Is checked baggage really checked?

realtysandy

We've been on several cruises, and we've never had our bags checked or our booze confiscated. We have brought on in our checked luggage 12 bubble wrapped bottles of wine. DH brings a bottle of vodka and that too has never been confiscated. This time around, I'm bringing boxed wine--double bagged in a 2-1/2 gallon zip lock bag. I'll sandwich that in between some bath towels and I'll be good to go. I'll report back if it's missing when the luggage arrives at our cabin. I expect it to be there. :D

What happened when you got caught bringing your own?

Thank you for your time.

VV~

They left a message on our cabin phone to meet down at the crew deck.

We went down there and they said they found it and wanted to know if we wanted to take it back to our car or have them hold it until the end of the cruise. We opted to take it back to our car:)

We just got off the same ship, same port 2 weeks ago and had no problem this time around..........

We went down there and they said they found it and wanted to know if we wanted to take it back to our car or have them hold it until the end of the cruise. We opted to take it back to our car:)

We just got off the same ship, same port 2 weeks ago and had no problem this time around..........

Were you using the RumRunners or just your own packaging?

BTW, Thank you for replying.

Was this on Carnival?

Were you using the RumRunners or just your own packaging?

BTW, Thank you for replying.

No rumrunners.......we don't disguise anything. It was a bottle of rum and a 12pk of beer..........

In ten years this was the first and only time we were notified.....never did they say they would confiscate it. Just gave us a choice to pick it up after the cruise or take back to the car..........

Was this on Carnival?

Yes on the Elation out of San Diego Aug. 2007. But like I mentioned we took the exact same again 2 weeks ago on the same ship and it went thru like flying colors lol!

Archived