Rome Hilton Airport

Hi everyone.

We'll be staying a day ahead at the Hilton Airport in Rome. Does anyone know how often the shuttle runs from the hotel and most important "where" is the drop/pickup in the city?

Many thanks!!

Chesie

Hi everyone.

We'll be staying a day ahead at the Hilton Airport in Rome. Does anyone know how often the shuttle runs from the hotel and most important "where" is the drop/pickup in the city?

Many thanks!!

Chesie

the website says it runs every 30 minutes... but I'd be curious, too, as to where it goes in the city. If you are staying one night pre-cruise you are going to have to backtrack into Rome the next morning to catch the train to Civitavecchia (unless you have lots of $$ and have arranged transportation to the port.)

We stayed at the Hilton Rome Airport last October before our cruise. It was great. I posted the following thread on my return which may help you-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=656453

I don't know which cruise line you are on, but Costa had transfers from the airport to the ship which worked out far cheaper than any of the car services we could find.

Julie

We stayed at the Hilton Rome Airport last October before our cruise. It was great. I posted the following thread on my return which may help you-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=656453

I don't know which cruise line you are on, but Costa had transfers from the airport to the ship which worked out far cheaper than any of the car services we could find.

Julie

Thanks Julie. Where abouts it Theatro Marcello? As stated in the thread, I used my reward points and with the EURO now glad I did!

We arrive at 7:30 am. We'll stoll over, drop the bags as I don't think the room will be ready by then, and shuttle into Rome center.

Nancy

I hope someone will answer with more recent experience....but 7 years ago when we stayed at the Airport Hilton( a lovely hotel), we were dropped off near Piazza Venezia.It's very central and there was a great coffee shop right where the bus dropped you off.

Enjoy your time in Rome and your cruise !!

Sharon

I have not been there yet, but we are also booked at the Airport Hilton precruse (on points). It looks like the Theatre of Marcellus is just opposite the bridge that crosses the Tiber R thru Isola Tiberina (island) going into Travesterre. I am looking at a Rome map on page 610 of Rick Steve's book on Italy. It looks to be about 3 blocks from Plaza Venezia and Victor Emannuel. Looks like an easy walk to prime historical sites and Colloseum. Our cruise starts Oct 25. If you go sooner, could you please post more info when you return?

I hope someone will answer with more recent experience....but 7 years ago when we stayed at the Airport Hilton( a lovely hotel), we were dropped off near Piazza Venezia.It's very central and there was a great coffee shop right where the bus dropped you off.

Enjoy your time in Rome and your cruise !!

Sharon

Thanks Sharon. I'm going to call Hilton at the 800# to see if I can get any info. They booked the hotel for me. Don't know my Italian too well to brave a call directly to Rome Hilton.

We have been to Rome several times so we are going to have lunch, Scavi at 3 and probably check in then, unless my a miracle the hotel is ready at 8 am! We have a family friend (Priest) that we are meeting up for dinner so I hope the shuttle back will be on the late side. Otherwise we'll pick up a taxi for the ride back.

Nancy

I have not been there yet, but we are also booked at the Airport Hilton precruse (on points). It looks like the Theatre of Marcellus is just opposite the bridge that crosses the Tiber R thru Isola Tiberina (island) going into Travesterre. I am looking at a Rome map on page 610 of Rick Steve's book on Italy. It looks to be about 3 blocks from Plaza Venezia and Victor Emannuel. Looks like an easy walk to prime historical sites and Colloseum. Our cruise starts Oct 25. If you go sooner, could you please post more info when you return?

Thanks Mustgo for the location! I will be returning to the states Fri 10/17 and will try to remember for you! If I find out anything earlier, I'll be sure to post it

Nancy

Hi All,

The Airport Hilton is WAY over rated!!

We stayed there this May since we had an early fight back.

When we checked into our room it had used glasses outside the door

and some white liquid stains all over the door. GROSS! We asked for

it to be cleaned up. They said they would but never did!!

For $400 US a night you think? you WOULD expect a better hotel.

This is maybe a 2 star or 3 star hotel. The carpets are worn out.

The only thing that is a plus- The rooms sizes are like

American hotels compared to Europe.

Unless you have an early fight - DO NOT THINK THIS IS

A GOOD HOTEL SINCE IT"S A 'HILTON".

Our room at the Hilton was large, spotlessly clean, well appointed with every amenity, and in great condition. I thought it was a very nice hotel. We paid $270.42 in May, which was worth it to us for the nice room and the convenience. I did think that 4.50 (euros, not dollars!) for a minibar Coke was a little excessive.

I stayed at the Airport Hilton last week, pre-cruise. The shuttle runs every two hours. starting at 8 AM to 10 PM to the Partenza de. It is a central location. It returns starting at 9 AM and returns every two hours.

Be early for the bus. It is a 52 seat bus and it fills up quickly. There were people that told me they could not get on the bus because it was full.

we have stayed there twice and found it so convenient when leaving the next day after arriving from a cruise. The bus dropped us near the Circus Maximus facing the Tiber. In addition a cab was reasonable if the bus was not convenient. The best was waking up in the mornig and already being at eh airport. The Rome airport is very security oriented and it does take 90 minutes or more to get to the gate,and this was business class onDelta

I stayed at the Airport Hilton last week, pre-cruise. The shuttle runs every two hours. starting at 8 AM to 10 PM to the Partenza de. It is a central location. It returns starting at 9 AM and returns every two hours.

Be early for the bus. It is a 52 seat bus and it fills up quickly. There were people that told me they could not get on the bus because it was full.

Thanks for your info but could you please be more specific about Partenza de. That is totally new to me. Thank you

The Bus stops in a parking lot next to the Bocca della Verità also called

the "Mouth of Truth," at the Church of Santa Maria on Piazza Bocca della Verità (north end of Circus Maximus)

Thanks a bunch. That is very helpful info.

Can anyone compare the Hilton with the Marriot near the airport--they are two possibilites for a post cruise overnight if we need one...maybe even pre-cruise , but I have my heart set on something closer to the port for that...

Archived