Laundry services on Princess

Cobra427SC

Now that we've finally spent our way to elite status, we're looking forward to having Princess do our laundry. I assume that they have both dry cleaning and regular laundry services. Do they sort out what gets dry cleaned and what gets machine washed, or do you specify how you want things done? Any other caveats? thanx s

Now that we've finally spent our way to elite status, we're looking forward to having Princess do our laundry. I assume that they have both dry cleaning and regular laundry services. Do they sort out what gets dry cleaned and what gets machine washed, or do you specify how you want things done? Any other caveats? thanx s

You fill out the laundry/dry cleaning slips and put them into seperate bags. If you don't, they will not sort them for you. If you need more laundry bags/laundry slips, just ask your room steward for them.

I have also recently made it to elite and am looking forward to our nexxt cruise where we will get the added benefits.

It is my understandng that there are no dry cleaning facilities on the former R class ships - Pacific, Royal and Tahitian Princesses.

You can specify which items to be dry cleaned & which to be washed. The dry cleaning comes back in great shape whereas the regular laundry is only so-so. It's clean & pressed alright but any stains won't really be fully removed. The only solution is to bring along some thing to pre-treat the stains - like shout. They also dry everything in their dryers set at HOT so if you send in items that will shrink watch out. :eek: My underwear & socks haven't been the same since I sent them to be washed in the Princess laundry. I haven't heard anyone else comment about it so maybe I'm to fussy.

You can specify which items to be dry cleaned & which to be washed. The dry cleaning comes back in great shape whereas the regular laundry is only so-so. It's clean & pressed alright but any stains won't really be fully removed. The only solution is to bring along some thing to pre-treat the stains - like shout. They also dry everything in their dryers set at HOT so if you send in items that will shrink watch out. :eek: My underwear & socks haven't been the same since I sent them to be washed in the Princess laundry. I haven't heard anyone else comment about it so maybe I'm to fussy.

It does seem that the quality of the "laundry" must vary slightly from ship to ship. So far I guess we have just been lucky as our laundry has come back in great shape. I have had to explain to DH though that I'm not ironing his underware on terra-firma! :eek: :D :eek:

About 10 months ago someone even posted pictures of his whiter than normal socks!

I have also recently made it to elite and am looking forward to our nexxt cruise where we will get the added benefits.

It is my understandng that there are no dry cleaning facilities on the former R class ships - Pacific, Royal and Tahitian Princesses.

Paul, Not sure about the Royal, but you are correct about the Tahitian and Pacific, no dry cleaning services on them.

The laundry slip has a section for wash and dry cleaning that you specify.

To be on the safe side I would use one slip and one bag for dry cleaning and another slip and bag for regular wash. Mark it express and if you get it to your steward before 9 AM you will get it back by about 5:30.

Ron

A note about using the "self-serve" washing machines. On our recent Alaskan Inside passage cruise, due to water conservation policies, the washing machines were not available during the Alaskan port days, Tuesday thru Thursday. Dryers were always available and washers only when we were out to sea. Don't know if this applies to all destinations or when you request Princess to do it but you may want to confirm, especially if it impacts the amount of clothing you pack.

Be careful of shrinkage, two of my nice polo shirts went from XL to S in the Sun Princess Laundry, as has been said, probably the super hot dryers, now my grandson is wearing them. But gee my jeans and PJ's handled it well, never had my PJ's ironed before!

I reckon the complimentary laundry (I don't say FREE - you have paid for it over the years!) is the best perk with Elite, particularly on the longer cruises when you need some laundering done.

I just wrote in big letters ELITE on top of laundry list, to make sure those pesky critters in the Princess revenue Dept did not add it to my on board bill which is always big with drinks and shore tours.!

can you do your own laundry or do you have to send it for the ship personnel to do?

All Princess ships have self-service washers and driers, usually about $1.00 each. There also are (no charge) ironing boards and irons in the laundry rooms.

They sell detergent boxes for $1.00, but if you have a favorite brand, you might want to bring your own.

• 4 months later...

Since I am only platinum how much to have princess to launder, say a couple of outfits? About how long will it take? I have never used the ship laundry before. I want to pack really light this time. I'll definitely only send out things that will take the dryer heat!

Archived