Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

Hi

Here are a few pics of E109, on the Sapphire Princess.

This is a great cabin if you do not mind being all the way forward.

The view is very good, and not that obstructed. I think it is better then being in an obstructed on Emerald deck, as your dealing with lifeboats blocking most of the view. It was a balcony cabin, but since the pole from the bridge comes down on the balcony, they have put in a window, and you do not have access to the balcony. Pole from the bridge takes up very little of the view. I included a pic of the side of the ship, trying to show how the pole comes down on the balcony. Hope these pics help! Sorry I do not know how to make these pics big, but if you click on the thumbnails, they will come up larger.

1795556112_cruisemay2009583.jpg.4b262b678c563899c62cde8e57c7e99a.jpg

370769144_cruisemay2009584.jpg.219818d468e74e00a1891d37e08390d9.jpg

71131444_cruisemay2009585.jpg.4c0ec3b3227210c0bffefbde679b18f9.jpg

1367773983_cruisemay2009080.jpg.d1a8f470e7ad23944b97afdf32518a51.jpg

Edited by csaeroach

Here is a photo of partially obstructed Diamond cabin E326. We liked it. It was convenient, quiet, and as you can see, not much obstruction at all.

[ATTACH]123202[/ATTACH]

Wow! That is a great cabin! There does not look to be any obstruction in that photo at all. Definately one to keep in mind when thinking on booking an obstructive view stateroom.

Hi

Here are a few pics of E109, on the Sapphire Princess.

This is a great cabin if you do not mind being all the way forward.

The view is very good, and not that obstructed. I think it is better then being in an obstructed on Emerald deck, as your dealing with lifeboats blocking most of the view. It was a balcony cabin, but since the pole from the bridge comes down on the balcony, they have put in a window, and you do not have access to the balcony. Pole from the bridge takes up very little of the view. I included a pic of the side of the ship, trying to show how the pole comes down on the balcony. Hope these pics help! Sorry I do not know how to make these pics big, but if you click on the thumbnails, they will come up larger.

Sorry this is C109 on the Sapphire Princess.. location is on Caribe Deck

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have booked a TA on Ruby in cabin E414. It seems from posts I've read that this cabin is really not obstructed at all. Anyone know for sure? Any photos? Also, is bed set up under window like an inside cabin or perpendicular like other outsides? The "chatter" has gone both directions. Thanks.

Are the life boats the larger and the tenders the smaller boats, or is the other way around? We have one of the larger boats in front of our cabin window, by the looks of the diagram. I'm guessing we won't have any view but just some natural light.

Ah, yes... the glow of 'lifeboat orange' natural light!

This has been an interesting thread. We will be on our first Princess cruise in January and since I will be taking time off without pay we decided to play it much cheaper than we have in all our past cruises. We chose a category F that says it is an Obstructed view but I am not sure what would be obstructing it based on the deck plan. We will be on the Crown in E632. Any one have any idea why they call this obstructed. I saw Herbs picture which was great and like the idea that the bed is not up agains the window like all the HAL ships. :)

We chose a category F that says it is an Obstructed view but I am not sure what would be obstructing it based on the deck plan. We will be on the Crown in E632. Any one have any idea why they call this obstructed.

Hi! We're were on the Crown last March and will be boarding her next Sat. for her transatlantic cruise. I'll try to remember to take a look at that cabin for you. I do know that the promenade walkway goes from Deck 7 to Deck 8 (Emerald) at about the point where your cabin is. This doesn't show on the deck plans. I remember that the area around the stairs between the two decks is kind of dark so something is obstructing it. I think you can count on Princess declaring a cabin view obstructed, when it really is obstructed by something. We've booked our first obst. view on the Grand in Jan. and it's a Cat. E--the highest cat. in the obstructed view group. But there is paraphernalia outside--walkways, canisters holding the inflatable life rafts, etc. So we may get a decent amount of light, but won't want to take a photo of anything onshore through all that stuff ;)

Hi! We're were on the Crown last March and will be boarding her next Sat. for her transatlantic cruise. I'll try to remember to take a look at that cabin for you. I do know that the promenade walkway goes from Deck 7 to Deck 8 (Emerald) at about the point where your cabin is. This doesn't show on the deck plans. I remember that the area around the stairs between the two decks is kind of dark so something is obstructing it. I think you can count on Princess declaring a cabin view obstructed, when it really is obstructed by something. We've booked our first obst. view on the Grand in Jan. and it's a Cat. E--the highest cat. in the obstructed view group. But there is paraphernalia outside--walkways, canisters holding the inflatable life rafts, etc. So we may get a decent amount of light, but won't want to take a photo of anything onshore through all that stuff ;)

Barb, Thanks so much for looking for me. I had considered changing and still might but the price was good, but if it is where the stairs are then I think I definitely wnat to change.

Thanks again :)

E632 on the Crown is close to the far aft staircase on the interior of the ship. The stairs that follow the promenade walkway from deck 7 up to deck 8 are forward from cabins E204.

We are in E701 and E633 on our upcoming cruise on the Emerald (same layout as the Crown) and have read for obstructed view cabins, there really isn't much of an obstruction; but you may want to keep the curtains closed in port. The crew would be the only people in front of your window in E632, and that would while in port if they are working with the tenders.

BarbinMich: if you could confirm this when you get back, that would be great!

We had E701 on the Emerald Princess for a Mediterranean cruise last year. It is totally UNobstructed and the platform is way below for workers so no need to keep the curtains closed. We loved that cabin! Have a great picture of Mt. Vesuvius in the background taken from this cabin window. Breathtaking!

We had E701 on the Emerald Princess for a Mediterranean cruise last year. It is totally UNobstructed and the platform is way below for workers so no need to keep the curtains closed. We loved that cabin! Have a great picture of Mt. Vesuvius in the background taken from this cabin window. Breathtaking!
jdm: Would you please e-mail me the picture? my e-mail is in my profile. Thank you in advance!

E632 on the Crown is close to the far aft staircase on the interior of the ship. The stairs that follow the promenade walkway from deck 7 up to deck 8 are forward from cabins E204.

We are in E701 and E633 on our upcoming cruise on the Emerald (same layout as the Crown) and have read for obstructed view cabins, there really isn't much of an obstruction; but you may want to keep the curtains closed in port. The crew would be the only people in front of your window in E632, and that would while in port if they are working with the tenders.

BarbinMich: if you could confirm this when you get back, that would be great!

Gosh, what was I looking at?? Thanks so much for the huge correction in location! Plus I see they do show the promenade walkway up on forward Deck 8 (Emerald). I have friends in E-631 on the Crown cruise starting this Sat., so I should be able to at least look out their window and see what's outside that vicinity. I'll let you both know what's what with these Cat F cabins.

Barb, Thanks so much for looking for me. I had considered changing and still might but the price was good, but if it is where the stairs are then I think I definitely wnat to change.

Thanks again :)

I apologize for my earlier incorrect info. Don't know where my head or eyes were when I thought I was looking at E632. See my response to sunnyv, who caught the error, in the post above.