FLL Post Cruise~What to do from 9AM-5PM?

TanIslandGirl

:) Hello,

We just booked our air tickets on Jet Blue for our cruise this February. There was only one flight coming home the entire day and it is a 7PM flight, so we will be in Fort Lauderdale most of the day. Can anybody suggest something to do while we are there? We have teenagers with us no small kids. Maybe a hotel with shopping close by? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Susan

:) Hello,

We just booked our air tickets on Jet Blue for our cruise this February. There was only one flight coming home the entire day and it is a 7PM flight, so we will be in Fort Lauderdale most of the day. Can anybody suggest something to do while we are there? We have teenagers with us no small kids. Maybe a hotel with shopping close by? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Susan

I would suggest a day rate at a hotel on 17th Street that has a pool. You can hang out by the pool for the day, shower, change, walk to dinner, shop, then get a cab or hotel shuttle to the airport.

Hyatt Pier 66, Embassy Suites, or Hyatt Place.

Thanks... I will check those hotels out. That sounds like a nice plan, swim, sun then head out for a little something else. I don't think I am up for an excursion of any type where i have to be on somebody else's schedule. Usually after we get off the ship we head right to the airport and our home in the early part of the afternoon. This will be the first time we have ever stayed this late. Thank again.:)

Thanks... I will check those hotels out. That sounds like a nice plan, swim, sun then head out for a little something else. I don't think I am up for an excursion of any type where i have to be on somebody else's schedule. Usually after we get off the ship we head right to the airport and our home in the early part of the afternoon. This will be the first time we have ever stayed this late. Thank again.:)

Then that should be right up your alley. All three of those hotels are close to the airport and the port (dirt cheap cab) in a nice location within walking distance to a ton of shopping and dining. Good luck!

One last thing, you may just want to extend your vacation, spend the night, then fly out early the next morning. Fort Lauderdale is a great town!

Are the day rate prices posted on the hotel web sites or would I have to call to enquire?? Our flight out in April post cruise will most likely not be until 4pm..We will have some time to kill after debarking the ship

I would suggest a day rate at a hotel on 17th Street that has a pool. You can hang out by the pool for the day, shower, change, walk to dinner, shop, then get a cab or hotel shuttle to the airport.

I have not made any calls yet to the hotels mentioned but a "day rate" if available is the only way to go, since check in time usually is not until 3:00 . By that time I will only have a few hours before it's time to head back to the airport. I'm super busy right now with work & a few other things going on but as soon as I get the chance to call I will report back what I find. :)

Just thought I would let you know, I did some extensive phone calling and I had a hard time finding a day rate. We will be at Hyatt Place pre cruise and they would not allow me a day rate upon our return. They did state that it was a day thing, if available when you show up that day the rate will be standard rate.

I did not check the Hyatt 66 or Embassy, a little too expansive for me.

But, I did find a day rate at the Hampton Inn Plantation, and I was able to book it for 9am arrival and 5 pm checkout. The rate was half the standard rate. Plus they have shuttle from port to hotel and hotel to airport. We stayed there last year pre and post cruise and it is a very nice hotel. I did not book it precruise because I like to try different hotels when I travel.

Thanks for the info on the Hampton Inn. I was able to call a few hotels today and the first one I called (Tropi Rock) was insulted that I even asked such a question. I didn't get very far with the other 2 chain hotels I called either. I will be calling the Hampton Inn since you had a good response from them. Thanks again:)

Thanks for the info on the Hampton Inn. I was able to call a few hotels today and the first one I called (Tropi Rock) was insulted that I even asked such a question. I didn't get very far with the other 2 chain hotels I called either. I will be calling the Hampton Inn since you had a good response from them. Thanks again:)

That sucks and hate that it is such a PIA for you!

I usually don't have a problem with a day rate but I've never checked peak season.

I phoned the Hampton Inn Plantation and they told me no day room for Nov 17th the day our cruise ends on the Noordam because it was high season.

Ontario Cruiser

We are staying at the Best Western Oceanside Inn before the cruise for 3 nights. It does have mixed reviews but it is near the beach, we have airmiles for it and we don't intend to spend much time in our hotel so I a m going to ask them if we can lock up our luggage there and go to the beach on the 17th.

Are the day rate prices posted on the hotel web sites or would I have to call to enquire?? Our flight out in April post cruise will most likely not be until 4pm..We will have some time to kill after debarking the ship

you have to call the hotel directly.....and ask to NOT be transferred to central reservations...as they are probably NOT in the hotel and will have no clue....try to get a Front Office manager or the in-house revenue manager.......

most day rooms are from 9-5 and are about half the rate for a night.

Archived