PacSun still in Wet Dock??

cloakndagger

Yep, the slide is gone.

Was told by an inside source last week that it was gone but couldn't really mention it on CC.

They wanted more room around the pool for activities and the slide took up an awful lot of room.

:eek: :( :( icon13.gif

That’s a shame, the only ship in the P&O Australia fleet that had a slide.....

I just wish I went down it a few more time then I did…. & I wish I took our underwater camera down it as well.

I think that I am happy that the slide is gone - when it was being used, half of the pool was roped off which meant that if you wanted to use the pool during daylight hours when kids are prowling around (and using the slide), you couldn't really..

Barry

would of been good if P & O had invested in a new webcam......the current one is not very good.....compared to the dawn's

I think they are both pretty ordinary compared to others around. Pacific Star had the best one locally till she was shipped off to Europe.

Among the many available at www.shipwatcher.com - there are several with much clearer images including Coral, Diamond, Golden Princess; and the Hurtigruten Ferry fleet.

Crystal cruises has VGA cams, and are the current pick of the seas. Both ships have a standard deckcam, port & starboard cams, and a cam in the computer lab.

http://www.crystalcruises.com/liveviews.aspx

I think that I am happy that the slide is gone - when it was being used, half of the pool was roped off which meant that if you wanted to use the pool during daylight hours when kids are prowling around (and using the slide), you couldn't really..

Barry

Well, now that they have an Adults only area you should be happy.

"At the top of the list is the transformation of the ship’s top sun deck to create an inviting adults-only Oasis retreat, featuring chocolate brown wicker daybeds, lounges, tables and ottomans and a new whirlpool spa."

But hey what about the kids, really not fair when the latest brochure even shows a picture of a child coming down the waterslide, the pool & slide and it's on the deck plans. My experience at any resort with a slide is that it is only open certain times anyway. Suggestion if you don't like "kids prowling around" then cruise on adult only ships.

I for one (along with my kids) will be really disappointed if the slide is gone forever and will make it known to P&O. They are supposed to be marketing as a "Family Ship" and to me family includs kids. Adults have their own area now, leave the slide alone. :mad:

I had to laugh at the ADULTS ONLY area on the top deck yesterday. We could see several children up there. So i dont think they will be able to make it adults only. they couldnt even monitor it for 2 hours into its first cruise.

I am pretty certain that the slide is not there. It is a bit disapointing but hey we wont cancel our cruise over it. There are alot more things for kids to do. The kids clubs are great from what i hear.

Cheers,

Kirsten

I had to laugh at the ADULTS ONLY area on the top deck yesterday. We could see several children up there. So i dont think they will be able to make it adults only. they couldnt even monitor it for 2 hours into its first cruise.

Cheers,

Kirsten

If that was just on it's way out then maybe they make an exception for sailaway. Once the cruise is well & truly underway, kids may not be allowed. Just a thought:) .

Sorry Jingles 83 - but I am still happy the slide has gone!! ;)

Actually, I don't mind kids - had a couple of them myself once - it's just the ones that are left to run around completely unsupervised (and dare I say, uncared for) that I tend to dislike. Saw a sign in the window of a toyshop at my local Hyperdome Mall the other day -- it said in big bold letters " THIS IS NOT A CHILDCARE CENTRE ! IF WE FIND ANY UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN IN THIS STORE, WE WILL TAKE THEM TO THE POLICE. " :p I thought that was fairly direct and unambiguous! :)

Barry

Archived