Eating At The Spa

cruisecountess

I have read a lot about the healthy and delicious eating available at the spa cafe. Since it is located near the thasselotherapy pool, does one have to take the spa package to eat at the cafe? Or can I just walk in and eat? Are reservations needed and are all three meals served there? Thanks. We will be on the Millie.

On all the current ships anyone can eat at the Spa Cafe which is open for breakfast and lunch and is a lovely experience

A

On my two M-class cruises, the Spa Cafe was open until 8 pm so it was suitable for an early dinner. Is this no longer the case?

Dave

On all the current ships anyone can eat at the Spa Cafe which is open for breakfast and lunch and is a lovely experience

A

Not all the current ships have Aqua Spa Cafes. Only the Millennium class (Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation) and the Century have Aqua Spa cafes. The new Solstice class will also have an Aqua Spa Cafe.

It is not available on the Mercury or Galaxy.

The staff working in the Aquaspa cafe during the day are typically the same people who work in the alternative restaurant at night, hence the Aquaspa closes down sometime mid-afternoon.

Just checked my dailies from my Millennium cruises - the Aquaspa cafe was open until 7pm so you could have a early lite dinner there.

On our Panama Canal cruise two years ago we had an all day shore excursion in Costa Rica.We got back with two hours until we sailed and knew our 3 year old Grandaughter had made a point of asking for a pretty dress from Costa Rica.So back into Punta Arenas we went in search of the pretty dress.Dress bought we got back to the ship knowing we'd missed dinner.We decided to go to the t pool and while passing the cafe area we were asked if we were hungry.We were the only ones there and they grilled up Delicious shrimp and scallop kabobs.This was around 6:30 in the evening.We were very impressed.

The food is not bland and in fact is pictured "undressed" The cafe is run not by the trainees at alternative dining but the experts at the Speciality and the balances of the tastes is very subtle - do not be put off by the pictures

The fruit plate would not be accompanied with anything I suspect. Not trying to be adverse, the Spa Cafe environment is nice, I personally find it falls short. I also found that while I would have expected to find sugar free and or low fat desserts, there were neither and the those choices were found in the buffet areas.

The food is not bland and in fact is pictured "undressed" The cafe is run not by the trainees at alternative dining but the experts at the Speciality and the balances of the tastes is very subtle - do not be put off by the pictures

Yes - the proof is in the eatin'! :D

Thanks for the photos. I will be enjoying the spa cafe in 18 days. This will be my first cruise. I am so looking forward to not cooking, eating great variety of food on board, and having a cocktail as the ship leaves port ,and the sun sets. Some of the comments from past cruises about the food are extreme personal opinoins... I know I will be well fed!!:)

My husband and I would always go the gym in the morning and stop at the Spa Cafe and ask for a plate of papaya and limes. The staff would pile it on plate and we would take it down to our room. We would take turns eating it on the balcony while the other showered. Ahh the memories.

We ate a lot of lunches at the Spa Cafe. The cafe has a couple of dishes (grilled fish and chicken are what I remember) that are made to order. You place your order, sit down and the food is brought to your table. It is a great place for lunch.

Note on opinions, we area all allowed to post them, however mine are not extreme if you were pointing to me. My comments here are observances over time, changes, and last use. I am eagerly awaiting Solstice when this venue may really be something quite special.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, the Spa Cafe helped with trying to eat healthy meals. This way, I was able to eat at all the normal dining venues aboard ship for all the meals:

Early Breakfast 7:00am

Breakfast 8:30am

Brunch 10:00am

Lunch 11:30am

Dunch 1:30pm

Linner 4:30pm

Dinner 8:00pm

Late Night Snack 11:00pm

Then, start all over again! OK, I made up a few of the meal names, but I hate snacking (you know how you gain weight snacking), so I added Linner and Dunch being between Lunch and Dinner.

Yes, I was able to eat very healthy meals throughtout the cruise. Of course, when you have SEVEN meals a day, even low-cal meals put on weight, oh well.

Denny

We have been back from our Century cruise for two weeks as of tomorrow and we are still discussing our favorite dessert of the cruise which was served in the Aqua Spa Cafe: Alexandras Cone with Citrus Compote. Yum!

The hours in the Century Aqua Spa were 7:30am - 10:00am and noon to 3:00pm. It was run very well by mostly Murano staff with Cemal as the boss.

Will the Solistice and Equinox Aqua Spa Cafe be similar to the Aqua Spa on the Century and Millennium class ships where it is available to everyone without an additional cost (and not just Aqua Class passengers)?

Does anyone know if the Solistice and Equinox will have the sushi bar too from 5-10pm?

The Aqua Spa Cafe was instrumental in our not gaining weight on the cruise. That and 134 miles of walking (according to pedometer).

Kathy

It is the only place on the ship you can be sure to find papaya and imported yogurt for breakfast. If you are into sauces and heavy fatty food you probably will not enjoy the simplicity of some of the offerings. They are already plated so you can look them over easily. But if you are on a low fat diet and are accustomed to this type food, you will probably enjoy it.

It is the only place on the ship you can be sure to find papaya and imported yogurt for breakfast. If you are into sauces and heavy fatty food you probably will not enjoy the simplicity of some of the offerings. They are already plated so you can look them over easily. But if you are on a low fat diet and are accustomed to this type food, you will probably enjoy it. They have a good borscht.

It is the only place on the ship you can be sure to find papaya and imported yogurt for breakfast. If you are into sauces and heavy fatty food you probably will not enjoy the simplicity of some of the offerings. They are already plated so you can look them over easily. But if you are on a low fat diet and are accustomed to this type food, you will probably enjoy it.

That is a perfect example of what I am suggesting is the contradiction of this venue....unless the yogurt is 0% Fat or 2% Fat, one might have a more healthful breakfast with Oatmeal from the buffet.

Archived