Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

I have been on Emerald deck in a partially obstructed view. I think it was the Golden in E425. It was OK. We could see outside over the life boat. The best thing was that it was mid ship and so is the Emerald deck. There were stairs and elevators right near the cabin and one flight down was Promenade deck, my balcony for that cruise. It was fine.

Do you have any photos of your cabin on the Golden, E425? Thanks.

Wow.....these pics were a great help! Thanks for getting them and posting.

I have E408 and E410 booked on the Ruby....(Emerald)

1) Are the deck plans the same on Sapphire and Ruby?

2) and if so, would the same "stuff" be outside the window?

The views as shown in the pics on Webshots don't look bad, but after looking at some of the others, I'd like to be sure.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

M.

The Sapphire and the Ruby are not the same deck plans.

The Ruby is the same as the Crown and Emerald. I have attached a photo of the area on the Crown where E408 and E410 are. Usually the deck plans are pretty "true to life" as far as whether the window will be obstructed by a life boat or not. Unfortunately, the deck plans don't show the White Boxes that you see in this photo. BUT, by the cabin category of your cabins, and the fact that the cabins on either side of you are Cat EE (oceanview, with not obstructions) I am fairly certain your cabins will be right behind the Big White Box:confused:

1840060335_CrownMid-shipcabins.JPG.a7e6a40a1dc0e8419f4d1da2fe6494c9.JPG

The Ruby is the same as the Crown and Emerald. I have attached a photo of the area on the Crown where E408 and E410 are. Usually the deck plans are pretty "true to life" as far as whether the window will be obstructed by a life boat or not. Unfortunately, the deck plans don't show the White Boxes that you see in this photo. BUT, by the cabin category of your cabins, and the fact that the cabins on either side of you are Cat EE (oceanview, with not obstructions) I am fairly certain your cabins will be right behind the Big White Box:confused:

How totally disappointing! I will have to change them for sure! I was wondering how we could have 2 FFs with no obstruction, and my TA was NO help. She said, "We know they are not obstructed cabins!' Well, I guess we don't!

Thanks so much for the clear pics! Much appreciated!!

M.

The Ruby is the same as the Crown and Emerald. I have attached a photo of the area on the Crown where E408 and E410 are. . . BUT, by the cabin category of your cabins, and the fact that the cabins on either side of you are Cat EE (oceanview, with not obstructions) I am fairly certain your cabins will be right behind the Big White Box:confused:

Wow, yesterday I booked E410 on the Grand, which I assume has a similar white box outside. So I just changed to E404, just to be safe (I hope!). Thanks so very much!!

Barb

In the post above Sapphire E245, the bed is under the window and the layout is the same as an inside cabin (obviously, apart from the window!); but others have the bed the other way around, and the TV and desk by the window - which I think looks nicer.

Do you know which grades are which way around? We have just booked cat GG E207 on the Ruby and would be keen to know.

Insides and OV generally have the head of the bed crosswise to the length of the ship. On OV's it's against the outside wall of the ship(as the pic of Sapphire E425). The balcony rooms and minis have the desk and TV (and sitting area in minis) by the sliding door and the head of the bed running parallel to the length of the ship.

A GG on Ruby would be as shown in the above picture.

We have L101 on the Caribbean Princess, it doesn't have a life boat but sont sort of wall, its at the frount of the ship. Anyone have a picture of it? Thanks

Here is a thread showing those rooms from inside and from the outside:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=674833

Edited by cherylandtk

In the post above Sapphire E245, the bed is under the window and the layout is the same as an inside cabin (obviously, apart from the window!); but others have the bed the other way around, and the TV and desk by the window - which I think looks nicer.

Do you know which grades are which way around? We have just booked cat GG E207 on the Ruby and would be keen to know.

Insides and OV generally have the head of the bed crosswise to the length of the ship. On OV's it's against the outside wall of the ship(as the pic of Sapphire E425). The balcony rooms and minis have the desk and TV (and sitting area in minis) by the sliding door and the head of the bed running parallel to the length of the ship.

One thing we really liked about the orientation of the room was the small shelf that runs the width of the room behind the bed. It's a great space for extra storage.

Great thanks. I wasn't sure as about half the pictures of the cabin insides on this thread had the bed one way, and half the other (the princess site typical example show the bed orientated as per the balcony cabins). I'll post my pics on this thread next year!

Just wondering if anyone has a picture or knowledge of E424 and E622 on the CB Princess. Thanks!! We couldn't pass up 499 for a Canada/New England cruise. I don't care much about the obstruction 5 port days out of 7!! Thanks!

One quick comment on obtructed view cabins. Often there are walking platforms outside these rooms where crew members have access for a variety of reasons. Make sure you keep the curtains drawn at all appropriate times or you may be exposed to the casual glance of a worker who rarely makes it to any of the other shows on board. Been there.

• 2 weeks later...

I might as well as for pictures too.. does anyone have a picture of E226 on the Emerald? My daughter and BF will be in that room while my son and his wife are in E603 (found that picture). My husband and I took a balcony and are in L255.

• 3 weeks later...