Time from Seattle Cruise Terminal to Airport (SEA)

CruisenOne

It depends on the pier (there are 2 that are used in Seattle), day of week, and time of day. It took about 30 minutes for my family to get from Terminal 30 to SEA. It took us about 40 minutes to get from SEA to our hotel which was across from Pier 66.

Next year, if the ships that are currently using Terminal 30 get shifted to Pier 91, it will take longer to get from the pier to the airport as Pier 91 is futher away from SEA than Terminal 30.

The reason that I asked is:

DW and I are taking a Princess Alaskan Cruise in May,09. Seattle/Seattle.

We arrive Seattle at 7:30 A.M.

Our Flight from SEA is 12:15 P.M.

Have Princess Transfers to SEA.

I entered our Flight info on the Princess Cruise Personalizer and a "notation" stated "Return Flight too early":rolleyes:

Again, thank you for the info.

We got off the Oosterdam this past Saturday and had a 3:05pm flight out of Seattle. We were off the ship at 9:00 am and used transfers to the airport. We were through security and checked in by 10:30 am. We kept trying to get an earlier flight out but they were all booked.

What I am saying is if you disembark even earlier you can definitely make that flight.

The reason that I asked is:

DW and I are taking a Princess Alaskan Cruise in May,09. Seattle/Seattle.

We arrive Seattle at 7:30 A.M.

Our Flight from SEA is 12:15 P.M.

Have Princess Transfers to SEA.

I entered our Flight info on the Princess Cruise Personalizer and a "notation" stated "Return Flight too early":rolleyes:

Again, thank you for the info.

I believe Princess did not recommend flights earlier than 12:30 this year (might have been 1pm). And they are one of the ones that will be switching to Pier 91 next year. If you want to keep cruiseline transfers then you will need a later flight. Otherwise get rid of the cruise transfers and either take a taxi or a shuttle service to the airport.

I believe Princess did not recommend flights earlier than 12:30 this year (might have been 1pm). And they are one of the ones that will be switching to Pier 91 next year. If you want to keep cruiseline transfers then you will need a later flight. Otherwise get rid of the cruise transfers and either take a taxi or a shuttle service to the airport.

Just came back from out TAs Office.

You are quoting her exactly:)

Getting rid of the Princess Transfer and will take a Taxi.

Thank you for your input

There is major construction in the access roads at SEA, and will be continuing for at least another year. If you take a taxi, have the driver take you to either the arrival or departure area, whichever has LESS TRAFFIC. Probably on a cruise day, you'll be better at arrivals. Then, take your bags up the escalator (or the elevator) to the departure level. Much better, as there are 6-7 lanes on the arrival level and only 4 on the departure (and 2-3 get taken with stopped cars/taxis/shuttles).

There is major construction in the access roads at SEA, and will be continuing for at least another year. If you take a taxi, have the driver take you to either the arrival or departure area, whichever has LESS TRAFFIC. Probably on a cruise day, you'll be better at arrivals. Then, take your bags up the escalator (or the elevator) to the departure level. Much better, as there are 6-7 lanes on the arrival level and only 4 on the departure (and 2-3 get taken with stopped cars/taxis/shuttles).

Thank you for your advice.

Much appreciated.

We arrived from Alaska on the Golden Princess on Saturday, September 20th. We had booked a 10:30 flight on Southwest and made it in PLENTY of time.

While I probably wouldn't book so early again.....it's possible. It took maybe 30 minutes from the pier to the airport. We did do the self disembarkation.

Yes, but it'll be a very different situation next year. Princess move from pier 30 to pier 91. Pier 30 is south seattle much nearer the airport than pier 91 (north seattle)

Comprehensive directions courtesy of the Port of Seattle:

http://www.portseattle.org/about/maps/

Interesting to see Pier 91 shifting to the cruise business. I worked at Pier 91 processing sea food from Alaska as a summer job when I was a kid. Times certainly change! Pier 91 is nowhere near as convenient as Pier 66 with respect to touring downtown and at least another 15+ minutes more to the airport as it is on the complete opposite side of downtown Seattle.

Archived