Is it odd that C&A doesn't know who the headliners will be?

shaggyofwv

I sent an email to the C&A and asked them who our entertainment headliners would be for our 10/05/2008 cruise and they replied that they were unable to tell me at this time..

I thought that it was a little odd that they do not know who the headliners are going to be when we are only 3 weeks out from the cruise..

Is this normal?

I emailed RCI directly and they told me who all the entertainers for the Thanksgiving Cruise on Liberty is.

I guess I will just have to go that route.. I just found it odd that the C&A society apparently doesn't know who the entertainment is going to be..

Well, in all fairness, it's not their jobs to know. They're supposed to know about the loyalty program and perhaps help with reservations and other land-based issues, not get involved in each ship's entertainment roster.:)

As for a company-wide computer system that holds all of that information, readily accessible to each person with a headset and a keyboard, it would be wonderful, but as we all know here, RCI's computer system is a patchwork quilt and the C&A system is a mess.

I kind of like being surprised - it's so much fun to come back from dinner and find the next day's cruise compass on the bed - I like to take it out on the balcony and see what all is coming up the next day right before I retire for the evening!

I can almost guarantee that whoever the "Headliner" is, you won't know them from Adam!!! These guys (and gals) are great entertainers, but they aren't well-known, being on the cruise circuit.

Sometimes you will be lucky enough to catch a good headliner that you have seen in the past from a previous ship, or from one of the late night talk shows. I have seen a couple of the same entertainers on differant ships.

you just know have to know the right people

DOMENICK ALLEN SINGER

PAUL & MARLISE BOLAND SINGER/IMPRESSIONIST

GEORGE KANTER COMEDIAN

AL ROMAS COMEDIAN

CHARLIE FRYE & CO NOVELTY JUGGLER/MAGIC

DMITRY KALININ ICE ACT - GERMAN WHEEL

BRIAN BLATZ COCKTAIL PIANIST

Glad someone was able to find out for you. We were emailed the entertainers (I sent the email to RCCL) on our last two RCCL cruises. We had Marty Allen and his wife, Karon Kate, on both of those cruises and they were fantastic! He is pretty contemporary considering his age (86, I believe) and like the energizer bunny and she is multitalented. I hope everyone gets to see them sometime. The other entertainment was pretty good, too, probably better than what we had on Celebrity.

you just know have to know the right people

DOMENICK ALLEN SINGER

PAUL & MARLISE BOLAND SINGER/IMPRESSIONIST

GEORGE KANTER COMEDIAN

AL ROMAS COMEDIAN

CHARLIE FRYE & CO NOVELTY JUGGLER/MAGIC

DMITRY KALININ ICE ACT - GERMAN WHEEL

BRIAN BLATZ COCKTAIL PIANIST

Gee, that sounds like a fabulous entertainment line up.....or not. :D :D :D Although I am not on your cruise, I agree with the poster that also likes the "surprise" aspect of finding out on your cruise. Unless it is a Matt Yee cruise or a few of the others, there isn't really anything that jumps out at you. :) :)

I sent an email to the C&A and asked them who our entertainment headliners would be for our 10/05/2008 cruise and they replied that they were unable to tell me at this time..

I thought that it was a little odd that they do not know who the headliners are going to be when we are only 3 weeks out from the cruise..

Is this normal?

C&A is the loyalty scheme - not sure why they would know.

Call RCI and speak to any agent - they can see the info via their in-house 'help' system if they just type in the word 'headliners'.

We have had some "semi big" entertainerson on a few of our cruises although some were probably 10 years ago or so. Examples are John Davidson, Marty Allen, Fred Travalena, Diahann Carroll, Lorna Luft. Not huge stars, but I think many would recognize most of those names.

Archived