Brilliance Favorite Cabin

I am booked on Brilliance, 07/11/05, and we have room 8588. Should I move or stay where I am at? The balcony looks to be slightly larger than normal, but it sounds like we might have some obstruction because of the overhang. This will be our first balcony room so we want a good one.

Anyone have thoughts?

We are booked on Brilliance 8402 just forward of your cabin. I'm trying to get a shady balcony so overhang is OK but don't want obstructions.Any helpful hints? Thanks in advance. Lorian

There are no obstructions on any aft cabin balconies on the Brilliance. We had 7674 in April. Great big balcony! Booked 7676 for Panama Canal next April. You cannot beat an aft balcony on this class ship.

This is just what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Glendamcd - Where are you going on your cruise? Maybe we are going on the same one...just a year later.

TamaLee,

When are you going on your cruise? We are booked for Oct 3, 2005 on the Radiance...

NB

We have aft balcony 9260 for November, 2005 on the Jewel!

My sister has bump cabin 9586 for the same sailing.

This will be the first time we have ever had either of these balcony cabins so I can pick first hand which one I like best.:p :D ;)

Good to hear. I found some pictures this morning that kind of show what it looks like from the outside. I think we'll be just fine. I booked this cruise about a year ago, and I had my pick with the cabins. My better half tends to get sea sick, so I wanted to make sure we cabin at midships. When we went on our Alaska cruise two years ago we had a lower cabin towards the stern. We hit a storm one of the nights, and also lost power in our area. So at like 3 in the morning we awoke to what felt like a mammoth earthquake. It was pitch black since there were no lights. Needless to say we were a little freaked out :eek:

MeLike2Travel you are exactly right .... you are directly in the middle of the ship and have no obstructions .... you can even look straight down and front to back :)

BrianB

JAJU - we have a thread going for the Oct. 5 sailing. Please come by and say hello! [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44719[/url]

Did you sign up for the Meet & Mingle??

cmjaffe is wrong in stating that the bump cabins on Deck 7 are E1 & E2. They are actually E3 category and there is no obstruction on these cabins. The other E3 cabins on Deck 7 yes, but not the bump cabins. I wish she would get this correct because it is in every post concerning E3 category on the Radiance class ships.

JJustin80
We had this cabin on the Brilliance Panama cruise & it was great. Balcony was larger than regular balconies. We had 2 chairs & table but could easily have added a lounge chair. Location was the best. Lifeboat covers were not a factor. Keep the cabin.
Pat

Seaside,

Can you clear something up for people reading this thread. You posted the cmjaffe is incorrect in posting the the cabins are are E1 cabins. I pulled up the Brilliance deck plans and it does show that there are 8 E1 cabins on the bump[url="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000h91Q2sJ-qeFFJjxJxaGUGoc:v29bc620?shipCode=BR&deckCode=07&shipProfile=1065&sailDate=1040725"][color=#800080]Royal Caribbean International - Brilliance Of The Seas Deck Seven[/color][/url]. Are you refering to only the 6 cabins in the middle of the bump as being unobstructed. I am now confused by both posts. If you have been on the ship and can help post the answer I am sure it will help people that have these cabins.

I can't wait until next Janurary when I will be in my aft cabin 8672. Any one out there have this cabin before? This will be our first aft cabin.... if it is like our first balcony I am in trouble, as we won't go back inside again:p

With regard to aft balconies - everyone seems to talk only about the corner afts, but we had 9258 - one in from the corner and liked it better than the corner aft. So much so that we just booked it again for next year, and we had the choice to get 9256.

If you like an aft balcony - ANY aft cabin on the Radiance class of ships is fantastic. All the balconies are large and private, ours measured 12 ft. x 14 ft.

Brandy

[font=Comic Sans MS]We had cabin 8672 this past April. I loved the size of the balcony and the view was great, but the walk back and forth bothered us. We aren't old and out of shape, we just felt like we spent SO much time going back and forth. Got to make sure to plan ahead so your number of trips are cut down.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]We doing the same cruise again next year, but are going with a Grand Suite instead.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Lisa[/font]

[quote name='Driftwoodgal']Seaside,

Can you clear something up for people reading this thread. You posted the cmjaffe is incorrect in posting the the cabins are are E1 cabins. I pulled up the Brilliance deck plans and it does show that there are 8 E1 cabins on the bump[url="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000h91Q2sJ-qeFFJjxJxaGUGoc:v29bc620?shipCode=BR&deckCode=07&shipProfile=1065&sailDate=1040725"][color=#800080]Royal Caribbean International - Brilliance Of The Seas Deck Seven[/color][/url]. Are you refering to only the 6 cabins in the middle of the bump as being unobstructed. I am now confused by both posts. If you have been on the ship and can help post the answer I am sure it will help people that have these cabins.

I can't wait until next Janurary when I will be in my aft cabin 8672. Any one out there have this cabin before? This will be our first aft cabin.... if it is like our first balcony I am in trouble, as we won't go back inside again:p[/QUOTE]

We have 9256 booked for our Oct. Serenade cruise, I've seen pictures of the balcony & it is awesome!

We have cabin 9254 booked for the Brilliance in April, has anyone had that cabin? On the deck plans it looks like it might be a little bit obstructed by the curve of the ship, but it doesn't list that on the RCL website. We're hoping to upgrade to either a JS or a GS, so I'm not to worried right now, just curious.

We were too late to book an aft on Brilliance - Jan. 24th 05 so we booked 9202 - has anyone had this cabin before? We got our act together and have booked 9256 on Jewel for Jan. 06; my sister and her husband have the aft cabin right beside us. Happy to hear all the positive comments about these two cabins.
184 days to sailing.....

Here's my vote--Cabin 1100 (JS Category, Deck 10, Aft port side) with a huge balcony and no obstruction anywhere:

[url]http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=/ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos[/url]

Archived