Melbourne Taxi

staceymrow

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the rough price for a taxi in Melbourne(city hotel) to the airport?

We are flying back to Brisbane after our 2 nighter Sun Princess cruise arrives in Melbourne in November

Thanks in advance

We never use a taxi when going to the airport from our home. Instead we use a limo which is so much cheaper and safer and can be booked.

I have just found the Melbourne airport website and the taxi fare that they are quoting from the airport to the city is around $40 one way which is reasonable as there a few tolls involved. Here is the link:

http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/to_from_airport/taxis.asp

Jennie

Hi

We live just on the edge of the CBD, and taxis cost between $35 and $45 depending on the time of the day. The SkyBus is cheaper which drops you off at Southern Cross Station on Spencer Street, and connects you to a smaller shuttle bus to your hotel (free) - they have a pretty frequent schedule. A booked car/limo is around $50-55, fixed fare. The link provided by Aussie Gal has links to the info you'll need I think.

Archived