Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

When I booked our obstructed view stateroom on the Princess Star I was very curious about just how much (if any) view we would have. I was very pleased with the view from our room and I thought I would share a couple of pics.

P1000187.jpg

P1000188.jpg

Our room was Category HH (one of the least expensive outside categories) and described as being "partially or fully obstructed". We were on the Emerald deck and our cabin was E211 (E212 on the other side of the ship would probably have the same view.)

As far as the stateroom itself, I thought the layout was the second best we have had on any of our previous cruises - Disney has very large rooms with two bathrooms per standard stateroom. Our stateroom on the Star had plenty of closet/storage space right outside the bathroom which created a nice dressing area.

Thanks for posting. We have an obstructed view for our next cruise on the Crown, but we're midship and I don't think we'll have the partial view you have. I think the larger life boats are right in front so I think we'll likely only see light.

Next time I may look for an OV on either end because I think there's a better chance of getting at least some view.

When I booked our obstructed view stateroom on the Princess Star I was very curious about just how much (if any) view we would have. I was very pleased with the view from our room and I thought I would share a couple of pics.

P1000187.jpg

P1000188.jpg

Our room was Category HH (one of the least expensive outside categories) and described as being "partially or fully obstructed". We were on the Emerald deck and our cabin was E211 (E212 on the other side of the ship would probably have the same view.)

As far as the stateroom itself, I thought the layout was the second best we have had on any of our previous cruises - Disney has very large rooms with two bathrooms per standard stateroom. Our stateroom on the Star had plenty of closet/storage space right outside the bathroom which created a nice dressing area.

You were lucky. The one time I took an obstructed view the whole tender was blocking my window. My TA told me it would probably be like your cabin was

but it wasn't.

WCC

I've found the ship deck plans are actually pretty accurate to give you an idea if you are between a lifeboat or not. It the diagram shows a lifeboat in front of your window it's pretty sure your view will be blocked.

Are the life boats the larger and the tenders the smaller boats, or is the other way around? We have one of the larger boats in front of our cabin window, by the looks of the diagram. I'm guessing we won't have any view but just some natural light. We're in E518 on the Crown.

vmom, the larger boats are the tenders. And you are correct that you are more blocked by the middle of the tender than the rooms in the pictures on this thread. (They are both at the forward section of the boats, but you are one room from the aft of the boat). But if they happen to use 'your' tender on the cruise, then you will have a lovely unobstructed view. :)

Tenders are the larger ones...

We originally booked an HH guarantee on the Sapphire, but when they assigned us E612 and a better obstructed view came open (the unobstructed ones were sold out), we paid to upgrade...

E612 on the Sapphire is not where E612 is on the Emerald...On the Sapphire, that cabin comes out smack behind a tender--meaning your entire view, as it were, is the side of a tender...

All obstructed views are not created equal...

The ones in these photos are lucky enough to be "between" lifeboats...

Others are behind the smaller lifeboats so there's some bit of a view OVER...

But some are fully behind a tender...and, if you get one of those, you might as well save the money and book an inside cabin...

100_3012.jpg?imgmax=720

100_3073.jpg?imgmax=720

100_3139.jpg?imgmax=720

This "fully obstructed view" became a joke between my daughter & I. We'd definitely book this view again :)

San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts

Ahhh, Bermudiana...but that is one of the smaller lifeboats, the ones you can see "over"...further back on the ship, in the E500-600 range, there are three larger tenders on each side of the ship...from a similar position behind one of these six tenders, you have no view like this...

Beware of the individual cabin...The categories, BTW, go by distance from midship, not by how obstructed the view is...So, some Category Fs, for example, may actually be more obstructed than some HHs--making booking a guarantee in this area a real crapshoot...

Steve, having never cruised before I didn't know what to expect. When we booked we supposedly had a fully obstructed view & looking at the deck plans for the Crown, we thought our room would be completely blocked and I was hoping for just a little light :) Imagine my surprise! Had no idea they'd be hanging under the window. We were happy and felt we'd really lucked out!

So, if anyone is booking the Crown, they can see they'll have a view in that area of the ship!

I have booked E221 on the Emerald and my brother has E219. Does anyone have any pictures of either of these cabins? Is the Crown and Emerald layout the same? By the looks of the diagram on Princess they are similar. If they have a view that is close to E231 I will be very happy:)

You were fortunate to have a "tweener" ;) :D The full view of a tender is the worst. :(

We are on the Coral Princess and booked a guarantee - got a cabin in the exact category we booked, which came as no surprise! We are in cabin E323 - anyone have any experience or pictures from that one on either the Coral or Island Princess? Thanks so much!

Thank you for all the great photos. Being a new cruiser we've been apprehensive about what that really means. These help a lot, and using the ship plans to better identify the types of obstructions is very helpful. Thanks again!

we were on the Sapphire this summer and had a partially obstructed view. It turned out that the obstruction was a search light that was removed once we left a port, so our view once we sailed was great! We were in E417.

I've found the ship deck plans are actually pretty accurate to give you an idea if you are between a lifeboat or not. It the diagram shows a lifeboat in front of your window it's pretty sure your view will be blocked.

I completely agree. I just got off of a Grand Princess cruise. We knew we were booking an obstructed view cabin. But I looked at the deck plans and chose a midship cabin that appeared in the deck plans to be right in between 2 tenders. Sure enough, when we arrived, we were right in between two tenders. There was some rigging in between. And there was the platform that the crew uses to control the platform. So sometimes in the morning we would see a crew member standing outside trying to lower a tender. But other than that, the view was crystal clear with nothing blocking the window.