Airports-shuttle Venice

Just found this site on the web.Has anyone used this watertaxi shuttle service?

We are staying in the Hotel Milino Stucky Hilton.Sounds to me like a good way to get there from the airport,For 135.00 euros.They shuttle you from the airport terminal to the airport dock, then onto the hotel by watertaxi.

We are staying in the Hotel Milino Stucky Hilton.Sounds to me like a good way to get there from the airport,For 135.00 euros.They shuttle you from the airport terminal to the airport dock, then onto the hotel by watertaxi.

I don't know this hotel but if it's in central Venice the water taxi should be about 100 euro. The airport dock is at most a 10 minute walk from the terminal. If you can manage your luggage you won't need the shuttle to the airport dock.

Whatever the price... I think we paid 100 euros....it was well worth it. On a nice sunny day, going thru the canals right to your hotel, there is nothing like it.

Price isnt an issue.The hotel Molino Stucky is on its own Island across from San Marco.The only way to get there is by watertaxi and the Airport-Shuttle seems my best bet.

I used a priveate water taxi last year. My travel agent booked it with an agency in Venice. They picked my wife and I up at baggage claim and took us to hour hotel on St. Marco. They picked us up at hotel three days later and took us to the ship. after our cruise they picked us up at the ship and took us back to our hotel. If you have the money take a private water taxi, they are there at your disposal. The Hilton is a great hotel. It sits directly across the grand canal from St. Marks. They have their own private shuttle taxi that takes guests back and forth to St. Marks Square. Have fun.

Cheers

I used a priveate water taxi last year. My travel agent booked it with an agency in Venice. They picked my wife and I up at baggage claim and took us to hour hotel on St. Marco. They picked us up at hotel three days later and took us to the ship. after our cruise they picked us up at the ship and took us back to our hotel. If you have the money take a private water taxi, they are there at your disposal. The Hilton is a great hotel. It sits directly across the grand canal from St. Marks. They have their own private shuttle taxi that takes guests back and forth to St. Marks Square. Have fun.

Cheers

That is exacatly what were looking for.Do you have the name of agency in Venice?

Thanks

we used the water taxi site this summer and they were excellent. All reservations were made online, they were very responsive. We were greeted as soon as we came out of customs with our bags and were taken to the water taxi via van. We then had a magical ride into Venice. We also booked our return with them, they picked us up at the Molino Stucky right on time and again took us to the dock and transported us to the terminal hassle free. There were four of us each with one roll-on bag. The alilaguna seems quite easy to use as well but makes many stops and doesn't deliever you at your doorstep or dock.

We used watertaxis from airport to Venice and also from Venice to the ship.

After seeing the various docks and the availablility of watertaxis everywhere I'd say you could just go down to the dock and negotiate a ride versus pre-reserve. Though we did reserve ahead of time both ways. There seemed to be no shortage everywhere I looked. The caveate is that you do need to know what a fair fare is. In principle the fares should be distance based but it appears they do have a surcharge as you add more people. We paid ~ 125 Euro/boat from Airport to San Marco/Rialto Brdige for 6 people + 8 pieces of luggage. It ran 100 Euros / boat for the same 6 people and 8 pieces of luggage from Rialto Stop to the ship terminal.

The taxi ride is an unique experience, much like the gondola. Well worth it if you have enough people to make it cost effective.

Archived