Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

We currently have cabin E228 which looks like it's between two lifeboats. Cabins E414 abd E418 are available but I'm concerned that they are right by the elevators. This is a holiday cruise and I'm wondering about the noise that might be in that area.

Which cabin would you choose?

Thanks

We stayed in E414 and I am sorry that we have no pictures. There was never any noise from the elevators. We loved the location because of the mid-ship location. Either room should be fine.

On the Crown Princess we had an obstructed oceanview. We thought it was a great deal since it was much cheaper than regular oceanview. Compared to the photo above we really lucked out!

Crown Princess E705....

DSCN0044.jpg

Hi we are booked on a cruise in October in E705 I can see from your photo that you had some natural light could you tell me what the view,if any, was out of the window was it fully obstructed as described

Thanks in advance

Grant

• 3 weeks later...

We can now choose E505 instead of E509 (on Ruby) do you think that would give more of a view? Anyone stayed in E505 or have a photo? I know they are both obstructed but from the photo of E509 it looks like it would have more obstruction since that part is higher on the life boat.

Also wondering do you hear noise/loud music from the Explorer's Lounge on the deck below cabin E505?

The window from looking at photos of E505 vs. E507 seem different. Are they the same size....the one in E507 looked bigger.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been very lucky with obstructed view cabins.

E711 on the Star was good. Only negative was the crew was outside our window maintaining a valve periodically. E709 would have been even better.

E209 on the Caribbean Princess was great! Only a couple of cables, ropes and a pole.

E421 on the Caribbean Princess was good also.

last year we overlooked a small life boat...it was fine. this year we are in E623 on the emerald princess.....i think it will be a similar view....you dont have to look between boats, you can look straight out. either would be ok with me. as long as i know day from night....although, one morning i opened the curtain and there was a seaman in the small lifeboat ! acckkk ! good thing i had dressed already !

of course, money being no object i would opt for a balcony every time ! even the penthouse suite !! money always figures in our decisions.....at least i am cruising. can go more often this way and that is a very good thing

last year we overlooked a small life boat...it was fine. this year we are in E623 on the emerald princess.....i think it will be a similar view....you dont have to look between boats, you can look straight out. either would be ok with me. as long as i know day from night....although, one morning i opened the curtain and there was a seaman in the small lifeboat ! acckkk ! good thing i had dressed already !

Now that's funny! I almost spilled my coffee :) Thanks for letting me start the morning with a good laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, has anyone got any details or pics about cabin E229 on the diamond princess it is an obstructed view on Emerald deck. Have just been allocated this cabin, havent paid deposit yet, just not sure.

thanks

Kim

We had E 221 and this was the view from that cabin. It looks like it is in about the same location as E229.

Theo

65.jpg.850bc17e3b886b3ae65af63bd7414c3d.jpg