Fantasy NEEDS work in more ways than ...

nanny4sure

Common sense will tell you that! She doesn't want to cruise with any.

She experienced a cruise with kids gone wild. She does not want to repeat it. So now she knows not to cruise when school is out.

What part of that says she does not like kids:confused:

I love kids, but I also don't want to be around kids gone wild;)

She experienced a cruise with kids gone wild. She does not want to repeat it. So now she knows not to cruise when school is out.

What part of that says she does not like kids:confused:

I love kids, but I also don't want to be around kids gone wild;)

ok ok sorry she just doesn't want to cruise with any. I don't want any nice looking women on the cruise either;) LOL

Thanks Ceepal , you r right, i will have a good time , I just dont like to read such statements against kids, lol.

THanks

Terry

Its not that I agree with everything you said but I do notice its the same people that attacked you for posting your opinion on this post that attack people on other posts. They just like to troll the boards for something that they can turn around just for arguments sake. Everyone is entitled to a opinion, but you can post opinions without attacking other peoples. Just post your opinion everyone without dragging a previous persons into it if your just gonna be its my way or no way attitude!

Its not that I agree with everything you said but I do notice its the same people that attacked you for posting your opinion on this post that attack people on other posts. They just like to troll the boards for something that they can turn around just for arguments sake. Everyone is entitled to a opinion, but you can post opinions without attacking other peoples. Just post your opinion everyone without dragging a previous persons into it if your just gonna be its my way or no way attitude!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The problem is that some people want to give their opinion and then get confrontational with others who don't share it with them. And then there are others just can't read and comprehend at the same time and twist someones post into an unrecognizable diatribe that the poster did not intend. Then they get bent out of shape when everyone calls them on it. They seem to enjoy living life with their victim/martyr complex.

hey futa

y'all getting any decent pricing due to the two ships being there?

Don't want to speak for futaba951, but DH and I just booked last week on the Holiday for 25 Aug, and the military rate is AWESOME for that one. Just got a price drop of $60 OBC today! :D It's dirt cheap - couldn't stay at a Holiday Inn for the current price! If you're within driving distance, I highly recommend it as a quick fix...

hey futa

y'all getting any decent pricing due to the two ships being there?

To be honest, I haven't even looked. I am so busy this summer I can't even squeeze in a weekend off. Our business is in servicing gov't owned foreclosure properties so that should give you an idea of how business is these days. It gets crazier every month. :D

Well, and that's why you guys are so great to chat with. I have had some great tips on here. I just felt I owed it to all the greats on here to be honest - just in case someone might be wanting to cruise her before the big facelift and tummy tuck! DON"T DO IT - wait till Oct of 2008!! I didn't pick it though - I just joined the wedding party and this was their first cruise. If you have never cruised, why pick it for a wedding?? hmmmm:eek:

I was on this same cruise. Main deck. I never heard running in the hall and I never saw an elevator out of order and due to a knee injury, I never take the stairs. (maybe you saw me with the brace on my right leg)

After reading your first post and having been on that same ship, just seems to me you went on with a bad attitude about something as you have now mentioned several times that you only took the cruise because of the wedding. Do you somehow feel the fantasy is beneath you?

Makes me no difference if you never step foot on another cruise, but I just wonder where you were locvated on the ship to experience all these problems.

There is not one thing in your "warning"that has any value. Every ship I have ever been on, about 20 and 3 lines, breakfast is usually the same everyday with a few tweaks. Lunch, a close second.

Progresso is what you make of it, but no it is not as touristy as Cozumel, which is why I like it so much.

Security can and should have beeen notified of the children running.

How do you suppose carnival or the fantasy in particular as that is where you encountered the problems can fix rude people? Or unsupervised children.

You cruised on a ship during the summer. All ships I have ever been on has tons of children during that time. Maybe if you cruise in the summer again you can try one of the higher priced lines, maybe the children will be fewer and better behaved.

And with the exception of one woman at the pizza place, I did not encounter rude people the whole trip and since I was in an inside room, I was out and about most of the trip.

I do agree there is not much "fun" provided by carnival during the day on sea days, but that is nothing new sadly. I still found things to occupy me till bedtime everyday.

And while the face lift is something to look forward to, how will a face lift help the problems you encountered with the possible exception of apparently the bank of elevators near your room?

They could blow the thing up and start all over and next Aug I can assure you there will still be tons of unruly children. Rude people will still be allowed to board and I highly doubt Progresso will improve much either, thank goodness.

The fantasy is an older ship. It does not have some of the stuff the bigger ships have, but I found nothing wrong I would not have expected. It was clean, the staff was great and the food was as good as I could expect. I certainly never went hungry. And I was not bored the whole trip.

Now that I think about it, except for the pool area, I only occassionally saw any children except a few times when they were doing the scavenger hunt and at the buffett. And trust me there are few things I hate more than unruly unsupervised children.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The problem is that some people want to give their opinion and then get confrontational with others who don't share it with them. And then there are others just can't read and comprehend at the same time and twist someones post into an unrecognizable diatribe that the poster did not intend. Then they get bent out of shape when everyone calls them on it. They seem to enjoy living life with their victim/martyr complex.

Bingo!!!

BINGO;)

Most people go on a 3 to 5 day cruises to get away from it all. That is what I do. You pay for what you get. The fantasy is a basic cruise for little money. This will be my 4th time on her no compliants because I know it is not an upscale ship. Its basic. My advice to cruisers is check out the cruise before you go if you expect upscale pay the price. There is a cruise for every budget. Enjoy, life is to short to get upset about the little things!!!!

The Fantasy is a bargain cruise. I think that may have been your problem.

Compare the prices to other cruises ships. if you were new to cruising that may be why you had a terrible time. you were expecting something you did not pay for. I am not being rude, I am giving you some advice . I have been on 14 cruises. Know your facts and give cruising another try.

Thanks Jersey I do aprreciate your comments , I do know that the 3 persons that attact me they do it all the time to other members thats part of the reason i will not stay shut , I really dont pay any attention to them, this lady basically came to trash this cruise and you can see a person that just was in the same cruise and did have a good time, also she does have issues with children, Kurbafan has became her lawyer and I frankly dont care , Kurbafan finds any excuse to whaever she post, is fine lol lol. everyone one is entitled to their opinions and I have one, I am not interested on having any arguments over this anymore, there are many good things to do around this board than this thread lol, I will keep posting my opinions and the trolls can get as mad as they want. She says she is a nanny, I will be so worry if she takes care of any child that I know, she defenetely thinks she is upscale and thats her problem I just read between the lines and I have no doubt of anything that I said yesterday, I feel the same way, for now I will try to get all the info i need about my upcoming cruise.

Thanks Jersey I do aprreciate your comments , I do know that the 3 persons that attact me they do it all the time to other members thats part of the reason i will not stay shut , I really dont pay any attention to them, this lady basically came to trash this cruise and you can see a person that just was in the same cruise and did have a good time, also she does have issues with children, Kurbafan has became her lawyer and I frankly dont care , Kurbafan finds any excuse to whaever she post, is fine lol lol. everyone one is entitled to their opinions and I have one, I am not interested on having any arguments over this anymore, there are many good things to do around this board than this thread lol, I will keep posting my opinions and the trolls can get as mad as they want. She says she is a nanny, I will be so worry if she takes care of any child that I know, she defenetely thinks she is upscale and thats her problem I just read between the lines and I have no doubt of anything that I said yesterday, I feel the same way, for now I will try to get all the info i need about my upcoming cruise.

Your welcome! I am getting sick of seeing the same 5 or so troublemakers on these boards. I am glad its not just me that see's this. I loving cruising, I love life, and I love people, just hate the know-it-all's that twist words around the way they want them to be seen. I appreciate their knowledge just not their my way or the highway attitudes. We all are allowed opinions....Last time I looked this was still North America;) Enjoy your up coming cruise Terry305

this lady basically came to trash this cruise and you can see a person that just was in the same cruise and did have a good time, also she does have issues with children

Who care that she came on and trashed a Carnival Ship not everyone likes Carnival and that is fine we are all allowed to like what we want. Also not everyone likes children I personally find that most parents don't make their children behave on a cruise ship so I choose to cruise when there aren't alot of children cruise ship. The OP just choose a the wrong time due to it was the end of summer. She doesn't deserve to be put over the coals cause she doesn't like children.

I just read between the lines

Why does someone have to read between the lines why can't they just take what she posted as what she meant and not what you think she meant. I will never get this you have no way of knowing what exactly she meant cause you aren't there when she posted it. All you can say is you assume what she meant was and we all know what you get when you assume.

According to the op........"Rude"

If you go back and read all the op's posts she consistently talks about rude an inconsiderate people. The post that you quoted she mentioned... perhaps it was just the location of the cruise and the clientele it attracts.......meaning perhaps this location has a lot of rude people.........

If she meant something else I didn't see it did you:confused:

I have to say that I read it the same way Terry 305 did. Just the tone of the OP's statement seemed to imply that she thought the ship/location (even CCL) 'clientele' were low-life's; which, of course is completely bogus..

When talking about cruises that are "dirt cheap", why not just go ahead and tell us what the category and pricing is, which would be helpful.

Well goodness, since you asked so nicely and all...:rolleyes: $203 per person in a 4A. Of course, you're going to have to find it on line and/or call Carnival anyway, so did that really help any? ;)

I just read between the lines and

When you read between the lines, you put YOUR words into the mouths of others, losing all credibility.

and I have no doubt of anything that I said yesterday,

I do. Look familiar?

I am done with this thread,

I was on the Holiday in March and the Fantasy in July. Yes, the Fantasy is in need of repair, but I was impressed at how much cleaning and painting (as usual) was going on all the time.

Kids.... well, I teach 2nd grade, so I just tune them out! "Teacher hearing" is a wonderful thing! :D

Service was good, not the absolute best we've had, but good.

Food: among the worst I've ever had on a ship. On the Holiday the food was great, didn't order anything that I didn't like. The menu was the same on the Fantasy, but obviously not the same recipes. Some things did not even look the same, sweet and sour shrimp and the greek salad to name 2. Even my dh (who will eat anything that doesn't crawl off the plate before he gets to it;) ) found a couple of things he couldn't eat.

All that being said, I would still book another cruise on her, I love NOLA, and heck, a cruise is a cruise! I didn't have to cook or clean a thing, there were people around to bring me a Margarita when my glass was empty, the sun was shining, all was good :D

Archived