Has Anyone Seen Paul Baya?

Lubbock2006

If you have been on the Star lately you probably already know Paul. His 13 years of experience with NCL shines like new money. I have seen a version of the "Fountain" comedy act that he staged on the "Staff Show" but this one takes the cake. I don't recall laughing that much in my life. I'll have some pix of this cruise as soon as I can get them organized. (Over 700) For those that plan on going on the Star in the future, don't miss a show in the "Stardust Theater". I don't have the entire list of entertainers but they include "Tribute", "Alberto", "Jana Steale", "Murray", "The Chinese Acrobats" and of course "The Jean Ann Ryan Company". I apologize for not having the entire list. They were all great.

P.S. The young lady pictured with Paul is the leader for the Jean Ann Ryan Company, (sorry I didn't catch her name), and she and Paul sang a duet at the staff show. I can't say enough about this bunch.................rrh

IMG_0876.jpg.226b8323137f77db9ea8b1860663b669.jpg

Paul is my favorite CD from all my cruises. He as been the CD on three of my cruises. One thing that impressed me was his memory. From my first cruise, he remembered my name the next two cruises I was on. His additude helps enhance the cruise experience.

We were on the Star August 16, to Alaska, and we absolutely loved Paul! We loved everything else about our cruise as well! I am ready to go on another cruise right now, but as we are not independently wealthy we'll have to save up some money first - and just live off the memories for now! T.J.

If you have been on the Star lately you probably already know Paul. His 13 years of experience with NCL shines like new money. I have seen a version of the "Fountain" comedy act that he staged on the "Staff Show" but this one takes the cake. I don't recall laughing that much in my life. I'll have some pix of this cruise as soon as I can get them organized. (Over 700) For those that plan on going on the Star in the future, don't miss a show in the "Stardust Theater". I don't have the entire list of entertainers but they include "Tribute", "Alberto", "Jana Steale", "Murray", "The Chinese Acrobats" and of course "The Jean Ann Ryan Company". I apologize for not having the entire list. They were all great.

P.S. The young lady pictured with Paul is the leader for the Jean Ann Ryan Company, (sorry I didn't catch her name), and she and Paul sang a duet at the staff show. I can't say enough about this bunch.................rrh

The first time we saw "Fountains" I thought I was going to fall out of my seat, it's so funny. Have been on the Star 3xs twice with Paul and yes he is very good.

I hear that Paul has recently left NCL.

He was CD on our first cruise and did a great job.

Tell me this isn't so! He's my favorite CD. We've sailed with him on the Sky, the Sun and the Dawn.

I enjoyed the video clip James,, that's the same song that they sang at the staff show on the star. I got a survey form NCL today about our cruise, I hope I didn't make it sound too good to be true. I can't say enough about the entertainment department..............rrh

P.S. James can you identify this gentleman?

IMG_0891.jpg.c387dfb57e05f04cb77c52008acbc541.jpg

What makes Paul so special? Very serious ?

My Dawn cruise last Dec. had me wanting to strangle the Aussie CD because she was on the PA every half hour squeeling in that Ausie Accent:

Bingo, Bingo, Bingo!

Sort of like the cliche., The Dingo ate my baby!

Our CD on the Sun was great. Very few Bingo or art announcements! The captain always announced when whales were coming up and when we were in interesting areas.

think everyone loves him, where did you hear he has left NCL?

I was asking Alex (Jewel Concierge) which ship Paul was on at the moment as we knew he wasn't on the Jewel anymore. Whoever CD/Asst CD is on the your ship, they work so hard to try to make the cruise more enjoyable.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are brand new to cruising and Paul was the CD on the Norwegian Star on our Alaskan cruise of 9/13 through 9/20/2008. He and his staff were true professionals and made the voyage all that much more enjoyable. "Fountains" will forever remain a knee-slapping funny skit that we will long remember.

Anyone know who is the cd on the Jewel, and if so, whether he/she is good? We will be on the Jewel at the end of October.

Thanks.

As I recall, unless things have changed, the Jewel CD is Jimmy Kovel... an American from Connecticut (actually he went to the same high school I did).

UPDATE: Jimmy is actually on the Dawn until Nov 25... so I have no idea who is on the Jewel at the moment.

As I recall, unless things have changed, the Jewel CD is Jimmy Kovel... an American from Connecticut (actually he went to the same high school I did).

UPDATE: Jimmy is actually on the Dawn until Nov 25... so I have no idea who is on the Jewel at the moment.

Pedro was the cruise director on the Dawn on 9/28 and I think he just got back from vacation then.

• 8 months later...

When we were on the Jewel on March, Rich from Canada was the CD. Paul Baya was the CD on our Jewel cruise 2 years ago and I thought he was very talented and definitely my favorite CD so far.

Phil always gets enough to eat. He was on vaca the week before and returned to work the holiday week. The weather has been cool and rainy...which is okay for me. We went out for lunch a few times and out to dinner. His birthday was on the 29th (50th) and the kids and I took him out. We are hoping to book a cruise to Bermuda in September....just waiting for prices to decline. So far they have been holding steady. :(

Do you have any vaca in the horizon?

Archived