Liberty notes - 8/23/08-8/30/08

Then she'd be the one to talk to if you want to get some of those Cubans in ;)

Alicia wasn't IN the Love and Marriage Show, but she was mentioned as the one the center guy would have liked to see in a bikini.

OH! Thats right, I remember now!

Maybe I'll cruise the Freedom instead;) Is there a was a way to find out who the concierge is prior to booking? Not that it would make me change a trip but it would be nice to have an engaging person to talk to.

Don't look for that on the Freedom, just back and the concierge in the suite lounge (Francios), a nice man, but not talkative at all. We talked more to the 2 bartenders. We were used to Ricky on the Explorer who's a doll.

Alicia told us that she was MORTIFIED when he said that!

Hi all,

I was on the same cruise with you. (BTW Great Review Merion Mom!)

You know of all of the events/shows on schedule all week, "Love & Marriage " was the one I looked the most forward too...and of course it was the only night on board I felt ill. I stayed in my room from late that afternoon until the next morning. I was so bummed to have missed it!

It was nice to see a bit of the Love & Marriage show on the final night when they showed the DVD.

That reminds me, I've never purchased a Cruise in Review DVD-have you? And if so, was it exactly what they showed in the theatre or was that just a small part of it?

Hi all,

I was on the same cruise with you. (BTW Great Review Merion Mom!)

You know of all of the events/shows on schedule all week, "Love & Marriage " was the one I looked the most forward too...and of course it was the only night on board I felt ill. I stayed in my room from late that afternoon until the next morning. I was so bummed to have missed it!

It was nice to see a bit of the Love & Marriage show on the final night when they showed the DVD.

That reminds me, I've never purchased a Cruise in Review DVD-have you? And if so, was it exactly what they showed in the theatre or was that just a small part of it?

Most of the CIR DVD is what they show on TV with a little extra footage and some details about the ship and Ports of Call.

• 2 weeks later...
My daughter is of legal age, but my son & friend are not, and they were just incensed that RC wouldn't let them drink on the ship.

Hi Merio_Mom

This always puzzles me... being British and always being MORE aware of the legal drinking age in the USA because it is later than in the UK (in the USA it is 21, in the UK 18 - so people who can legally drink in the UK can't when they visit the US).

Why are your sons (and quite a few other US citizens - which is why I am asking: have seen it posted here quite a few times) - "incensed" at not being allowed to drink in bars/restaurants on a ship, when they couldn't drink legally at bars/restaurants in their own country anyway? Especially when the USA is - in my opinion - often VERY strict at carding people (be they 21, 30 or in their 60s...). So I would think it would expected/accepted that you couldn't drink on the ship.

Thank you for your great notes - we were on the Liberty last September and had a great time.

Boo

Archived