clientelle" - however you spell it - I was referring to the partying people who need large quantities of alcohol so they can pass out and act obnoxious so us sober people have to deal with them. I expected the college kids to drink and act goofy. I didn't expect grown-ups to spit cigar butts out on the pool deck and drink so much they couldn't walk and ended up puking their guts up on the pool deck or in the elevator - the one that worked that day. I guess in Alaska no one goes to the pool, so I have missed all the "fun". I didn't know so much smoking was allowed in so many parts of the ship. I have only seen it in the outdoor sections - and then very little. If you are rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious - then I'm talking about you and you make cruising not fun. I'll be sure to get a guest list and be sure you are not on it - LOL. From what I have read, this cruise being close to NO(and it's my home town, so I'm not categorizing anyone from NO), close to college letting in attracts partying people - and that is great if it does. I should be able to have my kind of fun too and your fun shouldn't have to be at my expense. If you bring your kids, then you should know where they are at midnight - especially when they are under 10. I am not there to discipline your brats. And if you drink, acting mature would be nice - I don't think anyone enjoys getting plastered and being reminded of it over and over again. I don't drink but occasionally, but I don't think sea sickness and being hung over goes together very well. Thanks to you for the advice - I will not cruise again in the summer (which I didn't want to do anyway, but that's when the wedding was) and I won't cruise on school breaks! But I will cruise again - probably not on Carnival, but I will cruise again and have a great time - just not in the Caribbean.:eek:

The food was repetitive every morning and every lunch - an not very good even though they fixed the same box of pancakes every other morning.

I was just on the Fantasy in January and the Lunch's never repeated. They had a different menu in the dining rooms & Buffet every single day.

Breakfast was the same in the Dining rooms everyday but not on the Buffet.

Op you said you where there due to a wedding??? I hope the one whom got married read your complaints. Seeing how they are the ones that choose the cruise. Be happy for them instead of complaining about everything that you where disappointed in. And if you have cruised before then you should know there are other places you could of ate at.

Op you said you where there due to a wedding??? I hope the one whom got married read your complaints. Seeing how they are the ones that choose the cruise. Be happy for them instead of complaining about everything that you where disappointed in. And if you have cruised before then you should know there are other places you could of ate at.

I been saying this all day, no one listens lol

This woman is a complainer, she talked about her friends, she talks about Carnival, she even said that the friends that got married shall not have pick this cruise, if no one can see what an spoiled dork this person is is up to them , also she thinks she is superior than others.

She does not even come back to face the replys here lol what a trollllllll

Actually I was not judging any certain types of people - if you are rude, then you know it. If you never help the guy in the wheelchair who forgot his fries with his hamburger, then you are inconsiderate. When I said "clientelle" - however you spell it - I was referring to the partying people who need large quantities of alcohol so they can pass out and act obnoxious so us sober people have to deal with them. I expected the college kids to drink and act goofy. I didn't expect grown-ups to spit cigar butts out on the pool deck and drink so much they couldn't walk and ended up puking their guts up on the pool deck or in the elevator - the one that worked that day. I guess in Alaska no one goes to the pool, so I have missed all the "fun". I didn't know so much smoking was allowed in so many parts of the ship. I have only seen it in the outdoor sections - and then very little. If you are rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious - then I'm talking about you and you make cruising not fun. I'll be sure to get a guest list and be sure you are not on it - LOL. From what I have read, this cruise being close to NO(and it's my home town, so I'm not categorizing anyone from NO), close to college letting in attracts partying people - and that is great if it does. I should be able to have my kind of fun too and your fun shouldn't have to be at my expense. If you bring your kids, then you should know where they are at midnight - especially when they are under 10. I am not there to discipline your brats. And if you drink, acting mature would be nice - I don't think anyone enjoys getting plastered and being reminded of it over and over again. I don't drink but occasionally, but I don't think sea sickness and being hung over goes together very well. Thanks to you for the advice - I will not cruise again in the summer (which I didn't want to do anyway, but that's when the wedding was) and I won't cruise on school breaks! But I will cruise again - probably not on Carnival, but I will cruise again and have a great time - just not in the Caribbean.:eek:

I feel like I'm approaching a wounded bear here, but some of the more experienced people on these boards say that it is more about the duration and timing of the cruise than what line it is on or what port it sails from. Some of the pointers I have read:

1. The shorter the cruise the wilder the crowd.

2. 3-day weekend cruises and 4 or 5-day cruises that include Saturday and Sunday are more likely to be booze-cruises. The 5-days that are Monday through Friday are much more serene, as are 7-days and up.

What you had to endure may have been exactly what the bride and groom or other planning authority wanted, a wild and crazy experience. Whatever you do in the future, it would probably be best you not do it with the same group or individuals.

I'm not smart, just old and experienced:D

This woman is a complainer, she talked about her friends, she talks about Carnival, she even said that the friends that got married shall not have pick this cruise, if no one can see what an spoiled dork this person is is up to them , also she thinks she is superior than others.

She does not even come back to face the replys here lol what a trollllllll

Nice:rolleyes:

She came back and posted. Post #60;)

Nany you have some mental issues that we cannot fix in this board, you dare to call children "brats" well i feel bad for any kid that is around someone that speaks like you about them, you did not have fun on the cruise because you are just a person with issues, you critisized everything and expect the world to please you, hey lady get a reality check once for all. I am done with this thread, is a waste of my time to read the nonsense that you post.

Next time go in a vacation to a deserted island with no children .

Nice:rolleyes:

She came back and posted. Post #60;)

I'm not calling you names - so why call me names? I wasn't trying to offend anyone and if you were, I apologize. I simply was talking about the ship and what it offered or didn't offer. Were you on that cruise? Do you frequently cruise on the Fantasy? I read what others have to say about certain lines and their ships and the excusrsions - I thought that is what we do here. I didn't call anybody names - I actually referred to the "brats" after someone else called them that. I love children - but I don't care to hear them at midnight screaming up and down the halls. When I went out once to see if something was wrong, they got embarrassed and ran into the exit where the stairs were - never saw any parents. And apparently, I am not the only one disappointed with the Fantasy - if you read what others had to say. So I guess it's better if you do go elsewhere and write your names, etc. of other cruisers.:p

Nany you have some mental issues that we cannot fix in this board, you dare to call children "brats" well i feel bad for any kid that is around someone that speaks like you about them, you did not have fun on the cruise because you are just a person with issues, you critisized everything and expect the world to please you, hey lady get a reality check once for all. I am done with this thread, is a waste of my time to read the nonsense that you post.

Next time go in a vacation to a deserted island with no children .

I was not trying to get fixed- how crzy of a comment - I am doing very well actually. I read what others say about cruises and excursions so I decided to make my evaluation known. It was a lousy cruise - I have been on 3 great others. There will be lousy cruises, good cruises, and some great ones. I don't expect everything in life to be great. But this was on the very low scale - and if you weren't on it, you can't really say if what I am saying is true or not. I really don't understand why you feel you have to personally attack me - I didn't attack you. It was a crummy ship with crummy food and rude, obnoxious drunks. Not everyone was that way and I never said they were. I wasn't friends with the bride and groom, just one of the parents. As a matter of fact, only the younger group enjoyed it because they stayed loaded the whole time. If that is what it takes to enjoy a cruise, then I won't enjoy them. But I know a lot of people who have a great time without the alcohol. Sorry you are taking this so personal - it was never meant to be.

I feel like I'm approaching a wounded bear here, but some of the more experienced people on these boards say that it is more about the duration and timing of the cruise than what line it is on or what port it sails from. Some of the pointers I have read:

1. The shorter the cruise the wilder the crowd.

2. 3-day weekend cruises and 4 or 5-day cruises that include Saturday and Sunday are more likely to be booze-cruises. The 5-days that are Monday through Friday are much more serene, as are 7-days and up.

What you had to endure may have been exactly what the bride and groom or other planning authority wanted, a wild and crazy experience. Whatever you do in the future, it would probably be best you not do it with the same group or individuals.

I'm not smart, just old and experienced:D

You are probably quite correct - I am friends with one of the parents. They are all a younger group who enjoy drinking, etc. It was not my pick for a lot of reasons, but I was the photographer for them and I offered my services to help out with the high price of pics on a cruise. I think they probably bought the ship's anyway, cause you can't go back and get them. I have never seen such personal attacks like this and I have read lots of comments on here. You'd think I had personally attacked some of these people - really weird! Thanks for the advice - my next cruise won't be in the summer in the Carribbean out of NO - that is a positive!!

what do you mean by the "clientel it attracts"??? just curious....

I don't spend the day on here, but since there are a couple of people who think it's OK to verbally attack me, I guess I need to go back on each question with an answer. I may not have it spelled right, but the "clientelle" it attracts was referring to partying people who think the only way to have a good time is to get wasted and puke everywhere. I saw way more than I needed to see or wanted to see. So perhaps the meaning "fun ships" has a different connotation to me and you. Were you on that cruise? It was very mild in motion - so sea sickness wasn't the cause of the puke everywhere. :p

I'm getting a little nervous reading this bc i leave on the fantasy in a week! But the holiday is supposed to be the "Worst" ship right? I had no complaints about it at all. I guess i'm just easy to please as long as i have a drink and the sun i don't care. As for kids the ought to be in school by now right? They really don't bother me as long as I am not responsible for them they can be as loud as they want. It's not my problem thats why my kids don't cruise yet!!!

Don't listen to me - just go and enjoy yourself. You are probably a lot younger and if sun and a drink is what you like - trust me, you will have a BLAST! I found out on the last morning that the dining rooms were open for all 3 meals - if you like variety, you might want to check them out. Pancakes versus french toast is not my idea of variety. LOL:D

Nany you have some mental issues that we cannot fix in this board, you dare to call children "brats" well i feel bad for any kid that is around someone that speaks like you about them, you did not have fun on the cruise because you are just a person with issues.

Wow talk about someone with issues?? This is just uncalled for and out of line to post like this.

I was only doing one of the parents a favor my being the photographer for the couple. I didn't book until months after they set it up. I don't understand why it's not OK to voice an opinion on here. Isn't that what we do here? Share our trips and experiences? I would hate to go on a cruise because everyone raved about it only to find out they all lied!

I was only doing one of the parents a favor my being the photographer for the couple. I didn't book until months after they set it up. I don't understand why it's not OK to voice an opinion on here. Isn't that what we do here? Share our trips and experiences? I would hate to go on a cruise because everyone raved about it only to find out they all lied!

Negative comments are always going to be attacked. You are welcome to your opinion here as long as you glow over your cruise. Dont sweat it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and some have strong opinions about your opinion is all lol

Archived