PacSun still in Wet Dock??

cloakndagger

Hi guys,

had a look on the cruise cam this morning...the Pac Sun is still in wet dock....

Hope she makes it out of there in time to cruise today!!

:confused: :confused:

Hi Kaz,

She was due to tie up alongside Portside at around 5.30 this morning. Anthony and I were going to head down to see her tie up but after an early start last Sunday morning for the Bridge to Brisbane, we decided sleep was more important - only just though lol

Hope to see you there, if not, have a fantastic cruise!!

Sarah

Hi Kaz,

How embarrassing!! I could have sworn you were leaving today. Oh well, we'll be there next week as well!! Any opportunity we get, we are down at Portside. I believe she is out and should be alongside now. Brisbane first cruiser posted some photos yesterday of her coming out of dry dock. Our T/A told us she was going to be doing some sea trials yesterday as well.

Sarah

Hi Kaz,

How embarrassing!! I could have sworn you were leaving today. Oh well, we'll be there next week as well!! Any opportunity we get, we are down at Portside. I believe she is out and should be alongside now. Brisbane first cruiser posted some photos yesterday of her coming out of dry dock. Our T/A told us she was going to be doing some sea trials yesterday as well.

Sarah

No sea trials yesterday...she was still in wet dock at 10.30 last night...it's why I am asking if anyone has seen her out...

Bloody cruise cams....

She came out of drydock yesterday morning at 8.30am. I went down to portside and got some shots. You can click on the link below. they bought her out of drydock and turned her around, went down the river a little and then turned her back, the put her lifeboats and tenders on and then she parked at cairnscross for the night. She looks lovley. We got some great photos of her. Special thanks goes to the lovley port security man who allowed us to stand on Hamilton wharf 2.

Cheers,

Kirsten

I just received a message from Aunt Frog & the Sun is at the wharf in all her glory!! Just wish the cruise cam was working.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Yes, so do I Charmain.

No cruisecam = No video. So far just a short bit of action as she reversed to the fitting dock, then the drydock before her refit. Followed by a couple of days watching Brisbane move around her while she sat in the drydock.

Not exactly gripping stuff, I will try to make it interesting for a video.

arxcards you should ask brisbane first cruisers if you can use her photos in the video :) ;)

I will do, and I also have some pics from Minxy & Kym as well. Starts to become too much of a slide show vs video motion, but will have to make do somehow.

Cam is still down. It would be nice if it was restored before her imminent departure for some sort of finale.

Hi guys,

We have just gotten back from seeing her off and she is looking great. One BIG chaznge i can see is NO WATERSLIDE!!! It appears to be gone. We will get to see and confirm it soon, but it doesnt look like it is there, there is a big blank open air space where it used to be.

I took some more photos and i will put them up soon.

Cheers,

Kirsten

What time did she leave??? :confused:

Was it 2pm or 3pm???

I got there at 2.55 and she was gone! :mad:

I then drove down to that new park and saw Jo and JP drive past us leaving, than I saw kirsten and family leave!!

I am spewing I missed it. :mad:

Will have to get down there earlier next Saturday

What time did she leave??? :confused:

Was it 2pm or 3pm???

I got there at 2.55 and she was gone! :mad:

I then drove down to that new park and saw Jo and JP drive past us leaving, than I saw kirsten and family leave!!

I am spewing I missed it. :mad:

Will have to get down there earlier next Saturday

Brissie ports site was showing a planned departure of 2pm, and is now showing actual departure time of 2:35pm.

Hi guys,

We have just gotten back from seeing her off and she is looking great. One BIG chaznge i can see is NO WATERSLIDE!!! It appears to be gone.

No waterslide??? :eek: :eek: :eek: What are they thinking? :eek: :eek: :eek: That was one of the best parts of the Pacific Sun.

No waterslide??? What are they thinking? That was one of the best parts of the Pacific Sun.

I've emailed P&O about the waterslide (yesterday) --- after Kirsten and I pored over a few photos looking to see if we could see it ... I decided to go straight to the source! (suprisingly --- haven't had a reply as yet!!!!!!!!!):D :D

Cloak & Dagger .... know anything??????????????????

That would be right!

I had a feeling it might change to 2pm at this time of year, but my brochure said 3pm!

I will be early next week - especially as I have friends on this cruise to wave to!

I have noticed that P&O have it wrong in the brochure. they have most of them leaving in the brochure at 3pm (even our cruise in April). But the p&O website has them all leaving at 2pm. Our cruise personaliser has aq 2pm departure for us too. Silly p&o brochure!!!

Cheers,

Kirsten

Yep, the slide is gone.

Was told by an inside source last week that it was gone but couldn't really mention it on CC.

They wanted more room around the pool for activities and the slide took up an awful lot of room.

Colour scheme is in the brown tones inside the ship.

So why do you think they didnt want u to mention it?:confused: Did they think that maybe no one would notice ....:D It was a bit of an eyesore really. Maybe they had too many people wanting compensation :eek: ha kidding

Icy

I think when I was told it was just for my information and I assumed that they didn't want me to mention it to anyone while it was happening. Just a general bit of gos as they knew I was interested.

But now it's all finished we will all know what it's like soon enough! I also heard that some things stayed :)

You might be right about compensation, water slides can be a bit of a problem so maybe loosing it might just make life easier for P&O

Archived