How much is the past guest discount you get?

travelbug2225

We plan to take Alaska cruise next May with Princess. Now we are thinking about taking New England/Canada in Oct. I was wondering should I booked my NE/CA with Princess, so I can get a past guest discount when I booked my Alaska cruise. How much the discount you get ? Will you get a free upgrade or you have to be a certain level with them in order to get benefit?

The discount varies greatly depending on what TA you use. One advantage you would get is to do the booking for the Alaskan cruise while you are on the earlier Princess cruise. You should be able to only pay $100 deposit then but you may not get the lowest price for the cruise. Most of the time Princess will honor lower prices that occur closer to the cruise but not after final payment.

You should enjoy both cruises.

Have a great next cruise.

We plan to take Alaska cruise next May with Princess. Now we are thinking about taking New England/Canada in Oct. I was wondering should I booked my NE/CA with Princess, so I can get a past guest discount when I booked my Alaska cruise. How much the discount you get ? Will you get a free upgrade or you have to be a certain level with them in order to get benefit?

The actual past passenger discount can be as low as $100 or less. Best to find a good discount TA and with the discount and your past passenger number, they can save you a lot.

I also receommnd that you make a future booking while onboard another cruise ($100 each), this will get you that lowered deposit and onboard credit depending on the length of the sailing and stateroom type booked.

I have heard about placing a deposit on a future cruise while on a cruise, how does this work?

Do you have to know the details of your future cruise or can you decide later?

Do have have to then book directly through Princess or can you use a TA?

You can do a future cruise deposit for $100. You don't need to know what cruise you want to take or when. You have 4 years to take the cruise at which point you get back your cruise deposit and you get an additional $100 cruise credit per cabin. You can book directly with Princess or with your own TA.

We try to make sure we have one available when we want to cruise Princess.

I get a quote from other website where I posted what cruise I want and they complete for my business. They asked if you ever cruise with this line when I choose the cruise date. So, I used 2 different user name one I answer "Yes" and one I answer "No" (for the exact date). I was surprise that the price are the same. Anyone know the answer to that?

The discount varies greatly depending on what TA you use. One advantage you would get is to do the booking for the Alaskan cruise while you are on the earlier Princess cruise. You should be able to only pay $100 deposit then but you may not get the lowest price for the cruise. Most of the time Princess will honor lower prices that occur closer to the cruise but not after final payment.

You should enjoy both cruises.

My cruise planner at Princess does get the lower price for me after final payment.

Tee

I have heard about placing a deposit on a future cruise while on a cruise, how does this work? -- when you purchase a FCC (future cruise credit), you are pre-paying a deposit on either a specific cruise or one to be determined later. You have four years to decide on a future cruise and when you do book, you get an onboard credit for using the FCC. On some longer cruises, the onboard credit is as much as you paid for the FCC, the amount dependent on the length of the cruise and cabin category booked. It's really a no-brainer.

Do you have to know the details of your future cruise or can you decide later? -- No. You can either book a cruise immediately, paying $100/pp deposit or just buy FCCs to be used as a deposit for a future cruise.

You can book with whomever you want. They will look up your Captain's Circle #, see that you have an FCC, and apply that. If you book a specific cruise while onboard, the booking will automatically go directly to the TA you used to book the cruise you're on. However, you can specify it as a Princess booking, research cruises and get the best rate, then go with the TA you want. You can always check the status of your FCC in your My Princess area. :)

I have heard about placing a deposit on a future cruise while on a cruise, how does this work?

This is from the Princess site http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/during_cruise/board.jsp

Future Cruise Consultant

While onboard you can book your next escape with Princess. Future Cruise Consultants are on each vessel to advise you of future cruise itineraries, fares and incentives. By booking onboard, you will receive reduced deposits of $100 per person and up to $150 shipboard credit per person on your next sailing with Princess.

Simply make a deposit toward any cruise to secure this exclusive offer available only to our onboard passengers.

CRUISE LENGTH________ STATE ROOM TYPE______ONBOARD CREDIT (USD/CAD)*

7-9 days___________________ Interior________________ $25

7-9 days__________________Oceanview _______________$50

10-15 days_________________Interior_________________$75

10-15 days________________Oceanview_______________$100

16+ days__________________Interior__________________$125

16+ days__________________Oceanview_______________$150

* Shipboard credit for 1st and 2nd passenger only.

Check with your Future Cruise Consultant about offers for World Cruises

Do you have to know the details of your future cruise or can you decide later?

You do not need to specify a specific sailing when making an FCC. We always leave it "open".

You can use either...... We use our TA.

The future cruise credit is not dependent on what travel agent you use. It is a fixed discount depending on the length of the cruise and what category cabin is booked. I always shop for the lowest price and I'm able to add the future cruise credit to it.

The future cruise credit is not dependent on what travel agent you use. It is a fixed discount depending on the length of the cruise and what category cabin is booked. I always shop for the lowest price and I'm able to add the future cruise credit to it.

The question is not about the value of the FCC, but how does the pricing for someone with a Captain's Circle number (and thus a past cruiser) compare to the price for a first time Princess cruiser.

I do not know the exact answer, only that it is lower for the past passenger.

The question is not about the value of the FCC, but how does the pricing for someone with a Captain's Circle number (and thus a past cruiser) compare to the price for a first time Princess cruiser.

I do not know the exact answer, only that it is lower for the past passenger.

Thanks for the correction. I labeled the discount in error. It should have read that the "Loyalty" discount for past passengers is a fixed amount depending on the length of cruise and what category is booked. You can use any TA to get the best deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Travelbug

Try to find an agency that has a group booked that will pass along the group fares to you...you will also get your captain circle and FCC or anythign you have coming, in addition to the discounted group rate. We are traveling onthe Star on may 31 2009 RT from Seattle, and got excellent pricing and all discounts. Contact me if you would like the name of the agency. They always guaranteee me best pricing, and have always delivered

Archived