DEREK LEWIS fans--he is going to......

Any chance RCL will fly him to Barcelona to ride the Voyager back to arrive in Galveston in style (and so we will be entertained during our transatlantic)?

He's actually transferring to the Rhapsody to do Alaska for 5 months

No wonder I like this photo collection! I took them!

I use Flickr now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeusry/

Derek Lewis had us crying laughing on most of our Rhapsody cruises.

The other great memory was the violin and guitarist called Rosario Strings. Teddy was the violin artist and I forgot the guitar guys name. Great mix of classics and contemporary christian music at dinner!

• 1 year later...

We sailed on Rhapsody with Derek from Vancouver to Sydney in October this year where he left the ship to go home after 23 weeks onboard:eek:. He joins Voyager again soon out of Galveston and then returns to Rhapsody when she arrives back up north for the Alaska season again. After that he is not entirely sure what is happening for the late 2011/early 2012 seasons as I had an email from him today advising he is getting married in March 2012 but will be unable to confirm if it will be on the Mariner or the Voyager until RCL confirm where he will be working at that time ..... Derek is a very special talent and if RCL could clone him they could put one in every Schooner Bar and we could ALL enjoy him when we cruise.

Cheers

David

We sailed on Rhapsody with Derek from Vancouver to Sydney in October this year where he left the ship to go home after 23 weeks onboard:eek:. He joins Voyager again soon out of Galveston and then returns to Rhapsody when she arrives back up north for the Alaska season again. After that he is not entirely sure what is happening for the late 2011/early 2012 seasons as I had an email from him today advising he is getting married in March 2012 but will be unable to confirm if it will be on the Mariner or the Voyager until RCL confirm where he will be working at that time ..... Derek is a very special talent and if RCL could clone him they could put one in every Schooner Bar and we could ALL enjoy him when we cruise.

Cheers

David

I have only sailed with Derek 4 times, but if he is getting married in March 2012, count me in. Especially since it is such a short flight. Good Sailing, Murf

Cheers

David

Oh, I thought it was 2011 when he was getting married. Hmmmmm.....does this pose a dilemna for you and your lovely wife? Seems to me that March 2012 is your cruising month, but what about this Derek wedding thing the same month?

Oh, I thought it was 2011 when he was getting married. Hmmmmm.....does this pose a dilemna for you and your lovely wife? Seems to me that March 2012 is your cruising month, but what about this Derek wedding thing the same month?

Not a dilemna, a new challenge...... Derek has said the wedding will be late Feb on a 7 day cruise from Galveston or New Orleans depending on which ship he is on at the time. We are cruising from Perth on the Radiance on 6th March 2012 and have so far worked out we can fly to the US do the Caribbean cruise for 7 days and still make it back to Perth for our Radiance cruise ..... this ALL depends on money and planning of course:rolleyes:.... We will see how it all pans out.

Cheers

David

Derek is a great entertainer--has "Adult Day Care at Night" also known as Kamakaze Karoke. He is in the Schooner Bar after 9 or 10 at night. Lots of fun to watch. mke sure to go and see him.

ALSO--do not miss RAMON DELA CRUZ--he is also in the Schooner & Centrum --he is a classical guitarist and fantastic. plays with his soul.

If LANI VOS is still the loyalty ambassador--tell her Brenda said hello. She is the absolute best LA we have ever ever worked with!!! top notch

enjoy the trip. the weather was absolutely UGLY for us last week, but we sure enjoyed our trip anyway. loved being back on the Rhapsody. You will have a new Cpatain as Captain Olav got off for vacation yesterday.

If you have not booked any excursions--I highly recommend DYEA DAVE in SKAGWAY--I learned about him on Cruise Critics--wonderful wonderful wonderful. you can search CC for his contact info we also went through coastal helicopters in Juneau for a ride to the glacier. we were not able to do the dog sled onthe glacier:( , but were able to go the glacier---great company--also learned about them from CCers!!!

the train in Skagway is AWESOME

have a good one

Just got off the TA on Voyager on Nov. 21. Good that Derrick w/ be back. We could have used him in the P and W.

CD is Mercedes, L and A is Alexandria, and CL host is Israel, but he goes on vacation Jan. 16. So tell Israel I said hello. I really liked Mike as CD last few times, but Mercedes is there!She is nice and friendly.

I had read about Derek before we sailed on the Rhapsody a few years back and was SO excited. I tried to participate in one of his Jimmy Buffet events and he humiliated me on the pool deck.....it was NOT fun. We are on the Voyager in three weeks. I will still enjoy his music but will NOT ever try to participate again...I was SO dissapointed.

• 9 months later...

I wanted to resurrect this thread about Derek. He wanted to sail on the Mariner from Galveston, but apparently the English Pub on this ship allows smoking, so he is staying with the Voyager from New Orleans, even though the Mariner is closer to his home in San Antonio. I wonder how we can get the Mariner to change the English Pub to non-smoking? I not trying to start a smoking debate -- gosh, there's enough of those already. I just want Derek back to Galveston where he belongs. Well, time will tell I guess.

Anyone going to his wedding on the Voyager next February? I hope he gave his fiancee a ring "valued at far more than one thousand dollars."

I wanted to resurrect this thread about Derek. He wanted to sail on the Mariner from Galveston, but apparently the English Pub on this ship allows smoking, so he is staying with the Voyager from New Orleans, even though the Mariner is closer to his home in San Antonio. I wonder how we can get the Mariner to change the English Pub to non-smoking? I not trying to start a smoking debate -- gosh, there's enough of those already. I just want Derek back to Galveston where he belongs. Well, time will tell I guess.

Anyone going to his wedding on the Voyager next February? I hope he gave his fiancee a ring "valued at far more than one thousand dollars."

We'll be on the WEDDING CRUISE. Personally, I hope Patty DOES get a Del Sol Color Changing Ring... (ok, maybe 2)

Archived